Nettlefold Quits

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Nettlefold Quits

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Deep...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Surely we cast the net wider than just Dillon?

His results at Gawks were good but really little highlights outside that - he was purelyFinance Manager at Pies, worked as a finance guy at a funeral parlour before that and has a Deakin MBA...so?

This position is vital to the club....hope net gets cast wider..

“Yeah….nah””
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:Is Foiney on tonight? He might have some insights...

wen t out for dinner - did he say anything?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

I listened to the first hour or so, and he didn't say anything. He was too busy trying to be a comedian. And a poor one at that.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

The Saints are expected to post a significant loss this year after making an operating profit of $630,000 last year following a loss of $1.5million in 2011.
New president Peter Summers said Nettlefold, who moved into the role of CEO after being a board member for five years, had not been pushed into resigning. "I can absolutely guarantee you the call came from Michael," Summers said.
‘‘He raised the idea with me several weeks ago. We have been going through reviews of the club, some are normal, some are a bit more [pointed] given we are a club in transition, and as part of that he said, 'I am considering where I am at'
."
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2uj1o.html

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:I listened to the first hour or so, and he didn't say anything. He was too busy trying to be a comedian. And a poor one at that.
Just have to listen to him murder English for a laugh

“Yeah….nah””
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:
Verdun66 wrote:I listened to the first hour or so, and he didn't say anything. He was too busy trying to be a comedian. And a poor one at that.
Just have to listen to him murder English for a laugh
He is hard work, but not as bad as that Andrew Maher bloke. He's a shocker. His voice is like running chalk awkwardly down a blackboard for me.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
The Saints are expected to post a significant loss this year after making an operating profit of $630,000 last year following a loss of $1.5million in 2011.
New president Peter Summers said Nettlefold, who moved into the role of CEO after being a board member for five years, had not been pushed into resigning. "I can absolutely guarantee you the call came from Michael," Summers said.
‘‘He raised the idea with me several weeks ago. We have been going through reviews of the club, some are normal, some are a bit more [pointed] given we are a club in transition, and as part of that he said, 'I am considering where I am at'
."
So he wasn't pushed but doesn't have a job lined up.

What ya reckon bratty? :lol:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
."

what I reckon is that al lot of the time the Truth is what it actually is and not a hidden message
at some point you need to believe what people say...

with the saints- if the journo's don't doubt it then supporters will ...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

In that article the two things that stood out for me were;

"The Saints are expected to post a significant loss this year after making an operating profit of $630,000 last year following a loss of $1.5million in 2011."

"The club remains in a difficult financial situation. It has moved from Moorabbin to Seaford but almost outgrown the new venue immediately and is labouring with a difficult commercial model given the onerous financial deal it has with Etihad Stadium."

Ouch.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Hands in the back...

“Yeah….nah””
onlooker2
Club Player

[quote="Legendary"]So much conspiracy.

The bloke is worth a packet, has worked his arse off for the club when he had no need to. Yes he's been well rewarded, but so is every CEO in the competition.

He's done 5 years. That's about as much as you actually want from any CEO - and make no mistake, Nettlefold has been great. His one blemish is the Lyon situation. Otherwise I think he's been great for the club. Anyone who has dealt with him behind the scenes should acknowledge that.

Let's hope we find a good replacement.

Agree with this post although still not convinced that the Lyon situation can be laid at his feet.
First of all we need a top level replacement. This position is a critical part to where we go from here and if the possibility presented itself I would go for someone with a respected AFL profile eg Melb's CEO (Jackson) on loan from the AFL.
I still have trouble landing the Lyon predicament with Nettlefold. There is no doubt in my mind he was dudded, along with the Club and along with Lyon's manager at the time Craig Kelly. I think with the speed and manner Lyon's appointment to Freemantle occurred you would need to be a clairvoyant to see it coming in time to do something about it.

Thanks for your efforts and in this environment I agree 5 -6 years is it.
PS I think $750k is around the right salary mark for the right person

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
."

So, are you calling Peter Summers, our new President a LIAR? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Good. I'll do it for $500,000 per year and save the club $250,000. It will be hard making ends meet, especially with all those arduous trips to Europe and the USA to fit in, but service to the club comes first. Next to go should be Pelchen.
Why, are you worried he might improve our 1 flag in 140 years ratio, imagine beating that, yeah, i agree, F*** him off... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
lloyd21
Club Player

New President has to start getting stuck into the press shortly.
Tumultuous year for Stkilda is that the heading the best they come up with listing milneys old charge 10 years ago.
and the dwarf incident compared to Essendon having no president no CEO Coach is banned asst coach fined fined
Fitness coach sacked , football manager suspended mystery drugs administered to players .
Adelaide for cheating salary cap suspended from draft , CEO suspended .
Collingwood President racially vilifes an all time great of the game.
Melbourne Coach turns club into basket case , club fined for tanking .Ceo sacked ,Football Manager given contract extension then sacked when they realize AFL not happy.
Brisbane sacks it coach without replacement , Massive player exodus due to club admin issues.

Maybe Ms phelan should consider these as tumultuous when compared to an official leaving after 5 years of service.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I really think for all the positive talk the club is in a bad way. We are in a vicious cycle where we need form to attract members, members to attract sponsors, sponsors to attract players etc We don't have any of these elements and at the moment everything about st kilda is a hard sell

#1 Ryder fan
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote:New President has to start getting stuck into the press shortly.
Tumultuous year for Stkilda is that the heading the best they come up with listing milneys old charge 10 years ago.
and the dwarf incident compared to Essendon having no president no CEO Coach is banned asst coach fined fined
Fitness coach sacked , football manager suspended mystery drugs administered to players .
Melbourne Coach turns club into basket case , club fined for tanking .Ceo sacked ,Football Manager given contract extension then sacked when they realize AFL not happy.
Brisbane sacks it coach without replacement , Massive player exodus due to club admin issues.

Maybe Ms phelan should consider these as tumultuous when compared to an official leaving after 5 years of service.
Why, if it's StKilda it's big, over the top :roll:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
onlooker2
Club Player

lloyd21 wrote:New President has to start getting stuck into the press shortly.

+1

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:Good. I'll do it for $500,000 per year and save the club $250,000. It will be hard making ends meet, especially with all those arduous trips to Europe and the USA to fit in, but service to the club comes first. Next to go should be Pelchen.
You,re a labor loving surrender monkey.... No thanks

Fortius Quo Fidelius
stinger
Saintsational Legend

kos wrote:
stinger wrote:
kos wrote:hearing that the dustin martin issue has had some bearing over this decision!
tell us more.... :D
Don't know much more but heads were butted during his attempted recruitment.

The stkilda football club are going all out to bolster their list, some thought the dusty direction was the way to go others thought not!
The right decision has been made and the character of a person is the top criteria in the direction of the club.
thank you for replying, mate....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thank Christ. This admin has been an unmitigated financial disaster. All of the muppets who tracked me for questioning this regimes reckless spending promises can eat their words

Our club is a financial basket case because you lot Demanded Butters and his financially responsible admin be booted

You bunch of economic illiterates have brought this on our club.

We'll you have got what you wanted. Live with it suckers

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
."
it's entirely possible that he offed himself because the saints could no longer afford his salary......maybe the same reasons...financial for combining other roles and giving hutchy the flick.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:
Business Net Asset position grew from $5m to $21m during this term.
Turnover grew from $26m to $41m during the 6 year term.
:shock:

I know nothing about Terry Dillon, but if he could oversee this sorta' thing again (happened during the six years he was with the skid marks), then I'd say "Come on down Terry." 8-)
SainterK wrote:If someone could come along and channel just a bit of the massively under utilised saints supporter passion, we'll go somewhere....IMO
Nailed it (again) K. :idea:

I believe our club actually has a huge fan base, and based on that alone, we should be a league power!!!

Sooooo, K, how's your little man going? A bit older, and hence more independent nowadays?

Maybe you have a bit more time on your hands...?

(That's actually a serious question/suggestion re ST K FC getting in someone to address the 'channelling' shortcomings re club and supporter base.) :idea:
This begs the question: who is Sainter K?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the nine years you've given the club Michael!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell