Team v Kangas

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Kangas

True Believer wrote:
SainterK wrote:Armo wright ferguson

In for Hayes jones Maister
Am surprised Hickey got up for this game.....looked to be limping badly by the end of last week.
You'll just have to trust the club that he's right :D

karnaby
Club Player

Good.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
Richter
SS Life Member

clarky449 wrote:Why do some posters think that by just playing the kids this year, this will be the worst year out of the rebuild? I have fears for the next 3 years. Just because we get games into these kids doesn't mean next year is going to be any better.
I agree Clarky. But if we are bottom 4 for 2013-15 as I expect then that means at least 6 cracks at sub-#25 draft picks and top picks in the PSD which should give us a decent crack at rebuilding the list to go back up again. What is imperative is that we do not through the baby out with the bathwater and do the Melbourne-style double-dip.

By 2016-17 Schneider, Milney and Lenny will certainly be gone; Rooey, Chips and Dempster will probably be gone, but Dal and Joey will likely be entering their final season or two. That gives us some hope of having a crack at finals 2016/17 though beyond that all will be in whether we have drafted, recruited and developed well enough during the period 2010-17.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Buckets
SS Life Member

8856brother wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Why do some posters think that by just playing the kids this year, this will be the worst year out of the rebuild? I have fears for the next 3 years. Just because we get games into these kids doesn't mean next year is going to be any better.
Bingo Clarky. This is the legacy left by your lovechild to our great club. :wink:

No it surely can't be....it's all Watters fault we don't have any good kids between 18-24.... :wink:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

dragit wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Am surprised Hickey got up for this game.....looked to be limping badly by the end of last week.
You'll just have to trust the club that he's right :D

I do, they've been managing for weeks. Didn't say I didn't believe it, just said I am surprised.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: I do, they've been managing for weeks. Didn't say I didn't believe it, just said I am surprised.
Lighten up will ya', I was trying to make light of our silly argument.

I agree about Hickey, has been limping the whole year, mustn't be too bad I guess.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Limping??

He just runs that way I thought?!

I thought he looked like a Gumby in the intraclub because of his gait....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
I agree Clarky. But if we are bottom 4 for 2013-15 as I expect then that means at least 6 cracks at sub-#25 draft picks and top picks in the PSD which should give us a decent crack at rebuilding the list to go back up again. What is imperative is that we do not through the baby out with the bathwater and do the Melbourne-style double-dip.

By 2016-17 Schneider, Milney and Lenny will certainly be gone; Rooey, Chips and Dempster will probably be gone, but Dal and Joey will likely be entering their final season or two. That gives us some hope of having a crack at finals 2016/17 though beyond that all will be in whether we have drafted, recruited and developed well enough during the period 2010-17.
I think anyone that thinks 2016 we may have a chance of finals is seriously deluded.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Who are the emergencies?

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Saunders, Maister, Jones.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Training tomorrow morning - all will be revealed

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Richter wrote:

I think anyone that thinks 2016 we may have a chance of finals is seriously deluded.

I think anyone who claims to have such a strong knowledge of how stkilda will go 3 years into the future as to call someone with a contrary opinion "deluded" is, in fact, themselves deluded.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
clarky449 wrote:By 2016-17 Schneider, Milney and Lenny will certainly be gone; Rooey, Chips and Dempster will probably be gone, but Dal and Joey will likely be entering their final season or two. That gives us some hope of having a crack at finals 2016/17 though beyond that all will be in whether we have drafted, recruited and developed well enough during the period 2010-17.
Sheesh I had to look twice, I wrote a similar thing a few weeks ago! 8-)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80878&p=1337048#p1337048

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

So that makes this the youngest team so far this year, if they line up as named. A bit younger again than R6, differences being Hickey, Ray, Webster, Gwilt, Ferguson in for Jones, Gilbert, Koschitzke, Murdoch, Saunders.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

To say im thrilled with the final team is a total understatement.

Someone has their s*** together at the selection table at last.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Richter wrote:

Now, that is rich.

If Ferg plays that'll make 6 debutantes so far this year. I reckon that's great. Stand still and get trampled or change.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:To say im thrilled with the final team is a total understatement.

BANG BANG
Agreed. Still not perfect but finally they're phasing out the old duds and putting a bit of emphasis on skills and smarts while getting the balance about right.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/r ... 2nhep.html

door closes on daw...for this week at least......still wish that the saints had drafted him.......congrats jackson...hope it's the first of many games in saints colours..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
True Believer wrote: I do, they've been managing for weeks. Didn't say I didn't believe it, just said I am surprised.
Lighten up will ya', I was trying to make light of our silly argument.

I agree about Hickey, has been limping the whole year, mustn't be too bad I guess.
He came off at the end of the game for Sandy the other week and you would have thought he would have missed the next week given how badly he was limping. The next week he played seniors. It's obviously something they can manage, but given our history with guys like Ball, X Clarke, Kosi etc, I really worry that we'll ruin young blokes bodies and prevent them realising their full potential.

IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If were making an excuse for the player for being injured, we are pointing the finger at the club....

Apologists are confusing themselves....

He is fit.... Which means he is struggling

Or unfit.... Which means the club is struggling to manage

In our position should we be 'managing' (code word for risking) players anyway?!

Saints43
Club Player

BigMart wrote:If were making an excuse for the player for being injured, we are pointing the finger at the club....

In our position should we be 'managing' (code word for risking) players anyway?!
We need some sort of experience in the backline for organisational purposes.

He's definitely not 100%. Against Adelaide he looked like an 80 year old getting out of a beanbag when getting back to his feet.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:If were making an excuse for the player for being injured, we are pointing the finger at the club....

Bite my bag you self important flog.

Managing does not mean "risking". You've got a piss poor grasp of English for a teacher. It means controlling his training loads, it means gathering medical input on whether his injury would be exacerbated by continuing to play, it may mean managing his TOG to a lower level.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Training tomorrow morning - all will be revealed

any update, or did they train indoors due to the weather???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:To say im thrilled with the final team is a total understatement.

BANG BANG

why? please explain

dragit
Saintsational Legend

How did roo go anyone?