PLATINUM Members Event !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: PLATINUM Members Event !!

Amazing from the Pelch. What a legend.

asaint
Club Player

The future looks bright, the club is very well run....finally.
Loved his story on Allan jeans. One of the last conversations he had with his friend, A.J asked Chris to promise that when he left the hawks he would go and help out his beloved saints.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

asaint wrote:The future looks bright, the club is very well run....finally.
Loved his story on Allan jeans. One of the last conversations he had with his friend, A.J asked Chris to promise that when he left the hawks he would go and help out his beloved saints.

thats the sort of stories which make it personal and makes you think they are connected.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

thanks for those reports and anyone else who feels willing.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
asaint
Club Player

Impressive working resume. Premiership at hawks 91. Went to PA from 96, premiership 2004. Went to hawks end of that year and won flag in 08. Not bad, glad he is on board.

defacto
Club Player

this thread has made my month!!!! great posts

thefatdork
Club Player

I was there too - and it was great.
Pelchen worked thru why we have fallen away so badly and the salary cap issues meant we couldn't recruit to fill gaps in the last few years. Now, we are out of cap trouble and can use this to our advantage but it is a work in progress and won't happen overnight.
Loved the passion with which he spoke and the clear direction mapped out to achieve this.
I came away feeling a lot brighter about our club - even if next year is going to be bad.
I reckon we are in very good hands.
GO SAINTS!!
TFD

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the feedback.

Nice to get honest answers from the club, but geez 2018 seems a long way off :(

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
asaint
Club Player

He said next year will be difficult.2015 we will start winning a few,fly under the radar a bit like the doggies atm.2016 the momentum will begin and we will be ready 2018/2019 for a flag. I have waited all my life so this timeframe I can do.I'm excited! We have a plan!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

A couple of extra things I remembered overnight;

Chris said that they were talking to 5 players from opposition clubs (probably through their managers) ATM. 4 uncontracted, 1 contracted. He also said that we WILL snare a Key Defender this year.

He also got slightly annoyed by someone in the front row taking pictures of his "Road Map" saying that this is a St Kilda thing and that he didn't want to see it on-line

I thought it was only going to be for about 1 hour but it lasted from 5.30 until 8.00 and I enjoyed every minute of it. I really enjoyed Chris' stories about Yabby Jeans. It told me that Chris is also emotionally tied to the club as well, although he did say that he (by his own decision) does not socialize with the players because it is he who will ultimately have decide on their future. I thought that sounded Very Professional !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I just remembered another thing;

Chris was asked about the Essendon situation and whether we would be looking at any Essendon players. Naturally, he was very measured & very careful in his response when he said that we would be "Looking" at Essendon players. I took that as being very politically savvy in that he said "Look" but he didn't say "Touch" !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:A couple of extra things I remembered overnight;

Chris said that they were talking to 5 players from opposition clubs (probably through their managers) ATM. 4 uncontracted, 1 contracted. He also said that we WILL snare a Key Defender this year.

He also got slightly annoyed by someone in the front row taking pictures of his "Road Map" saying that this is a St Kilda thing and that he didn't want to see it on-line

I thought it was only going to be for about 1 hour but it lasted from 5.30 until 8.00 and I enjoyed every minute of it. I really enjoyed Chris' stories about Yabby Jeans. It told me that Chris is also emotionally tied to the club as well, although he did say that he (by his own decision) does not socialize with the players because it is he who will ultimately have decide on their future. I thought that sounded Very Professional !!
I can't believe that person kept taking photos... total lack of respect.

Just to clarify one point Eastern, CP said that they were talking to 5 key defenders & only 1 of those was under contract for 2014 (Frawley?). He gave an absolute assurance that we would have a key defender on the books for next year.

A few other points;

*Pick 3 will not be traded

*Prepare for an unpopular decision

*The strategic list management plan aims for 4 top 20 picks to be chosen over the next 3 drafts. So we will need to trade for an additional first round pick at some stage (& it was mentioned that it could be this year).

*Loved the Yabby Jeans stories... St Kilda's success isn't just a job for Chris Pelchen, it is obvious a very personal thing for him to achieve to fulfil Yabby's request to "look after my Saints".

I was the one who asked about Essendon... I gathered that he thought the players would get off from his response (the most disapointing thing about the night!)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Just remembered something else;

Chris said that we should take everything we read & hear during Trade Week "With a Grain of Salt". He gave a few examples on how the media can get hold of something, twist it and make a headline. He also said that a lot of what is "Leaked and/or Fed" to the media during this period was strategy & tactics. He didn't say whether or not he would be involved in this sort of behaviour although I suspect he didn't have to !!

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Animal Enclosure wrote: A few other points;

*Prepare for an unpopular decision

*The strategic list management plan aims for 4 top 20 picks to be chosen over the next 3 drafts. So we will need to trade for an additional first round pick at some stage (& it was mentioned that it could be this year).
Right, so the smoke and the fire pop up again - anyone else read this to mean that Dal is going to be traded for a first round pick whilst he still has value?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
He also said that the top 5 in this years draft will be Boyd, Aish, Scharenberg, Kelly & Billings (not in any particular order) but he does expect Boyd to go No 1 and he doesn't think that GWS are serious about trading #1. He thinks that all they are trying to do is de-stabilize other clubs

!

...which is exactly what i have posted about 5 times....just sheedy being well sheedy......

..i guess the 4 retirees will be kossi, milney, blake and lenny then......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

asaint wrote:He said next year will be difficult.2015 we will start winning a few,fly under the radar a bit like the doggies atm.2016 the momentum will begin and we will be ready 2018/2019 for a flag. I have waited all my life so this timeframe I can do.I'm excited! We have a plan!

yes we do mate...hope god lets me be still around to enjoy it...should be...they say only the good die young... :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Eastern wrote:
He also said that the top 5 in this years draft will be Boyd, Aish, Scharenberg, Kelly & Billings (not in any particular order) but he does expect Boyd to go No 1 and he doesn't think that GWS are serious about trading #1. He thinks that all they are trying to do is de-stabilize other clubs

!

...which is exactly what i have posted about 5 times....just sheedy being well sheedy......

Don't be surprised if Lenny goes on and CJ retires !!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
stinger wrote:
Eastern wrote:

!

Don't be surprised if Lenny goes on and CJ retires !!
That's what I reckon

GoSaintersGo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:So fellow Sainters we've endured 34478 of comments from this person and he's NOT EVEN A PAID UP MEMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!

God give me strength.

As I say to a fellow employee who wants to talk Essendon (ok not so much more) and the response was "until you a fully paid up member of EFC don't even talk o me"

Ditto to you P66!

I said i will try and join next year. i had to give it up 6 years ago because of all the take away food i eat and I just couldnt afford the membership especially on top of my MCC membership and my slab of beer i buy weekly. I am certaintly going to buy the most basic membership next year. the one where you dont get into games but give them a donation. I think its about $50 a year which is a dollar a week. I will give up one can of coke a week and should be able to afford it.
Plugger66, you are the lowest type of individual to contribute to this site who thinks nothing more than your own excrement (in case you don't know, that is useless matter discharged from animals or if you like, just plain SH1T) and therefore please don't join the StKFC next year because : 1 - we members don't want our standards lowered to your level thanks, and 2 - in fact, go join Essendope as you fit their criteria.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

GoSaintersGo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:So fellow Sainters we've endured 34478 of comments from this person and he's NOT EVEN A PAID UP MEMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!

God give me strength.

As I say to a fellow employee who wants to talk Essendon (ok not so much more) and the response was "until you a fully paid up member of EFC don't even talk o me"

Ditto to you P66!

I said i will try and join next year. i had to give it up 6 years ago because of all the take away food i eat and I just couldnt afford the membership especially on top of my MCC membership and my slab of beer i buy weekly. I am certaintly going to buy the most basic membership next year. the one where you dont get into games but give them a donation. I think its about $50 a year which is a dollar a week. I will give up one can of coke a week and should be able to afford it.
Plugger66, you are the lowest type of individual to contribute to this site who thinks nothing more than your own excrement (in case you don't know, that is useless matter discharged from animals or if you like, just plain SH1T) and therefore please don't join the StKFC next year because : 1 - we members don't want our standards lowered to your level thanks, and 2 - in fact, go join Essendope as you fit their criteria.
Surely you don't believe him....

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Just on the unpopular decision, what could it be?

Would trading Dal definitely be that unpopular?
Could it be Chips?
Is it Milney forced into retirement?
Could Raph be coming back?

It is a bit intriguing....

For mine, I reckon it's Milney forced into retirement.....

asaint
Club Player

He said dal is contracted for next year. Would not gaurantee any player would be there next year,but soundslike Dal will be.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Just on the unpopular decision, what could it be?

Could it be Chips?

I think you could be right. My thoughts on who the other three might be; Kosi, Blakey & CJ. Lenny to go around for one more year !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Jones retire though?

He is playing OK, you wouldn't think a Demons wouldn't be interested just to show their players how someone gives a stuff?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

maverick wrote:Just on the unpopular decision, what could it be?

Could it be Chips?

I don't think Milney being forced into retirement will be that unpopular.

He didn't say Dal will stay... he said his extra year trigger point has been met, new contract details will be submitted to the AFL in Nov (after FA period) & that he couldn't guarantee anyone will 100% be on the list in 2014 (except for pick #3 & a tall defender!).

There were 3 or 4 names on the trade/delist column... & he stated that they will be gone no matter what- if they can't be traded, they'll be delisted. At the start of the preso he mentioned that there had been over 20 depart the club in the last 2 off seasons & there will be another 8-10 this year. 4 retirements, 4 delistings... 2 traded out?

I got the feeling that it may be Dal who leaves to find us the additional 1st round pick that is required in the 2013-2015 List Management Plan.