Jolly!!??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jolly!!??

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:While I agree that GWS would not draft back Bruce....
plugger66 wrote:
No club has ever drafted someone back. .
Blake
Gehrig
McQualter

Guess the club?
seriously .....

blake was re-drafted back cause he was moved off the vets list
G-Train retired too early and wanted to go again
Mini was delisted so he could find a new home .. no one took him so we redrafted him due to the fact we were going to be paying him any way ....

no player has walked out on a club to be redrafted by that club
Jack Daniels
Trent Croad

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kimberly saint
Club Player

older saint wrote:Funny last year we were looking for a back up ruckman this year we trade our No.1 ruck?

Strange logic

well last couple weeks kind proved we where not looking for a back up , like sum one else said maybe the writting was on the wall for ben two years ago . Who knows

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

He will suffice as a chop out for when the kids get tired.

Welcome aboard Jolly

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
No club has ever drafted someone back. that wouldnt happen. melbourne could take him but his price maybe to much. we would just about certainly get him. Stanley just may not be good enough. i think we will find that out. ben is certainly good enough to be first ruck IMO and will end up a better than either Stanley or Hickey but again hope I am wrong. Hitouts are offically the most overated stat in footy again IMO. I actually sick of saying IMO because i think it is obvious its my opnion.
Well when you say officially, you would want to put IMO, it becomes confusing.
FWIW I don't agree, ruckman and hit outs are crucial, vg rucks make mids, IMO of course

As for drafting someone back, there's nothing to stop it happening, I don't remember anyone from the bottom team leaving and going through the PSD allowing it to happen..

gringo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:[
Jack Daniels
Trent Croad

Heath Black

gringo
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
No club has ever drafted someone back. that wouldnt happen. melbourne could take him but his price maybe to much. we would just about certainly get him. Stanley just may not be good enough. i think we will find that out. ben is certainly good enough to be first ruck IMO and will end up a better than either Stanley or Hickey but again hope I am wrong. Hitouts are offically the most overated stat in footy again IMO. I actually sick of saying IMO because i think it is obvious its my opnion.
FWIW I don't agree, ruckman and hit outs are crucial, vg rucks make mids, IMO of course

As for drafting someone back, there's nothing to stop it happening, I don't remember anyone from the bottom team leaving and going through the PSD allowing it to happen..

Agree, a good ruck makes life very easy for mids. WCEs best era they had a ruck and mid dominance, geelong rested Ottens until finals, Keating used to give brissy a forward 50 entry from his punch out of the ruck. s*** rucks are all alike but a dominant one is an incredible advantage.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote: Keating used to give brissy a forward 50 entry from his punch out of the ruck.
I remember the few times when Plugger used to go into the ruck at a centre bounce and he would absolutely smack the leather off the ball sending it at the speed of light towards tthe forward line.

Great Days!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
sainterinsydney
Club Player

Seems like Jolly deal may have been completed, but I will wait until more official sources report on it: http://www.scpaige.com.au/updated-trade ... -movement/

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

sainterinsydney wrote:Seems like Jolly deal may have been completed, but I will wait until more official sources report on it: http://www.scpaige.com.au/updated-trade ... -movement/
Yeah, that link simply states that Sunrise were running with the story this morning.

Saw the show. No real substance to it and no journo putting a name to it. Seemed to just be throwing up the usual stuff.

The deal may well get done but like you I will wait for some better confirmation than a Sydney based breakfast TV show.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

why would he want to come to a rabble like us?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:why would he want to come to a rabble like us?
Maybe they want to join The Raballion :P

starsign
Club Player

Dean Cox is a free agent
Any value He wanted to come here way back
mate of Scottie's ?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:Dean Cox is a free agent
mate of Scottie's ?
Nah.

Cox is just an old fella now :wink:

starsign
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
starsign wrote:Dean Cox is a free agent
mate of Scottie's ?
Nah.

Cox is just an old fella now :wink:
We coulda had Big Cox years ago
Perhaps as a free agent it would be a good measure to swap him with Dal

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

So according to herald sun pies lose thomas and shaw and end up with
Pick 10 11 adams and white.
Htf does that happen ?
Adams is worth a top 5 pick alone .
Pies biggest winners.
If they use 11 on dal they end up with pick 10 adams dal white.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Nothing to stop it happening but it wont happen but I suppose if you just want to prove me wrong you can say that. Got any figures at all to suggest hit outs are important. Surely if they are crucial there must be many examples of how important they are. Myth in footy IMO.

I just looked up one stat. The top 6 clubs in hit outs this year were WCE, Sydney, North, Carl, WB and melbourne. Sadly Sydney are the only team to make the 8 before Essendon were kicked out. it seems hitouts dont hel you win games. Happy for you to show other stats.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:So according to herald sun pies lose thomas and shaw and end up with
Htf does that happen ?
Pies biggest winners.

Buulshit. If Adams was worth pick 5 they wouldnt be trading him for a 28 year old with issues. Do you think people on forums are the only ones that know the value of players. Adams isnt bad but he isnt great either.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:So according to herald sun pies lose thomas and shaw and end up with
Htf does that happen ?
Pies biggest winners.
Last year they get three top 20s, this year they get 10, 11 & Adams/White. Who have they lost, Welllingham, Dawes, Thomas and Shaw.

They sure know how to go about a rebuild... I hate the filth but they seem to be winning...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Htf does that happen ?
Pies biggest winners.
Last year they get three top 20s, this year they get 10, 11 & Adams/White. Who have they lost, Welllingham, Dawes, Thomas and Shaw.

They sure know how to go about a rebuild... I hate the filth but they seem to be winning...

And thats why they would have no interest in Dal at all.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Htf does that happen ?
Pies biggest winners.

This makes me feel sick.
They are rebuilding faster than us, while still winning plenty of games.
Let's hope they pick some duds when drafting - Grundy looks a beauty though, hence us getting a washed up Jolly.
First round picks for Wellingham, Dawes, Shaw & Thomas is just criminal… but hey Luke Ball is only worth pick 30 :roll:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
St Ick wrote:
Htf does that happen ?
Pies biggest winners.

This makes me feel sick.
Let's hope they pick some duds when drafting - Grundy looks a beauty though, hence us getting a washed up Jolly.
First round picks for Wellingham, Dawes, Shaw & Thomas is just criminal… but hey Luke Ball is only worth pick 30 :roll:

Remember they have lost two of there best 5 or so players in Shaw and Thomas. Those two are the differance between the Filth being 1-4 or middle of the road.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
St Ick wrote:
Htf does that happen ?
Pies biggest winners.

This makes me feel sick.
Collingwood are still winning plenty of games because their key players are still in their prime

Looking at Collingwoods list at the time they won the Premiership in 2010 it would have been the equivalent of us winning one in 2006 - if that makes sense - unfortunately we were smashed with injuries from 2005 to 2007

Either way Collingwood won a Premiership realised that they weren't going to win another with the list they had and moved some middling fringe players on - luckily for them due to the fact they won a Premiership some clubs actually rated these middle of the road players - smart by Collingwood - that said this will probably be the norm from now on - club wins a premiership or two then cuts some players in order to keep the list refreshed and ticking over

Unfortunately for us because we didnt win a Premiership we kept some players in the hope we might still be a chance to snare one - reality is our window shut after 2011 and now as our older star players are worth less than what they were 2 years ago our rebuild is painful as is our psyche because we literally threw all our eggs in one basket and didnt come away with a flag.

Errors were made and hopefully we have learnt from these errors - time move forward and never look back.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Rookie or nothing IMO.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

I personally think Jolly for a year or two would be great... Steven King worked out well... get him in the PSD for sure.. would be great for Hickley to have Jolly guiding him.

on a personal note, i still think he's a bit of a flog.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I think we'd all rather West but Geelong will probably want a second-rounder for him.

Collingwood will give us West for nothing.

It's about comparative value. Plus, we must really value Stanley and Hickey, so getting West would mean another overloading.

Jolly and keeping our second round pick would be great.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.