Honeymoon over, AR.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Honeymoon over, AR.

Dr Spaceman wrote:Mr. Desperate to be unpopular above all else?
Another superb, in depth response. As long as you feel liked, you'll be ok.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I don't think ray is a clogger. Ray is a good footballer

#1 Ryder fan
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Have we found our new P66 versus BM replacement? :D

Furphy
Club Player

Yep, another five year plan :(

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:I don't think ray is a clogger. Ray is a good footballer
Ray is a tough one, MC Gusto. His output in terms of possessions is good and he does run hard, but the value of his disposal is questionable. So often he undoes his good work with a poor decision or disposal. I'm the first to agree we need our share of veterans in the team, but I think we would be well enough served through playing Roo, Joey, Lenny, Schneider, Dempster, Fisher and Gilbert (when fit). They are all quality players who still have good footy left in them.

I just can 't see Farren improving and I think we will get longer term value from playing the likes of Acres, Markworth, Murdoch, Siposs et. al. We are, after all, in a three to four year rebuild. If we're going to experiment, it may as we'll be now.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Twitter-AR said "We learnt from the Crows loss"
No they didn't.
If they HAD, they would have actually put PRESSURE on the dorks instead of letting them do circle work.
Against the Crows, Saints were witches hats. Yesterday, even better.
Is that called learning?
Red Dwarf fans- Arnold Rimmer failed his astronavigation exam countless times.
Did he learn from each failure?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
suss
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Have we found our new P66 versus BM replacement? :D
They have a looooong way to go.

I have found the general atmosphere on the forum much improved since a few agitators were banished to BF.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Twitter-AR said "We learnt from the Crows loss"
No they didn't.
If they HAD, they would have actually put PRESSURE on the dorks instead of letting them do circle work.
Against the Crows, Saints were witches hats. Yesterday, even better.
Is that called learning?
Red Dwarf fans- Arnold Rimmer failed his astronavigation exam countless times.
Did he learn from each failure?
I think one of the false sense of security us fans and the media (and maybe the coaches) fell into was based on us doing ok against the Eagles.

Everyone over-rated the Eagles so a close loss to them in Perth made us feel good about ourselves.

Reality is the Eagles are shizen. They are heading for bottom half finish as well.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
ShanghaiSaint wrote:Here here WW
If you're going to be a smartarse, ShanghaiSaint, it is advisable that you can spell, or get your terms right. I believe the correct term is, "hear, hear". Must try harder.
lol.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:
If you're going to be a smartarse, ShanghaiSaint, it is advisable that you can spell, or get your terms right. I believe the correct term is, "hear, hear". Must try harder.

i was agreeing with your post you flog
.... the old spelling attack... my god

for the record... i have a year 10 education...no VCE no degree i can't spell, i have owned my own company since 2011 after 4 years working in finance starting as a customer service and working up to a sales trader in some of the better Foreign exchange / Derivative companies in Melb/Europe. Beating guys with degrees to promotions. (that could spell)

So my point high education and spelling anit the be all end all. 'hear hear' i will remember that for next time.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Is it "hear, hear"or "here, here"? Have never worked that one out. I once heard it can be either of the two. But perhaps that tipbit of information was incorrect.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

A loss like that is due to a total player shut down...there is something seriously wrong with the psyche of a club to capilulate like that. I thought AR would be the answer but some of the set ups across the midfield, forward and defensive lines are very poor!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

for the record... i have a year 10 education...no VCE no degree i can't spell, i have owned my own company since 2011 after 4 years working in finance starting as a customer service and working up to a sales trader in some of the better Foreign exchange / Derivative companies in Melb/Europe. Beating guys with degrees to promotions. (that could spell)

So my point high education and spelling anit the be all end all. 'hear hear' i will remember that for next time.
Settle ShanghaiSaint. I didn't mean to cause grave offence. It's all a bit of fun. I apologise. I realise, given your background and experiences that I may have struck a raw nerve. Nothing to be embarrassed about. For the record, i know lots of people who have tertiary qualifications and they struggle to chew gum and fart at the same time. I too, was trying to be a smartarse. Looks like I failed. Maybe I'll have to try harder next time. :D

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:A loss like that is due to a total player shut down...there is something seriously wrong with the psyche of a club to capilulate like that. I thought AR would be the answer but some of the set ups across the midfield, forward and defensive lines are very poor!
Surely you're not calling for the coaches head. I mean failure is much easier to predict than success so surely you gotta hold you powder for at least another loss or two.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:
ShanghaiSaint wrote:
White Winmar wrote:

Settle ShanghaiSaint. I didn't mean to cause grave offence. It's all a bit of fun. I apologise. I realise, given your background and experiences that I may have struck a raw nerve. Nothing to be embarrassed about. For the record, i know lots of people who have tertiary qualifications and they struggle to chew gum and fart at the same time. I too, was trying to be a smartarse. Looks like I failed. Maybe I'll have to try harder next time. :D
no worries WW i took it the wrong way..... no offense taken, all good champ.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
twirlyhair
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:Is it "hear, hear"or "here, here"? Have never worked that one out. I once heard it can be either of the two. But perhaps that tipbit of information was incorrect.
"Hear him! Hear him!" was referred to in Debates in Parliament in 1688, and from the context it's clear it was a commonly heard phrase at the time.