Rhys' best game for the club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Re: Rhys' best game for the club

Persevering with him is showing good results. His time on the backline was a total mis-match and confidence destroyer. Let's hope that he continues on his rising trajectory - very promising.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Persevering with him is showing good results. His time on the backline was a total mis-match and confidence destroyer. Let's hope that he continues on his rising trajectory - very promising.
The thing i am liking most about this year is he finding his own mojo. Hes not trying to be something or someone hes not ( this wasnt his fault in the past - more about coaches/fans trying to mould him in to something he wasnt) . Hes now making the leads and running patterns that suit him. He has really tailored that long lead to the wing and made it his trademark. I like it because he discovering what works for him and finding his own style of play. Its a good thing to see a bloke develop his own way of doing things. So good on him and good on the coaching staff for this. Making someone the next so and so or the next this or that hardly ever works. he just needs to be himself and find what works for him. And this seems to be happening.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:Persevering with him is showing good results. His time on the backline was a total mis-match and confidence destroyer. Let's hope that he continues on his rising trajectory - very promising.
The thing i am liking most about this year is he finding his own mojo. Hes not trying to be something or someone hes not ( this wasnt his fault in the past - more about coaches/fans trying to mould him in to something he wasnt) . Hes now making the leads and running patterns that suit him. He has really tailored that long lead to the wing and made it his trademark. I like it because he discovering what works for him and finding his own style of play. Its a good thing to see a bloke develop his own way of doing things. So good on him and good on the coaching staff for this. Making someone the next so and so or the next this or that hardly ever works. he just needs to be himself and find what works for him. And this seems to be happening.
I agree. I'm not sure the club or even Rhys himself knew how to get the most out of his talents. Not sure if it's the coaches or Rhys who has figured out what works but he is looking more involved this year.
Being able to string together a few games has probably helped as well.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
derby Street
Club Player

Did some really good things in NZL - admit he was quiet in the first half but he certainly had plenty of friends. Not sure if the TV showed it but he had a couple of special moments - one a full chase 1/2 the length of the ground and another long run from between centre / CHF to F/P that resulted in a goal. His last quarter nearly helped get us over the line.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Everyone agreed with his move to defence... When he played one game there it was hailed a success (albeit loose man)

He has been very good in the last two weeks

Playing his obvious role... Alternate tall fwd and second ruck
well not everyone as you and I both posted at the time that he was more of a forward. ....and that down back was more of a circumstances move given our lack of height.

He is quick...but not in the first 20 that a back needs... plus lack the body on body strength.

Forward ruck is the position that suits him best.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....