Mitch Brown Gone - West Coast

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spot on
Club Player

Re: Mitch Brown Gone - West Coast

Big keafth from collingwood has apparently signed for longer at the pies too. I hope we look at josh Bruce from gws or just pick out the best state league players or 18 year olds. I like frawely but will cost too much. I think high skilled mids are highest priority.

Greg T
Club Player

8856brother wrote:Thank God West Coast knocked back what we offered last year. He is, and will only ever be, a GOP.
Although there is some truth in this ,all clubs have GOPs.
Even grand final winners.
What is important is the structure that he would of added to the back line IMO
Not many good CHB or FB floating round at the minute.
Zac Dawson is the classic GOP , but structurally crucial ....
He was a big loss.....

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Brown is a good player - fair amount of sour grapes in this thread ... but that said brown was not the be all to end all so him signing with WCE doesnt really hurt us that much as we now focus on another player
I agree, I don't get the 'Brown is a spud anyway', he was on the way to being our next great hope when he was 'coming to us'.

I have heard from a couple of different sources we are into Talia, personally, thinking thats more of a pipe dream than Frawley, but what would it take?

Say we traded for pick 1 (which we are dead keen on) and 10, then on traded 10 and Stanley for Talia, now we're talking. I guess it depends on how keen the Crows are on getting back into the draft - and whether Talia decides to do the dirty on Adelaide - why he would I don't know but $500k over 5 years and coming back to Victoria might help.

As I'm writing this I know that there is 0.05% chance of this happening, but I just want to believe we are going to do something amazing come trade period. I've said previously I rate Luke Thompson, he would come cheap, if not for free by years end!

I can't see us getting pick 1 without giving up McEvoy, which would make Stanley a must keep, but I don't want to pin my hopes on Rhys unfortunately, especially with Boyd there if we had pick 1.

So then, say Pick 1 and 10 for McEvoy and Gilbert - maybe chuck in pick 20 as well?
Keep pick 3, use that on Aish, we get Aish because we tell Melbourne that we won't steal Chip Frawley off them if they pass on Aish and pick Kelly.
Use pick 10 and Stanley on Talia - who subsequently tears Crows a new one by saying he will walk to PSD with a mill on his head for next year.
Trade round 4 pick to North for Currie, with the agreement that we wont big on McDonald with our pick 3. After North rigged last years draft, they would be keen for an under the table deal.
Use remaining picks to pick up a KPD from the state leagues and best mids available.

So we lose; McEvoy, Gilbert, Stanley, Pick 20, Pick 50ish
We gain; Boyd, Aish, Talia, Currie

Lol, thats not gonna happen.... anyone care to have a bit of a play with how we can somehow realistically make something like that happen? :lol:

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Brown is a good player - fair amount of sour grapes in this thread ... but that said brown was not the be all to end all so him signing with WCE doesnt really hurt us that much as we now focus on another player
I agree, I don't get the 'Brown is a spud anyway', he was on the way to being our next great hope when he was 'coming to us'.

I have heard from a couple of different sources we are into Talia, personally, thinking thats more of a pipe dream than Frawley, but what would it take?

Say we traded for pick 1 (which we are dead keen on) and 10, then on traded 10 and Stanley for Talia, now we're talking. I guess it depends on how keen the Crows are on getting back into the draft - and whether Talia decides to do the dirty on Adelaide - why he would I don't know but $500k over 5 years and coming back to Victoria might help.

As I'm writing this I know that there is 0.05% chance of this happening, but I just want to believe we are going to do something amazing come trade period. I've said previously I rate Luke Thompson, he would come cheap, if not for free by years end!

I can't see us getting pick 1 without giving up McEvoy, which would make Stanley a must keep, but I don't want to pin my hopes on Rhys unfortunately, especially with Boyd there if we had pick 1.

So then, say Pick 1 and 10 for McEvoy and Gilbert - maybe chuck in pick 20 as well?
Keep pick 3, use that on Aish, we get Aish because we tell Melbourne that we won't steal Chip Frawley off them if they pass on Aish and pick Kelly.
Use pick 10 and Stanley on Talia - who subsequently tears Crows a new one by saying he will walk to PSD with a mill on his head for next year.
Trade round 4 pick to North for Currie, with the agreement that we wont big on McDonald with our pick 3. After North rigged last years draft, they would be keen for an under the table deal.
Use remaining picks to pick up a KPD from the state leagues and best mids available.

So we lose; McEvoy, Gilbert, Stanley, Pick 20, Pick 50ish
We gain; Boyd, Aish, Talia, Currie

Lol, thats not gonna happen.... anyone care to have a bit of a play with how we can somehow realistically make something like that happen? :lol:
I'll have a go at making all that happen , can you wait though whilst I ring Hogwarts and see if they''ll sell me a wand.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:So where are the pieople that practically called him a saints player? The people that advised, how great he is etc.. Or have those people just changed their tune because he using coming over?

this is obviously important to you, care to elaborate why ppl losing interest in a potential opposition draftee/trade is peculiar?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Wayne42 wrote: I'll have a go at making all that happen , can you wait though whilst I ring Hogwarts and see if they''ll sell me a wand.
Wow, been here for a month and SS is clearly already rubbing off on you with that comment. Try to resist the urge to sh.itcan geniune posts I know it is the popular thing to do but thats the exact reason why this place is half the forum it used to be.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Wayne42 wrote: I'll have a go at making all that happen , can you wait though whilst I ring Hogwarts and see if they''ll sell me a wand.
Wow, been here for a month and SS is clearly already rubbing off on you with that comment. Try to resist the urge to sh.itcan geniune posts I know it is the popular thing to do but thats the exact reason why this place is half the forum it used to be.
Lighten up...no sense of humour.. another reason why this place gets a hard on

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?