how does that sub help lee or st kilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: how does that sub help lee or st kilda

plugger66 wrote:
8856brother wrote:Plugger wouldn't get a touch in our forward line atm. Hope the coach has a good reason. Every media outlet is dumbfounded, as am I.

You have no idea about my footy ability so keep your thoughts to yourself.
I saw the real plugger play.
10 forward entries, 10 goals and a few opposition players on their way to hospital.
The greatest player in my lifetime and I have grey hair and a grey beard.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintkid
Club Player

stinger wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Because he can't play AFL standard footy
Unfortunately you are correct.
Not a good day. I personally don't want to attack Lee even though I agree he is far from AFL standard. I want to have a go at whoever made the call to trade a first round draft pick for this guy. FFS these picks are all we really have to give us some decent hope for the future and we need to treat them like a bloody first division tatts win. If Pelchin made the call on him, then it proves to me he has no damn footy smarts on what to look for in a player. I have no faith in whoever we have employed as our talent scout as this trade was and is laughable.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
stinger wrote:
Not a good day. I personally don't want to attack Lee even though I agree he is far from AFL standard. I want to have a go at whoever made the call to trade a first round draft pick for this guy. FFS these picks are all we really have to give us some decent hope for the future and we need to treat them like a bloody first division tatts win. If Pelchin made the call on him, then it proves to me he has no damn footy smarts on what to look for in a player. I have no faith in whoever we have employed as our talent scout as this trade was and is laughable.
Easy to say, but unfortunately you can't get them right every time… no club does, none.
We have added some good talent in the past 3 years, we will also find that some of the guys we have taken a punt on aren't up to it, hence why we have turned some of these lower picks into 2 or 3 players.

ace
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
stinger wrote:
I think the call on this one was Watters ever his name was.
At the end of 2012, this was not a draft pick but a trade.
We gave up pick 12 and got Tom Lee along with pick 25 (Spencer White) and 43 (Josh Saunders) in return.
Lee had just starred in the WAFL grand final and had previously played under Watters ever his name was.
Similarly we traded pick 47 for Trent Dennis-Lane another favourite of Watters ever his name was.

Pelchin had no say in picking Watters ever his name was.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintkid
Club Player

I understand guys about the risk and possible heavy involvement of Watters but when it comes to a 23 year old as opposed to a raw talented 17 or 18 year old, the risk of getting a player not good enough should have been less through better evaluation processes. He needed to show more from day 1 at his age particularly for a pick 12. I find it hard to believe the correct level of due diligence was done on Lee at his stage of development and age.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

So pick 12 landed us two forwards who haven't shown much (lee) and nothing (white) as well Saunders

#1 Ryder fan
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

If only spencer would even provide a glimmer...

#1 Ryder fan
stinger
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:If only spencer would even provide a glimmer...

he will mate.... he will

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
PurpleHayes
Club Player

Some very ill informed supporters on here who still don't understand that we didn't give up pick 12 in the '12 draft for Tom Lee alone, but for Lee and a 2nd and 3rd round draft pick.

GWS were never going to use more than 3 picks in the draft. Smart recruiting to capitalize on that by getting their 2nd/3rd round picks, whilst bearing in mind the most important factor in that draft - after the top 7/8 picks the talent really evened out for the next 10-15 picks. Hence there was little difference in having pick 12-25 in that particular draft.

Before people shoot from the hip - who did GWS take with pick 12?
Kristian Jaksch. Gee we really missed out on a gun there - he's played 4 games in 2 seasons and kicked 1 goal.
Conversely Lee has played 12 (17 goals) and Saunders has played 20 (7 goals), White is yet to debut, but he was a speculative pick regardless.

Really annoys me because the same supporters that bag the club for the tom Lee trade would be the same ones that would bag the club for taking Jaksch at 12 had we just used that draft pick.

Who would the supporters prefer at FF?
Maister - everyone wants to delist him anyway as he's too old.
Stanley - everyone wants to trade him now.
You can't win on this forum.

I'm prepared to back Lee in for the time being.
And I'll back that Richo would have had a good reason to sub him off today, which appeared that we needed more midfield speed hence he brought on Jones.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:I understand guys about the risk and possible heavy involvement of Watters but when it comes to a 23 year old as opposed to a raw talented 17 or 18 year old, the risk of getting a player not good enough should have been less through better evaluation processes. He needed to show more from day 1 at his age particularly for a pick 12. I find it hard to believe the correct level of due diligence was done on Lee at his stage of development and age.
You could well be right… for our sanity, it's probably worth looking at those picks a little more broadly…

Without starting another stoush with stinger…
For picks
12, 13, 37, 57 and cripps
We ended up with Lee, Hickey, Wright, White, Murdoch, Saunders

Still early days, but at the very least I think Hickey, Wright & Saunders are looking solid from that drafting period…

White, Lee & Murdoch aren't done yet either IMO.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

he will mate.... he will

Well, he wants to get a giddy up then. He has done even less than Lee so far. He has been in the Sandringham reserves all season hasn't he? The recruiting of Lee and White has raised a lot of serious questions as to whether the club has the right people making these decisions.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

stinger wrote:
he will mate.... he will
Plus one!

Caveat: Saintas', please don't be tempted to play Spenc-aarrrrh, Holmes or Lou P till they are ready to at least be able to hold their own.

We (seem to) have seen today what happens when you play a bloke before his body is ready.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
FQF
SS Life Member

I'm not writing off White, but everyone must be in agreement that he is further behind then we realistically expected he would be at this stage. He is playing in the Sandy reserves, and not dominating let alone standing out.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

What is going on why are so many players badly out of form?

I wasnt a Watters fan but his results were exemplorary compared to what the team have served up under Richardson? At the moment Richo's is making Watters look like a mesiah !
Last edited by WinnersOnly on Sun 15 Jun 2014 10:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

exactly

not sure what else we need to discuss

lee is not afl standard

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Very interesting that for the most part, we the fans on SS have been most critical of the teams midfield this season yet the coaching staff have been harshest on the forwards...
Siposs
Lee (assuming he gets dropped)
Dunnell

All seem to get one game at a time

Maister seemingly banished not to return

Doesn't seem right to me.

Can someone pls answer this question for me (didn't see the game)... Assuming Lee was subbed for form... What did he do or not do in the teams 90pt belting that others on the day did/didn't?
Sounds like he was well beaten but hardly alone in that category... Was ok'ish last week in a team that really doesn't do the forwards many favours

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Very interesting that for the most part, we the fans on SS have been most critical of the teams midfield this season yet the coaching staff have been harshest on the forwards...
Siposs
Dunnell

Can someone pls answer this question for me (didn't see the game)... Assuming Lee was subbed for form... What did he do or not do in the teams 90pt belting that others on the day did/didn't?
Sounds like he was well beaten but hardly alone in that category... Was ok'ish last week in a team that really doesn't do the forwards many favours

He was terrible today. His defensive efforts are very poor and offensively he didnt get the ball. he is very slow.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
8856brother wrote:Plugger wouldn't get a touch in our forward line atm. Hope the coach has a good reason. Every media outlet is dumbfounded, as am I.

You have no idea about my footy ability so keep your thoughts to yourself.
I saw the real plugger play.
10 forward entries, 10 goals and a few opposition players on their way to hospital.
The greatest player in my lifetime and I have grey hair and a grey beard.
i used to love it how he would say to the fullback....you try and scag me and i will kill you...he meant it too.......nearly killed that halfwit fullback from the roos ....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Very interesting that for the most part, we the fans on SS have been most critical of the teams midfield this season yet the coaching staff have been harshest on the forwards...
Siposs
Dunnell

had two touches to half time...wasn't marking the ball...wouldn't or couldn't chase to save his life...slower than my mother in law...and she's 84......

andrewg
Club Player

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
cannavaro17 wrote:Wtf
he's done nothing i would rather have Holmes playing at this stage. our mids suck kicking sucks... whole thing is a rabble get Holmes in better experience builder for him then Tommy atm.
Holmes was amazing yesterday for Sandi, smashed Hudson in the ruck! Could play this year!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Siposs
Dunnell

had two touches to half time...wasn't marking the ball...wouldn't or couldn't chase to save his life...slower than my mother in law...and she's 84......
You same age as your mother in law?

Interesting.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.