Delistings???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kickit
Club Player

Re: Delistings???

TDL was around 70KG in the WAFL and is now 75Kg 25 years old.

2010 averages per game: 2.25 goals 9.25 disposals 3.3 contested 4 marks
2011 only 3 games , averages 1 goal, 6.3 disposals, 5 contested 1.6 marks
2012 1.1 goals , 6.6 disposals, 2 contested 2.6 marks
2013 1 goal , 8.4 disposals, 3.3 contested, 3.6 marks

So his season with StKilda was his best since his first, but he's still not good enough. If he's a crumbing forward he needs to get more goals. If he's a lead up forward he needs to win more of the ball.
I'll be surprised if we see any real improvement from him.

Someone help me , did he really get zero stats in 1/4 of footy round one against gold coast, or did the AFL lose the notepad.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand the vitriol that guys like Saad, Milera and TDL get. There is almost a willing for them to fail. They are there for the post Milne era so give them time.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I don't understand the vitriol that guys like Saad, Milera and TDL get. There is almost a willing for them to fail. They are there for the post Milne era so give them time.

Everyone wants them to be stars, well imagine everyone does but they were poor this year and worst of all we got one from another club for no reason. They certainly dont cop anywhere near the likes of Kosi got.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

And they cop nothing compared to what Raph got on here!

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:I don't understand the vitriol that guys like Saad, Milera and TDL get. There is almost a willing for them to fail. They are there for the post Milne era so give them time.

Everyone wants them to be stars, well imagine everyone does but they were poor this year and worst of all we got one from another club for no reason. They certainly dont cop anywhere near the likes of Kosi got.
Saad had second year blues and had displayed more than enough in the first year.

That being stated TDL is bloody awful

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ill have another stab - because my last one was clearly wrong.

Out: Ledger (trade hopefully for MIchie), Lever - delisted (if we recruit a tall defender), TDL + 3 retirements (6 outs)
IN: Curren, Minchington, Tall defender, Michie, 2 high draft picks (6 ins).

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Ill have another stab - because my last one was clearly wrong.

Out: Ledger (trade hopefully for MIchie), Lever - delisted (if we recruit a tall defender), TDL + 3 retirements (6 outs)

So you only want to use picks 3 and 20. Surely that isnt giving our list a real chance of improving.

lloyd21
Club Player

Think there will more than that

Fisher Dal Santo Gwilt Dunnell Ferguson (even though mentioned doing weight training) are trades for picks. 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote:Think there will more than that

Fisher Dal Santo Gwilt Dunnell Ferguson (even though mentioned doing weight training) are trades for picks. 8-)

Not sure what you mean but Gwilt, Dunnel and ferguson are worth exactly nil on the trade table.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I think an underperforming small forward will always cop abuse worse than most. If Lenny/Jack/Joey are missing some targets or getting beaten in the clearances, they're still heavily involved in the game and contributing to the team. A defender could have a few goals kicked on him but still help rebounding from defence. But a small forward getting single digit disposals and not kicking goals is contributing absolutely nothing to the team and that's what frustrates people IMO. I hate the fact that we spent most of the year playing 3+ small forwards who had no impact when we could have had extra mids in the side to provide some run/contested ball winning.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
lloyd21 wrote:Think there will more than that

Not sure what you mean but Gwilt, Dunnel and ferguson are worth exactly nil on the trade table.
And Ferguson being a rookie doesn't help with picks.
Can't we put Lenny and Roo as vets outside the list and make more room

lloyd21
Club Player

Just pointing out the heading is delistings

Gwilt Dunnell Ferguson could be traded or delisted, the same with TDL being delisted even if contracted so they are worth something space on list
Saad will be probably delisted and maybe Rookie listed later on.
Would think there will be more than 2 draft picks if you are rebuilding .

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Curren, Minchington & Ledger are much better options as they can play midfield as well. Milera's only saving grace is that he can sometimes move up onto the wing. Saad very limited in where he can play and his opponents all got a hold of him this year. TDL to thin not strong or quick enough. At least on of them has to go IMO.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
noob
Club Player

Seems like everyone is contracted now.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Ill have another stab - because my last one was clearly wrong.

So you only want to use picks 3 and 20. Surely that isnt giving our list a real chance of improving.
Yeah i know its flawed!
We probably need to lose another old guy and maybe keep Minch on the rookie list?
Then draft 4 ?
Its just not easy predicting the outcomes when you look at who is contracted - only lever and ledger not contracted at this stage and certain that Curren will be promoted. So not very clear how it will pan out at this stage.

Kickit
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yeah i know its flawed!
We probably need to lose another old guy and maybe keep Minch on the rookie list?
Then draft 4 ?
Its just not easy predicting the outcomes when you look at who is contracted - only lever and ledger not contracted at this stage and certain that Curren will be promoted. So not very clear how it will pan out at this stage.
Very strange.
Lever must be clearly out.
Maybe Ledger really does want out, and I guess we'd be best to get a draft pick upgrade for him because a player in exchange will need us to lose a contracted player, as will an extra pick.
Our third rounder and Ledge in exchange for Freo;s second rounder?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:Our third rounder and Ledge in exchange for Freo;s second rounder?
Our third rounder will be about 39. Freo's second rounder will be about 35. Not much of a trade up!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
I think an underperforming small forward will always cop abuse worse than most. If Lenny/Jack/Joey are missing some targets or getting beaten in the clearances, they're still heavily involved in the game and contributing to the team. A defender could have a few goals kicked on him but still help rebounding from defence. But a small forward getting single digit disposals and not kicking goals is contributing absolutely nothing to the team and that's what frustrates people IMO. I hate the fact that we spent most of the year playing 3+ small forwards who had no impact when we could have had extra mids in the side to provide some run/contested ball winning.

I get why there is frustration at what is really a team selection issue but there is always some players that get personal abuse hurled their way. TDL had a couple of poor games but he had a few pretty good ones with out starring. I remember being at the Richmond game and being really impressed with his work rate when he didn't have the ball. He actually closed out space and ran to fill gaps and spread. I think his KPIs are probably not what people understand them to be like when Minin was playing that role.

Milera looks a guy who needs confidence but he cops abuse from our supporters- bizarre that fans would want to attack someone instead of hoping for him to come good.

as they say the small forward role is the hardest to play and it's even harder when the scraps are spread three ways.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I get why there is frustration at what is really a team selection issue but there is always some players that get personal abuse hurled their way. TDL had a couple of poor games but he had a few pretty good ones with out starring. I remember being at the Richmond game and being really impressed with his work rate when he didn't have the ball. He actually closed out space and ran to fill gaps and spread. I think his KPIs are probably not what people understand them to be like when Minin was playing that role.

Milera looks a guy who needs confidence but he cops abuse from our supporters- bizarre that fans would want to attack someone instead of hoping for him to come good.

as they say the small forward role is the hardest to play and it's even harder when the scraps are spread three ways.
I think TDL and Milera have brought attention upon themselves with some shameful head ducking in marking contests this year as well. Even if you're kicking goals and playing well, no AFL player will get away with ducking their head to avoid potential contact without copping an almighty spray from fans. Saad on the other hand, struggled this year but you could never question his effort and he puts his body on the line when he needs to.

defacto
Club Player

noob wrote:Seems like everyone is contracted now.
except for ledger, lever, shenton, staley, ferguson

delistings will be announced soon i believe

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

defacto wrote:
noob wrote:Seems like everyone is contracted now.
except for ledger, lever, shenton, staley, ferguson

delistings will be announced soon i believe
All those guys have their supporters, and all are promising. Down to internal judgements as to who can improve further I suppose.

Jiminy Wagga
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Its pretty hard for them to do well If the ball doesn't enter our forward 50 often.What did you expect?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jiminy Wagga wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Its pretty hard for them to do well If the ball doesn't enter our forward 50 often.What did you expect?

Better.

Kickit
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
Kickit wrote:Our third rounder and Ledge in exchange for Freo;s second rounder?
Our third rounder will be about 39. Freo's second rounder will be about 35. Not much of a trade up!
But then we can trade 35 and Gwilt for a lower pick then we can trade that pick and Jones for Melbourne's second rounder. :D

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Make the sdame offer to WCE. Their 2nd rounder will be about 26.