Richmond inquires about Armo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Richmond inquires about Armo

FQF wrote:According to Trade Radio, Richmond may offer up pick 11 for Armitage. That's overs IMO so will be very interesting if true...

unders you mean...ffs....flower the tigers..

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
FQF wrote:According to Trade Radio, Richmond may offer up pick 11 for Armitage. That's overs IMO so will be very interesting if true...

Well its certainly not unders and is pretty much well over.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

And not happening

You are garbage - Enough said
stinger
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:3.12pm: Ameet Bains tells Trade Radio there's "nothing to discuss" on David Armitage. He is contracted and not going anywhere

thank god for that...phew....worried there for a moment.... :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

And not happening
plugga would not have a clue......top ten pick in the first place...a club leader and a future captain....tough as old boots...if pick 4 is not enough for dane beams...then pick 11 is certainly not enough for armo......

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Bains - almost chose Membrey a couple of years back

Quite a few clubs discussed #1 - most clubs reasonable and respectful

Jaksch - hopeful, preference is Carlton, one thing club of choice not alway the place a player you get to

JOR - hopeful

Petracca? - Him and McCartin looked at closely

Jack Steven - ongoing discussions for 2 -3 months about contract extension.

Armo - required player him and Steven to be our midfield leaders. Not one club raised his name

Milera - discussions with Port and Adelaide - continuing discussions.

So Jack and Armo not on the table and never was

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:Bains - almost chose Membrey a couple of years back

Jaksch - hopeful, preference is Carlton, one thing club of choice not alway the place a player you get to

JOR - hopeful

Armo - required player him and Steven to be our midfield leaders. Not one club raised his name

good to hear...

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Bains - almost chose Membrey a couple of years back

JOR - hopeful

good to hear...
yes all pretty positive so far

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
He also said that we never mentioned his name so I'm not sure where the pick 11 stuff came from. Probably the same as many other trade rumours that we'll hear over the next few days.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Rosco
Club Player

Didn't meet with all clubs today

"St Kilda confirms it will meet with Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS, West Coast, Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Melbourne and Carlton this afternoon."

ace
Saintsational Legend

Just so everyone knows.
As a result of Melbourne getting pick No 3 as compensation for losing James Frawley as a free agent, Richmond now has pick No 12.
So it would be pick 12 for Armitage.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
matrix
Saintsational Legend

gee whizz youd have to seriously consider it

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:gee whizz youd have to seriously consider it

It is NOT beuing considered and NO club has even asked...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Firstly I would completely doubt pick 11 for Armo. maybe its a player and their second pick. However if it is pick 11 it is way over so the simple thing is to trade him but again it isn't that simple. If we lose Lenny and Armo, Jack will be sat on as we have no other players worth even looking at tagging. Our midfield will be smashed and thus our forwards smashed and the side is then smashed. We were beaten in a lot of games this year byt big margins but they will look close games if we lose Armo. Can the club afford not win a game and be smashed every week. Can the young forwards afford to hardly get a kick and lose confidence. Can the club afford to lose even more members and maybe sponsors.

I don't have an answer but it isn't as simple as yes because of those reasons. Still doubt 11 is anywhere on the table so case closed.
look i think its pretty obvious its not happening but theres something in your post that has me thinking ... you say if we traded out Armo we would get killed each week and lose members/sponsors blah blah the sky is falling ...
What happens if Armo does and ACL in round one ?

i agree Armo is important but i think you may be over stating his importance just a tad ... he is a strong leader and a very good player but he is no Roo when it comes to the clubs marketability to both members and sponsors .. in the end we will prob only win 3 games tops next year thats with or without armo so if a club is going to be crazy to offer a first round pick for him we would take it every day of the week if it was a pick in the 20's then no deal as there is no point trading him for a fair trade but if we are getting over the top overs for him we would be mad not to take it ..

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Firstly I would completely doubt pick 11 for Armo. maybe its a player and their second pick. However if it is pick 11 it is way over so the simple thing is to trade him but again it isn't that simple. If we lose Lenny and Armo, Jack will be sat on as we have no other players worth even looking at tagging. Our midfield will be smashed and thus our forwards smashed and the side is then smashed. We were beaten in a lot of games this year byt big margins but they will look close games if we lose Armo. Can the club afford not win a game and be smashed every week. Can the young forwards afford to hardly get a kick and lose confidence. Can the club afford to lose even more members and maybe sponsors.

I don't have an answer but it isn't as simple as yes because of those reasons. Still doubt 11 is anywhere on the table so case closed.
look i think its pretty obvious its not happening but theres something in your post that has me thinking ... you say if we traded out Armo we would get killed each week and lose members/sponsors blah blah the sky is falling ...

i agree Armo is important but i think you may be over stating his importance just a tad ... he is a strong leader and a very good player but he is no Roo when it comes to the clubs marketability to both members and sponsors .. in the end we will prob only win 3 games tops next year thats with or without armo so if a club is going to be crazy to offer a first round pick for him we would take it every day of the week if it was a pick in the 20's then no deal as there is no point trading him for a fair trade but if we are getting over the top overs for him we would be mad not to take it ..

Anyone can get injured but not everyone is deliberately traded. And I was talking about losing members and sponsors not because we got rid of Armo, I was saying it because without both Lenny and Armo I would suggest we wouldn't win a game next season and the thrashings would make this years results look close. I didn't rule it out apart from the fact it isn't happening, I was just pointing out sometimes its not just about getting great picks.
Last edited by plugger66 on Mon 06 Oct 2014 8:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

crippsy
Club Player

Interesting how other clubs and other clubs fans rate armo and saints supporters dont.

Richmond would be getting a steal No Deal. ..

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

crippsy wrote:Interesting how other clubs and other clubs fans rate armo and saints supporters dont.

Richmond would be getting a steal No Deal. ..

they are now aiming for a non injected bomber.. Winderlich

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
lefty
Club Player

Armo is our grunt, and is a WAYYYY better kick than Jack Steven. I don't think I'd trade him out, we need guys like him, you need the grunt.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

If in the unlikely event that pick 11 was actually on offer for Armo, I'd say it would come down to two things -

If Armo wanted to go to Richmond and there was nothing the club could say to change his mind, pick 11 is more than fair compensation.

If Armo wants to stay, then it's no deal. He's a required player and our midfield needs at least one tough, hard nut who can win the footy.

Bad management is bad management
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

Anyone can get injured but not everyone is deliberately traded. And I was talking about losing members and sponsors not because we got rid of Armo, I was saying it because without both Lenny and Armo I would suggest we wouldn't win a game next season and the thrashings would make this years results look close. I didn't rule it out apart from the fact it isn't happening, I was just pointing out sometimes its not just about getting great picks.
thats correct anyone can get injured and as it stands next year with or without armo we will struggle to win a game - with or without Armo we are going to have some ugly ugly losses - Armo is a good player no doubt but he is not the differance between a 100 loss and a 30 point loss against a red hot Hawthorn... if the deal is heavily in our favour then we gotta take it if its only a fair trade then no its worth more to us to keep him ..

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I'm already concerned about the amount of concussions that Dunstan had in his first year. I think he had 3 didn't he? Dangerous for a first year player in terms of his longevity.

So we need a guy like Armo to do the heavy lifting and grunt work inside to take the heat off a guy like Dunstan.

Having said that, pick 11 is some serious bait! I'd doubt it's true.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we have to draw a line at some point. Yes everyone's tradeable, but at the right price. For mine the right price would be Armo for Ollie Wines, or even Armo for Redden. Not Armo for a pick. Even a bloody good pick.

As many have mentioned - no point stockpiling a team full of promising youngsters if you have no-one to guide that ship. The best youngsters generally develop to their max potential if they have a competitive team around them with some good hard senior heads. I was concerned about Billings this year and the hit on his confidence some of the thumpings seemed to take. Melbourne are a classic example of a team who threw the baby out with the bath water and are still floundering 5 years on. Please don't let that be us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

thats correct anyone can get injured and as it stands next year with or without armo we will struggle to win a game - with or without Armo we are going to have some ugly ugly losses - Armo is a good player no doubt but he is not the differance between a 100 loss and a 30 point loss against a red hot Hawthorn... if the deal is heavily in our favour then we gotta take it if its only a fair trade then no its worth more to us to keep him ..

Well if that's the case why not get rid of jack as well. Would probably get a top 8 pick.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

look Jack would be worth a first round pick in a fair trade and as i said when trading your best players you dont want fair you want overs so yeah if we got offered pick 2 for Jack then i would take it if it was pick 17 then no you wouldnt take it ..

this whole Trade/Draft period we are not looking at how its going to impact the results of 2015 we are bigger picture thinking.. this year has shown we are the worst team in the comp and its fair to say even if everything stayed the same we would still be the worst team in the comp so if we weaken our already weak side for next year for a potential gun for 2017/18 so be it ... we are at the very back it makes little difference if we come last by % or if we come last by a couple of games and % we still come last next year but entering season 2018 with a blue chip team of great players no one will give a second though to the 100 point losses of 2014 and 2015 ...