Jamie Cripps

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jamie Cripps

tony74 wrote:Absolutely HATED being in Melbourne. Wouldn't have given it a shot for any team based here.
He's a firkin wimp. Don't need sheet guys like him at the Saints. Glad he peed off.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

That's because the other 2 are not GOP

They are very good AFL footballers

Hence the 200 game careers in strong teams

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It's odd that you don't get the question as it was pretty straight forward and you seemed to answer it w/o too much difficulty but I'll explain anyway.

You said Cripps was a GOP... you also said that Blake and Ray were examples of GOPs too. Not everyone reaches the standard of GOP and you believe Cripps has. I respect that. I simply wanted to know how Cripps compared to the others you mentioned.

Follow up question... was Raph Clarke a GOP? How would you rank Raph Clarke and Cripps?

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

guys whoi cares he's gone... guys doing well at eagles good luck to him... he's GONE move on

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:It's odd that you don't get the question as it was pretty straight forward and you seemed to answer it w/o too much difficulty but I'll explain anyway.

You said Cripps was a GOP... you also said that Blake and Ray were examples of GOPs too. Not everyone reaches the standard of GOP and you believe Cripps has. I respect that. I simply wanted to know how Cripps compared to the others you mentioned.

Follow up question... was Raph Clarke a GOP? How would you rank Raph Clarke and Cripps?

I think Raph was a GOP and I think he is ahead of Cripps at the moment. Cripps is still playing so who ends up in front is anyones guess.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

So all four of Cripps, Ray, Blake and Clarke are in the same category as GOPs but at obviously at different standards under that title. And Cripps obviously could potentially move up or down as his career is still developing

Interesting POV.

Thanks plugger

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:So all four of Cripps, Ray, Blake and Clarke are in the same category as GOPs but at obviously at different standards under that title. And Cripps obviously could potentially move up or down as his career is still developing

Interesting POV.

Thanks plugger

Yep thats how i see it. Its like Champions. I would have Plugger clearly ahead of any other saint i have seen play but I would still say 3 or 4 others are champions.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Raph Clarke was an elite talent. He was effected by injury and the confidence demons.

He would be a bit flat about his career, as in 2005 he was flying and again late 2008

I saw Raph dominate a half of a VFL game in a Similar vein to what Luke Hodge does at AFL level

15-18 marks and looked 2 levels above
He just didn't transition for various reason to reach his potential at AFL level

McQualter was a GOP, a battler, Geary is too

Blake and Ray were rated top ten players at periods

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Raph Clarke was an elite talent. He was effected by injury and the confidence demons.

He would be a bit flat about his career, as in 2005 he was flying and again late 2008

I saw Raph dominate a half of a VFL game in a Similar vein to what Luke Hodge does at AFL level

15-18 marks and looked 2 levels above
He just didn't transition for various reason to reach his potential at AFL level

McQualter was a GOP, a battler, Geary is too

Blake and Ray were rated top ten players at periods

That is your opinion and I have mine. I wont bother telling you that opinion is wrong because it isnt. Its an opinion that I dont share. Each to their own.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

So now after 15 years of reading forums saying Blake was only a GoP, he is suddenly above that?

I really dont understand how fickle some football supporters are.

I admit that Blake was a very good utility, playing back, forward, in the ruck and had a huge tank. Saw him give Goodes a bath in a final in 2004.

But was only ever a GoP as his one Brownlow vote in over 200 games would attest.

BTW being a GOP is no insult. Every team has about 6 GoP's.

It is a testament to Blake and his professionalism, courage, and will that he got over 200 games from his fairly limited ability (in an AFL level ability sense).

You are garbage - Enough said
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:So now after 15 years of reading forums saying Blake was only a GoP, he is suddenly above that?

But was only ever a GoP as his one Brownlow vote in over 200 games would attest.
3 votes.

Gotta love the Blake.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Blake was better than a GOP

Mmm reading forums 15 years... This one for a while too it seems, just by your very familiar style...

I reckon it's pretty obvious. Good to have you back!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Blake was better than a GOP

Mmm reading forums 15 years... This one for a while too it seems, just by your very familiar style...

Has he ever denied he is JB?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hasn't he? Are you sure?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Blake was better than a GOP

Has he ever denied he is JB?

Joffaboy doesn't post on SS anymore, you can find that nic over at Bigfooty.

My nic is Bunk_Moreland. What it has to Blake and him being labelled a GOP since he started is anyones guess.

And my opinion Blake was not better than a GOP. So that is my and many others opinion or are you, BM, the only one who is allowed to have an opinion?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Hasn't he? Are you sure?

Am i sure about what? I asked a question.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

About Blake being a GOP, because thats what the topic of this thread has been.

Or are you suggesting that BM is taking the thread totally off topic and baiting?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Or are you suggesting that BM is taking the thread totally off topic and baiting?

Well im confused because he makes staements with question marks and asks questions with question marks even though I asked him a question. Its all a bit confusing?

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well im confused because he makes staements with question marks and asks questions with question marks even though I asked him a question. Its all a bit confusing?
Yes it is, especially when he is calling me Joffa when this nic is Bunk_Moreland. Unless of course BM thinks everyone in the real world goes by an avatar and nic. BigMart I am sure is not his real name, maybe it is. Bunk_Moreland is not my real name. Is yours Plugger66?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes it is, especially when he is calling me Joffa when this nic is Bunk_Moreland. Unless of course BM thinks everyone in the real world goes by an avatar and nic. BigMart I am sure is not his real name, maybe it is. Bunk_Moreland is not my real name. Is yours Plugger66?

It actually is. After 40000 posts your name automactically gets changed to you nic.

jamesmc
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Trevor Barker was the best player in sides... That were terrible... That's actually difficult and very different. He also played for Vic and would have been an automatic in 11 other teams - agreed.

Jamie Cripps is a bottom 4 player in a bottom four team, and largely gets a game because of fwds injured. He would not get a game at many other clubs... Except probably stk ATM because

It's pretty simple... Your argument is a bit silly. You use of Barker hilarious. Perhaps use a fringe 81-87 Saint as your example. Or a player just getting a game now?

Let's be honest, the only reason you staunchly defend him, is because I announced on the forum that I saw him Pull Out of a contest on two separate occasions... Right in front of me. He is (in relative terms) a forward running soft footballer.

You have your opinion, you think he is a player....

I think he is just a player?

Do you fully understand the 2010 draft process?
Correct me if i'm wrong but back in the day of TB playing for Victoria, didn't at least one player from each club have to be picked in the squad.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It is very confusing,

Why did JB run away. When he did not really want to?