Adam Goodes should promote the King Kong musical

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: Adam Goodes should promote the King Kong musical

Eddie was so 'outraged' and 'upset' by this at the time... how could he have known it was going to happen, on his show?

noddy04
Club Player

What about Darcy....what a f ucken suckhole....oh yeah eddy we know what you meant and its ok cos your eddy etc etc.. Sucks Eddy more than he does BTaylor

mullet
Saintsational Legend

noddy04 wrote:What about Darcy....what a f ucken suckhole....oh yeah eddy we know what you meant and its ok cos your eddy etc etc.. Sucks Eddy more than he does BTaylor
Really? I thought Luke sounded shocked, and tried to distance himself from it.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:I am afraid I cannot understand how he can even have the thought. How would you even think that. I have seen all the King Kong publicity too and never once did Adam Goodes come to mind.

I can only think he must have been out of his mind, whether tired, or lack of concentration, who knows.

But it isnt up to me and how I feel, it is up to Adam Goodes and apparantly he is hurt badly again, what a week Adam.

One thing though, and it prob makes no difference to Adam, but I admire him a lot more than I did last week, and understand a lot more how words can cut deep.
It makes sense. King Kong and Apes and Goodes. Join the dots. I didn't think of it but I understand what Eddie was saying. Just not a good thing to say.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

It was obvious Eddie was trying to be ironic, and put a humorous spin on the Goodes 'ape' incident from the weekend, only his joke was poorly timed and not humorous at all. What I did find humorous was how he tried to cover it up instead of copping it on the chin and admitting that his joke was not funny but in fact ignorant. He could've nipped it in the bud immediately. Sure he still would've been criticised but at least avoid being a liar.

I didn't mind the way Darcy handled himself. He could've covered up what Eddie said and played on it in a humorous fashion but instead he left Eddie out to dry and distanced himself from the joke. Good on him.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

As I said the other day , he had form and was never properly taken to task when bagging western Sydney

Sobraz
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote: It makes sense. King Kong and Apes and Goodes. Join the dots. I didn't think of it but I understand what Eddie was saying. Just not a good thing to say.
But ok to think??

This is probably the most disgraceful comment I've ever read on this site.

Agree with K, he has form, went unfairly over the top at one of our supporters who was branded a 'borderline racist' (in fact making reference to Krakour's criminal past and questioning his sentence), and has proven he clearly would be sitting up front of the bus if it was 1950... Eddie would think and say some ugly things in private... He plays the PR game brilliantly, except for the occasional slip up... I see him for what he really is...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

OK, look the guy **** up. Has made a full apology, has taken ownership and says he feels embarrassed.

What do you want him to do? Top himself?? :roll:

I dont think it was intended to be racist at all. Just a dumb thing to do and inflamed "apegate" which is the worst outcome.

Eddie made a goose of himself, but has acknowledged he did and takes full responsibility.

More pressing race based issues than a dumb slip of the tongue surely?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mcg ... 2napr.html

Noice.

Goodes hasn't accepted Eddie's apology and even better Harry O has turned on his prez.

The real good that can come out of this is destabilising Collingwood. I don't think they will have many fans on Friday night at the Gabba. Go Lions!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:OK, look the guy **** up. Has made a full apology, has taken ownership and says he feels embarrassed.

What do you want him to do? Top himself?? :roll:

I dont think it was intended to be racist at all. Just a dumb thing to do and inflamed "apegate" which is the worst outcome.

Eddie made a goose of himself, but has acknowledged he did and takes full responsibility.

More pressing race based issues than a dumb slip of the tongue surely?
You don't know that.

I don't know what lies in his heart of hearts, I don't know his motive, I don't know him.

To dismiss it, to say its overblown, not our call...it's the call of those he has hurt.

If he was taken to task properly last time when he offended western Sydney, he maybe wouldn't of done it....again.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySainter wrote:All the "holier than thou" stuff going on is this thread is nauseating.
We all have on occasion had racist thoughts because we are human and all have the frailties that go with being human.
Anybody who says they have never had a racist thought is either lying or horribly self deluded.......

Not suggesting that I haven't had and don't have racist thoughts. Like many people. It's the awareness you bring to them that matters. If you think something that's clearly racist and fully believe it and hang on to that opinion as truth, then that's condoning racism, whether you speak it or not.

If you catch yourself and go, "actually, that's just my prejudice, maybe I could think about that person differently", then that's the first step in eradicating it.

Without awareness it's only a matter of time before those thoughts become words.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:You don't know that.

I don't know what lies in his heart of hearts, I don't know his motive, I don't know him.
So what. I have ears. I heard the context the comment was made. I can tell what he was trying to say. I can also tell it was inappropriate and wrong.

I can tell he made an unreserved apology. he took ownership and said it was dumb and embarrassing. You want him charged with soething?
SainterK wrote:To dismiss it, to say its overblown, not our call...it's the call of those he has hurt.
I'll make any call I like Miss Bossy Boots. I didn't order you to agree with it. Get hysterical and frenzied if you must, couldn't care less about your fauz outrage.
SainterK wrote:If he was taken to task properly last time when he offended western Sydney, he maybe wouldn't of done it....again.
Taken to task :roll: Fair dinkum, the moral outrage about this is incredible. Has more to do with Collingwood than any real compassion for victims of racism.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Is Eddie McGuire a racist? Only HE can honestly answer.

Did Eddie McGuire make a racist comment? Definitely YES

!!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
SinCitySainter wrote:All the "holier than thou" stuff going on is this thread is nauseating.
We all have on occasion had racist thoughts because we are human and all have the frailties that go with being human.
Anybody who says they have never had a racist thought is either lying or horribly self deluded.......

Not suggesting that I haven't had and don't have racist thoughts. Like many people. It's the awareness you bring to them that matters. If you think something that's clearly racist and fully believe it and hang on to that opinion as truth, then that's condoning racism, whether you speak it or not.

If you catch yourself and go, "actually, that's just my prejudice, maybe I could think about that person differently", then that's the first step in eradicating it.

Without awareness it's only a matter of time before those thoughts become words.
+1 st.byron so well articulated.

Lance or James??

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Gee I never knew there was "Thought Police". If someone thinks something but never acts or says anything then you don't know what they are thinking.

So it's ok IMO to not like all races/religions provided you don't voice your opinion against them in any form that can be of harm!
SP, I was not being the "Thought Police". You were not forced to reveal anything. You were not water boarded or did I send a rat down a pipe towards your face to elicit a confession.

Granted, you have a right to think whatever you want which is part of your free will. But if you are silly enough to admit that it's ok to have racist thoughts, expect to be judged.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Is Eddie McGuire a racist? Only HE can honestly answer.

!!
When?

Not today in my opinion. He made a comment on the PR industry and what would have happened in the old days. What he should have done was not associate last Saturdays ape furore with King Kong.

It was a dumb stupid association and he cocked up badly. I dont think it was a racist remark at all in a direct sense, the observation was more in line with "the PR industry is so dumb they would try to get Adam Goodes to promote King Kong after last weeks racism row".

it is certainly associated with the racism ape comment, but I dont think racist in itself. Just a dumb thoughtless, stupid mistake that will re-ignite the ape race debate.

Lance or James??

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Gee I never knew there was "Thought Police". If someone thinks something but never acts or says anything then you don't know what they are thinking.

So it's ok IMO to not like all races/religions provided you don't voice your opinion against them in any form that can be of harm!
SP, I was not being the "Thought Police". You were not forced to reveal anything. You were not water boarded or did I send a rat down a pipe towards your face to elicit a confession.

Granted, you have a right to think whatever you want which is part of your free will. But if you are silly enough to admit that it's ok to have racist thoughts, expect to be judged.
Your last two lines are a contradiction.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

No they're not.

Lance or James??

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

no they are not. you are out of your depth.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

My moral outrage stems from the fact I am married to someone who's parents migrated to this wonderful country, and know first hand the hurt mindless comments can cause.

It was not the time for defiance, and that's what the tone of it was.

He said the PR comment in an effort to justify his comments, not originally when he made the correlation between King Kong and AG. Listen to it in its entirety...

Faux outrage huh, all because I responded to you in what I thought was a discussion, won't make that mistake again.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Is Eddie McGuire a racist? Only HE can honestly answer.

!!
Correct.

From accounts Goodes has not accepted his apology... And I agree with what Harry O'brian had to say.

'Slip of the tongue'.... :roll:

It's up there with a previous filth president's comments.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

If someone was to ask you to select a certain AFL club that you thought maybe generally racist what answer would you give ?

Honestly.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Joffa how is it that your willing to play the apologist for Eddie on one hand, yet on Friday night you were the one leading the lynch mob starting the thread about a 13 year old girl, who unlike Eddie, doesn't know any better and is merely an uneducated product of poor parenting??

Eddie is the professional adult who has done plenty of finger pointing himself in his past, and you're happy to write it off as an honest mistake, yet you were also happy to paint a 13 year old girl as public enemy number 1 on Friday night...

I think you've got the main offender the wrong way around... The fish rots at the head... Eddie did nothing to pull up Malthouse when he vilified Milne. Has done near on nothing to stop his support base from abusing Milne let alone other players... Did not apologise to a Saints fan when he incorrectly named and shamed him a racist, getting him booted from the match... Did not learn from his racist comment in the past.. Does nothing but protect the Collingwood brand and himself...

But a 13 year old girl, who I'm sure now does understand the enormity of her racist words, is the real enemy...??

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

A Freudian Slip by Ed The Bogun.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Joffa how is it that your willing to play the apologist for Eddie on one hand, yet on Friday night you were the one leading the lynch mob starting the thread about a 13 year old girl, who unlike Eddie, doesn't know any better and is merely an uneducated product of poor parenting??
Did Eddie call a black Australian an ape? That thirteen y.o. girl should be banned from football to teach her a lesson.

Also because i believe McGuire made a terrible mistake not a deliberate attack on Goodes.
Sobraz wrote:Eddie is the professional adult who has done plenty of finger pointing himself in his past, and you're happy to write it off as an honest mistake, yet you were also happy to paint a 13 year old girl as public enemy number 1 on Friday night...
Oh FFS why dont you go over the top. For a start, last Friday night nobody knew she was thirteen. As for subsequently, I still dont buy the fact she didn't know an ape was racist towards Goodes.

I also said it was the CFC lead that let their moron fans behave this way.

In that sense I have been proven correct. Once more McGuire makes a terrible blue. I bet the CFC supporters feel justified in their abuse and rape calls.

Still McGuire has apologised and has owned the comment. You want him executed?
Sobraz wrote:But a 13 year old girl, who I'm sure now does understand the enormity of her racist words, is the real enemy...??
How many fkn times do you have to be told.

Sounds like you want to turn the racism debate into a get Eddie debate. It is bigger than McGuire, bigger than the CFC, bigger than the AFL, and bigger than your petty parlour game :roll:

Lance or James??