Sen predicting mass exodus

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sen predicting mass exodus

I think there is 0% chance roo will leave.

but if he did and we got jeremy cameron in return ill buy 5 memberships to cover for matrix :-)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

When we got Pelchen we knew he was an unsentimental operator and he would make hard calls. Remember the Hawks culled hard- they had Vandenberg as their captain because they pretty much just kept Crawf and a couple of others. He said he had a four year plan to get them to a premiership and he created the list that would get them there. Hard to argue that he wasn't successful as he had them get a killer list.

they pretty much did a rebuild after the 2008 GF too with little drop off or fan fare. I hope he has another one in him.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I think there is 0% chance roo will leave.

but if he did and we got jeremy cameron in return ill buy 5 memberships to cover for matrix :-)

And same goes for me on any variations on that scenario if the Pelican can land Boyd or Patton
:) :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:

And same goes for me on any variations on that scenario if the Pelican can land Boyd or Patton

If we did lose Joey and Dal who the hell would kick it to these great tall forwards. I want mids. I want mids and Im going to carry on like a 5 year old if we dont get them.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

We won't get an offer like that for Roo, it just doesn't matter.
If he was 28 though, I wonder.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:We won't get an offer like that for Roo, it just doesn't matter.

If he was 28 with good knees we would get pick one but he isnt and you are right, we aint getter any offer to justify losing one of our best ever players.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:We won't get an offer like that for Roo, it just doesn't matter.

If he was 28 with good knees we would get pick one but he isnt and you are right, we aint getter any offer to justify losing one of our best ever players.
If he was 28 with good knees and we traded him, there would be a riot.

if we trade him at 30 with dodgey knees there would may not be a riot, but some pretty severe civil disturbances.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Scollop wrote:

If we did lose Joey and Dal who the hell would kick it to these great tall forwards. I want mids. I want mids and Im going to carry on like a 5 year old if we dont get them.
I think Armo, Steven, Ross, Newnes, Wright, Webster, and Curren all have upside but I agree that we desperately need 1 or 2 extra class mids.

Lee might turn out to be a 200 gamer but who else have we got right now? If a deal is done to land Patton or Buyd the club should go full steam ahead

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

With Free Agency now in and with the desire to flog off anyone over 26 years of age while they’ve still got some currency, perhaps it’s time to stop referring to new recruits as “potential 12 year players” :shock: :roll:

Now regarding the Skipper, it’s all well and good to get clinical about all of this and perhaps a young kid or a draft pick would ultimately be better than an ageing, crippled Centre half Forward.

Maybe.

But…

You simply do not trade out Nick Riewoldt. Or more correctly, you do not trade out Nick Riewoldt and expect your ever dwindling and fickle supporter base to have any faith whatsoever in how you are running the place.

You simply do not do it!!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:With Free Agency now in and with the desire to flog off anyone over 26 years of age while they’ve still got some currency, perhaps it’s time to stop referring to new recruits as “potential 12 year players” :shock: :roll:

Now regarding the Skipper, it’s all well and good to get clinical about all of this and perhaps a young kid or a draft pick would ultimately be better than an ageing, crippled Centre half Forward.

Maybe.

But…

You simply do not trade out Nick Riewoldt. Or more correctly, you do not trade out Nick Riewoldt and expect your ever dwindling and fickle supporter base to have any faith whatsoever in how you are running the place.

You simply do not do it!!!
+1

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bergsone
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Scollop wrote:

I disagree with a lot of what you say Plugger,but agree 100%,cant see the point in trading out GOOD mids who use the footy well when that has been a glaring weakness.3-4 good years still in NDS and Joey,and as they all say things can turn around quickly,just ask any Port Adelaide supporter

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Reckon joey will leave, club language is different, they "hope" he'll stay.

If he is being a sonk, let him go.

Dal WANTS to stay.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I believe nothing SEN says anymore !

So many of the broadcasters have so many conflict of interests ( but never fully disclose )

They're the male equivalent of woman's day .
Gossip gossi gossip

In red white and black from 73
dragit
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Reckon joey will leave, club language is different, they "hope" he'll stay.

If he is being a sonk, let him go.

Dal WANTS to stay.
Sooking?

Don't start just making things up... Please...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think 99% of these rumours are made up.
Noone is interested in Joey and maybe the fact he might be in an unsavoury witness box next year has something to do with that because on playing ability youd think clubs would be interested?
Maybe Fisher moving interstate would be a good outcome for all parties including him if hes fallen in with a 'bad crowd'. Someone should at least give him a fitness test/medical. Surprised Lions/GC/GWS havent been keen on him.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Sen reporting that dal gone already.
Senior players have sooked.
Montagna and Riewoldt also possibly looking to go.
Fisher forced out (would anyone take him?).
McEvoy maybe to GWS.

I take it with a grain of salt or ten.
After what Bains just stated on Trade Radio (and SEN earlier today) the idiots spouting this total BS should be made to apologise, or even fkn resign.

Trading gossip and making things up for reporting.

SEN is turning into absolute s.hit :evil: :evil:

Lance or James??

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

A very recent "Pelican Brief", post the signing of our new gangsta rapper.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/st ... 6731624696

Also a bit of twittering goin' on from some dude named Tim Rosen, who works at SEN, saying Dal's now more likely to stay. Coupla hours ago. Seems not all SEN deadheads are reading the script. Runner with Glenhuntley, this Rosen fella. Got "35" on the end of his twitter thingo. Wonder if we can him to punch Foiney?

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
saintly
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Sen reporting that dal gone already.
Senior players have sooked.
Montagna and Riewoldt also possibly looking to go.
Fisher forced out (would anyone take him?).
McEvoy maybe to GWS.

I take it with a grain of salt or ten.
After what Bains just stated on Trade Radio (and SEN earlier today) the idiots spouting this total BS should be made to apologise, or even fkn resign.

Trading gossip and making things up for reporting.

SEN is turning into absolute s.hit
:evil: :evil:

no its us believing SEN to begin with.

until today its been the saints are a rabble, but from listening to Bain, pelchin, thats not whats going on.

unfortuanlety it goiing to be like this every year at trading time. (and we now have 4 weeks of it. instead of 1 week.

Kickit
Club Player

Ah the world of SEN, that happy place where Essendon and James Hird are only guilty of a sloppy bookkeeping.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I listen to SEN every week day between 7 and 5 and never hear anything that gets posted on here bar from guests like Ralph and Denham who give about 500 trades a year and get 10 right and by the the sports reporters who just say things that are reported on all other outlets. Maybe i dont listen hard enough.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:Ah the world of SEN, that happy place where Essendon and James Hird are only guilty of a sloppy bookkeeping.
I like it.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I listen to SEN every week day between 7 and 5 and never hear anything that gets posted on here bar from guests like Ralph and Denham who give about 500 trades a year and get 10 right and by the the sports reporters who just say things that are reported on all other outlets. Maybe i dont listen hard enough.

i have it on too and I hear the reports about them in crisis and all our players leaving but i think they get them from big footy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I listen to SEN every week day between 7 and 5 and never hear anything that gets posted on here bar from guests like Ralph and Denham who give about 500 trades a year and get 10 right and by the the sports reporters who just say things that are reported on all other outlets. Maybe i dont listen hard enough.

i have it on too and I hear the reports about them in crisis and all our players leaving but i think they get them from big footy.

What presenter says that? They mention that their are rumours but so does every media outlet. Just heard it on Channel 10 as i type.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:We had a situation where we paid these top 6 players 40% of our cap. They have always been greedy spoilt s***s and now when they have to take a step backwards and they aren't having the club get on it's knees for them they want out. They should all f%$# off as far as I'm concerned.

If it wasn't for Roo, Goddard, Dal etc. they could have got some extra talent in and won us a premiership. I remember they didn't want Zac to go but the only way to keep him was to have our stars take a pay cut. Whoops he went. Goddard couldn't stay because he needed an extra $400 000 even though he wasn't playing that well at the time. But he bleeds St Kilda? Lynch might have been able to be tempted to stay if we said look we see a place in the next couple of years here is $100000 to stay front ended for now and he might have still been here.

I think we should just let them go and get the trades going don't let these whiney bitches hold our club to ransom any more. Handle them like Richmond handled Dusty. Fisher might just be retired because of his own stupidity. Lenny looks like he's staying but the rest can piss off.
i have a friend who is in pretty deep with the filth.....he had their last cup on his mantlepiece for a time.....anyway...knows ball...said that you can blame roo for ball leaving.....said the saints wanted him to take a pay cut so that they could pay roo more.......also that ball and roo haven't spoken to each other since ball left......so there may be more than a tad of truth in what you are saying.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Ball's a real straight shooter. A lot of the current crop are party boys and it's only now the media are getting a hold of the info.