Good news re Rd 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Good news re Rd 1

Con Gorozidis wrote:People will go nuts on me but I think we actually need to finish below Melbourne.

They already have Viney, Hogan,Tyson, Toumpas, Kelly on their books. They dont deserve another number 1 pick.
So I hope we beat them by 10 goals in rd 1 but still somehow finish below them at years end (conflicting as that is).
I actually think if you have a pick in the top 7 you have a pretty solid chance of getting a gun.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I think you will get your wish. However I hope we thrash the legs of them round 1. I still remember the semi final hiding in 98 and the Elim final shock of 2006, and I hold grudges.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:People will go nuts on me but I think we actually need to finish below Melbourne.

They already have Viney, Hogan,Tyson, Toumpas, Kelly on their books. They dont deserve another number 1 pick.
So I hope we beat them by 10 goals in rd 1 but still somehow finish below them at years end (conflicting as that is).
I know it's not just you Con but I really struggle to understand supporters wanting us to lose games or finish below someone under any circumstance.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Moods
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:

I know it's not just you Con but I really struggle to understand supporters wanting us to lose games or finish below someone under any circumstance.

I agree with Kosifantutti. Why bother going to a game if you want your team to lose? I hope we finish between 10th and 14th (hope being the operative word) because that will mean that our kids have stepped up, and our future may be able to be fast tracked. I honestly don't see anything special in most of our kids as yet, but who knows? We win 7-8 games it means we will get better in the next few years quicker than I thought. Every game I attend I want us to win. Every game I watch on TV I want us to win (including practice matches)

The consolation prize for being crap is the #1 draft pick. I don't want us to be crap, and I don't want to add to add to our inglorious record of winning another wooden spoon.