Roo Bags Seaford

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Roo Bags Seaford

BigMart wrote:My point proven... Pretentious knobs, full of judgment because they live near some tall buildings in old dog boxes...

I live down here, could live closer to that aesthetically beautiful (cough, cough) city but would rather a 800sq block a minute from the beach without spening Millions. I have neighbours who are not serial killers, in fact most own boats as big as city dwellers houses... Not that having a bob or two means a great deal, but pretending a better class of citizen lives north of Moorabbin is a bit rich....

Compared to Sydney, Pert, Hobart and Adelaide.... Melbourne inner City is neither beautiful or value for money imo

Is it a coincidence that everyone 'for' Seaford is from that way?

I'm a latte sipping wanker - and I love it.

Funny how everyone for the decision never bring up membership numbers, crowd attendance, merchandise sales or sponsorship... Every indicator is down... And although that is correlated to on field performance - I see absolutely no quantitative benefit since the move other than good facilities. And that might be enough - but I'm no sold on this strategy of targeting these areas.

Maybe our attendances are down because we are pouring investment into an area too far to attend the footy on a regular basis.. Which is in the CBD?

We ain't moving anytime soon, which is what it is - but I'm not going to defend something for the sake of it.

Anyways send me your email or something and I'll flick you a picture of me enjoying my latte on Monday morning... And enjoying a drink on a rooftop establishment on Friday. For some reason they located my work centrally... Who came up with that idea I would never know...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I don't think it's about seaford at all spinner.

We are poor at PR, very poor.

Flow on effect is massive, fans, sponsors, corporates.

We need to grow our base or we will become irrelevant.

09/10 only produced 40K if we're beng realistic, and that was when we were still at our home ground and strong onfield.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
BigMart wrote:My point proven... Pretentious knobs, full of judgment because they live near some tall buildings in old dog boxes...

I live down here, could live closer to that aesthetically beautiful (cough, cough) city but would rather a 800sq block a minute from the beach without spening Millions. I have neighbours who are not serial killers, in fact most own boats as big as city dwellers houses... Not that having a bob or two means a great deal, but pretending a better class of citizen lives north of Moorabbin is a bit rich....

Compared to Sydney, Pert, Hobart and Adelaide.... Melbourne inner City is neither beautiful or value for money imo

Funny how everyone for the decision never bring up membership numbers, crowd attendance, merchandise sales or sponsorship... Every indicator is down... And although that is correlated to on field performance - I see absolutely no quantitative benefit since the move other than good facilities. And that might be enough - but I'm no sold on this strategy of targeting these areas.

Maybe our attendances are down because we are pouring investment into an area too far to attend the footy on a regular basis.. Which is in the CBD?

We ain't moving anytime soon, which is what it is - but I'm not going to defend something for the sake of it.

Anyways send me your email or something and I'll flick you a picture of me enjoying my latte on Monday morning... And enjoying a drink on a rooftop establishment on Friday. For some reason they located my work centrally... Who came up with that idea I would never know...

I know it was hot but if you ever attended any praccy or training at moorabin the crowds were huge. Last one I went to I paid a guy $10 to park in his front yard about a kilometre from the ground. Moorabin is at least half way for us wankers and you serial killers out on the peninsula.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

What's a Latte drinking wanker anyway? Lattes have been mainstream for as long as I can remember.

What do you drink BM? Instant?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
BigMart wrote:Been in the rooms at Moorabbin

Walked through LHC today

I would rather Travel half an hour and train in good facilities, than live near a sh*thole workplace! Moorabbin is a dump, and the facilities for a professional organisation were a joke!!

If I were a saints player, I'd go the other way and live from Mornington to Portsea somewhere.... Heaps of prime real estate which is better than the concrete jungle, full of try hard bohemian, Latte sipping wankers... Near crap beaches.

Mornington peninsula has the best bayside beaches, it has ocean beaches, quality golf courses, affordable marinas, awesome views in certain places... Better lifestyle at half the price of some overhyped crowded old intercity dumps...
Daveys Bay south of Frankston is as nice a spot as you can live... If you work bayside...
Mt Eliza, Dromana, Blairgowrie... My selections
As a try hard bohemian, latte sipping wanker i find that very offensive. I stopped in Rosebud on my way to Portsea because they didn't build a big enough highway to cope with traffic and I can honestly say the people down that way are all potential serial killers. Anyone brave enough to stop anywhere between Sorento and Mt eliza is very brave. If they could take the locals away they might want to live there.
tell us what you drink or smoke gringo, so that we can avoid it, it seems to enhance paranoia.

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:What's a Latte drinking wanker anyway? Lattes have been mainstream for as long as I can remember.

Actually I'm a short mac guy.... Stopped drinking lattes months ago.

Too much milk in a latte.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
gringo wrote:
BigMart wrote:Been in the rooms at Moorabbin

Walked through LHC today

I would rather Travel half an hour and train in good facilities, than live near a sh*thole workplace! Moorabbin is a dump, and the facilities for a professional organisation were a joke!!

If I were a saints player, I'd go the other way and live from Mornington to Portsea somewhere.... Heaps of prime real estate which is better than the concrete jungle, full of try hard bohemian, Latte sipping wankers... Near crap beaches.

Mornington peninsula has the best bayside beaches, it has ocean beaches, quality golf courses, affordable marinas, awesome views in certain places... Better lifestyle at half the price of some overhyped crowded old intercity dumps...
Daveys Bay south of Frankston is as nice a spot as you can live... If you work bayside...
Mt Eliza, Dromana, Blairgowrie... My selections
As a try hard bohemian, latte sipping wanker i find that very offensive. I stopped in Rosebud on my way to Portsea because they didn't build a big enough highway to cope with traffic and I can honestly say the people down that way are all potential serial killers. Anyone brave enough to stop anywhere between Sorento and Mt eliza is very brave. If they could take the locals away they might want to live there.
tell us what you drink or smoke gringo, so that we can avoid it, it seems to enhance paranoia.
I'm only having fun. I'm not really scared more just judgemental.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:What's a Latte drinking wanker anyway? Lattes have been mainstream for as long as I can remember.

Nescafé blend 43 8-)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

These days it has to be steam dripped single source macchiato from a free trade organic farm that supports single mother lesbians in Nicaragua or I don't drink it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Actually I'm a short mac guy.... Stopped drinking lattes months ago.

Too much milk in a latte.
I had you pegged as a soy vanilla chai...

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I go up and down Punt road a fair bit and this morning they had Collingwood the storm and Victory all training next to each other and the Storm family day. It's a promo tool for their club. Likewise the Tigers. They park their free jeeps at the carpark and you see Jack Riewoldt and co crossing Punt road while you drive past. Young impressionable kids get up close to these stars and make connections. That is stuff that can't be underestimated. Even the Hawks are promoted heavily from the SE arterial at Waverley. You drive past the Saints on the franggers fwy and it looks like a suburban junior footy club ground.

Junction oval would be amazing because already heaps of tourists that settle here get on the Saints because of St kilda being their first stop in Melbourne. If they could be promoted to and have a retail shop there, the overseas folks could by supporter apparel as souvenirs to take home.
bullsh@t.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

what was our average attendance when we were last at the junction oval Spinner?
and how exactly were our membership numbers at Moorabbin?
oh, that's right, they were about the same as they are now. we need another Lockett, or Barker or Baldock, Or Big Carl. Get another home grown star and the numbers will grow again. We have enough supporters. We just need to reinvigorate the membership. The bohos will never attend regularly. That is just a figment of your imagination.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I go up and down Punt road a fair bit and this morning they had Collingwood the storm and Victory all training next to each other and the Storm family day. .
Not sure if Victory, they had a game up in Gosford tonight. Would imagine they flew out yesterday.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:Always been a sook, not surprised at all.
Reckon he had plenty to do with Watters' sacking also.
if he had something to do with the watters sacking then I like the bloke even more and as far as a sook is concerned I'm tipping you wish you were half the man he is. :)
Spot on as usual.
I would really love to <edited by mods> and be photographed in the raw with Dawson <edited by mods>
Not to mention giving a hack like Heath Shaw his own GF Jezza moment!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
Spinner wrote:

what was our average attendance when we were last at the junction oval Spinner?
and how exactly were our membership numbers at Moorabbin?
oh, that's right, they were about the same as they are now. we need another Lockett, or Barker or Baldock, Or Big Carl. Get another home grown star and the numbers will grow again. We have enough supporters. We just need to reinvigorate the membership. The bohos will never attend regularly. That is just a figment of your imagination.

So not just recruit members from down there... You want to limit recruiting players from down there too?

That's the recipe for success! Geez this place has the answers for everything!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I don't think it's about seaford at all spinner.

We are poor at PR, very poor.

Flow on effect is massive, fans, sponsors, corporates.

We need to grow our base or we will become irrelevant.

09/10 only produced 40K if we're beng realistic, and that was when we were still at our home ground and strong onfield.

Of course it's about Seaford!
Why would any sponsor want to be associated with Franganistan?
How many members have we picked up from the peninsula? The club database can answer that, but they won't.
The players hate it! The supporters hate it! It's the worst thing the club has done in the fifty plus years I've been a member.

We'll be back at Moorabbin within the next three years!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Didn't we lose 10,000 before we moved?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nescafé

Blend 43

Is my drink... Milk first...

Btw I said Latte sipping wankers.... Not Latte drinkers? A Latte really is just a coffee machine coffee, which you can get from Maccas. Pokie Venues or 7/11s

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Nescafé

Blend 43

Is my drink... Milk first...
Knew it :)

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes Gringo, it's so entertaining in Melbourne....

I'm 40... Maybe I should by a dog box with no yard for my 2 kids for 1.5 mill so I can go clubbing, perhaps become a coward punch victim or just sit outside a shop and eat a gourmet Pizza and suck coffee at 9pm, whilst my kids are having a baby cino?
Go to the Cricket, Tennis and some footy every year.... The Train line isn't a difficult thing...

Entertainment, blah

In my early twenties I lived in Woolomolloo, coogee and then moved to Cottosloe WA.. Really,living Melbourne is about as luring as going back to Burnie... For me...

Most rich people must holiday on either peninsula to get away from all the entertainment?! It's a wonder bayside Real Estate is so sought after what Denyer did 25 years ago.... But he's no Julien Knight though, he got seven on Hoddle St didn't he?

No, definitely no nut jobs in the city?!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Buy

lefty
Club Player

Funny, OP clearly doesn't like Seaford, and has to make a post indirectly about it, gets boring over and over again.

Get over it, Morrabbin was a pile of s*** by the end of it and a pain in the ass for anyone to get to, try coming from Nunawading to get to Morrabbin. You'll get to Seaford faster and far more comfortably.

Get over it and get with the times, threads like this continually from the same posters start to get very annoying. Maybe I'll start a new thread telling how *insert name* said how wonderful Seaford is, every month or so, so we can all repeat the same s*** over and over again... meh

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Funny, OP clearly doesn't like Seaford, and has to make a post indirectly about it, gets boring over and over again.

Get over it, Morrabbin was a pile of s*** by the end of it and a pain in the ass for anyone to get to, try coming from Nunawading to get to Morrabbin. You'll get to Seaford faster and far more comfortably.

Get over it and get with the times, threads like this continually from the same posters start to get very annoying. Maybe I'll start a new thread telling how *insert name* said how wonderful Seaford is, every month or so, so we can all repeat the same s*** over and over again... meh
Moorabbin was in disrepair before we left.

Hat it been developed not Seaford is the discussion.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

"Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway..."

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I'm 40... Maybe I should by a dog box with no yard for my 2 kids for 1.5 mill so I can go clubbing, perhaps become a coward punch victim or just sit outside a shop and eat a gourmet Pizza and suck coffee at 9pm, whilst my kids are having a baby cino?
Go to the Cricket, Tennis and some footy every year.... The Train line isn't a difficult thing...
You're 40 and married with kids and you don't want to live in the city, therefore a well built 19 year old kid who wants to go out and play the field a bit shouldn't want to live in the city?

No logic there mate.