Richardson seems like the right man

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Richardson seems like the right man

stinger wrote:
skeptic wrote:
I hope he fails at Freo

me too...it's called karma....

ps..he committed everything to the here and now ...f*** the future...and when he could see none...he left for more money with not a backwards glance......as i said...s*** of a bloke....

Yep fancy doing that to a club that has won one flag in 140 years. And didnt we have people in our footy department who could see that was happening. Thats what makes me laugh when people say he was for the now and not the future. Well that was obvious in 2008 and 2009. Anyone who couldnt see that just doesnt understand footy. Cant remember to many complaining at the time though because it was worth the punt for a club like ours. And the other thing is apart from losing the Lovett pick what were the other picks that have cost us now. And didnt we get Ray, Schneider and dempster anyway. 3 regulars which is just about as many regulars we got with our pathetic drafting in that period. Id be looking at our recruiting staff in that period myself.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Yep fancy doing that to a club that has won one flag in 140 years. And didnt we have people in our footy department who could see that was happening. Thats what makes me laugh when people say he was for the now and not the future. Well that was obvious in 2008 and 2009. Anyone who couldnt see that just doesnt understand footy. Cant remember to many complaining at the time though because it was worth the punt for a club like ours. And the other thing is apart from losing the Lovett pick what were the other picks that have cost us now. And didnt we get Ray, Schneider and dempster anyway. 3 regulars which is just about as many regulars we got with our pathetic drafting in that period. Id be looking at our recruiting staff in that period myself.

Yeah I agree with that

My main criticism was that a few everything for now moves were just plain poor.

I don't really blame RL for Lovett. Whilst I think we paid overs for him, I don't think that's the coaches fault. He identifies players or types of players he wants, and whoevers in charge of the trades does the rest

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Plugger... You defended the 'pathetic recruiting dept' at the time... So you're using hindsight old pal

When someone dared to criticise them ATT you just did what you do... Remember, club knows best, have all the info? Now you concede... Brave thing to do?!

Farren, Schnieder and Dempster were traded in either 2007 or 2008 periods... Costing a second and third round picks

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Plugger... You defended the 'pathetic recruiting dept' at the time... So you're using hindsight old pal

When someone dared to criticise them ATT you just did what you do... Remember, club knows best, have all the info? Now you concede... Brave thing to do?!

Farren, Schnieder and Dempster were traded in either 2007 or 2008 periods... Costing a second and third round picks

I did not defend the recruiting. BM this is your problem. What I did say at the time of the recruiting is you cant decide if a player is any good or not because there isnt a photo. I said lets at least wait and see how the players go or if people have seen them play and at least have an idea how they go they can comment but people cant say there is no photo so they are no good. Do you get that? Surely it isnt hard to understand. And yes the club does know best. Are you saqying that the supporters know best? or what are you actually saying? By the way I may be old but I aint you pal.