Champion coach

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Champion coach

thejiggingsaint wrote:fair comment (IMHO) JB. Time to move on. Ross Lyon gave us a period of very successful (home and away) football, but was found wanting in successive Grand Finals, I don't have any bitterness toward him for that. Apart from the replay in 2010, the games could have gone either way. I was disappointed in the manner in which he left the club, but no use in crying about it three years after the fact. Alastair Clarkson may well be a "great bloke" (or a complete knobhead) he does not receive his salary for being a good bloke, but a good coach, and (IMHO) history has shown the answer to the question, of who (between him and Lyon) is the better coach. I (for what it's worth) think that we blundered in employing Watters (hindsight is a WONDERFUL thing is it not? :roll: ) now that we have Alan Richardson as senior coach, I believe quite frankly that discussions about previous coaches serve no useful purpose at all (other than in providing an interesting hypothetical debate)

GO SAINTS!
(To hell with the rest!)

Great post. Cuts through the BS

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)