Was Roo knocked out by a late hit??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Was Roo knocked out by a late hit??

Scollop wrote:Roo copped a flush hit to his jaw with a clenched fist from Picken. If Picken has the hand eye co-ordination to be able to pluck a loose footy out of a collision at that speed, he certainly has the skill to be able to know how to avoid an illegal head high hit.

Umpires are forgiven when they make mistakes because they cannot be expected to get it 100% right at the speed of the game, but MRP is failing as far as player welfare is concerned. They have the luxury of the replays.

There is no clenched fist at all. You actually see his hands wide open. Talk about looking through one eye. Rooy hit Pickens shoulder or upper arm. It was a complete accident and as it should have been wasnt even mentioned by the MRP.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

If everyone had that mentality then what happened to Kosi in that bump that fractured his skull would still be OK today - Zieball would have got off each time and Stevie Baker wouldn't have had half of his suspensions.

Just coz we don't agree with MRP and are trying to highlight things does not mean we are cookoo

"wasnt even mentioned by the MRP" so it's alright!! Well done mate. like Bobmurray said; "you win"

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:If everyone had that mentality then what happened to Kosi in that bump that fractured his skull would still be OK today - Zieball would have got off each time and Stevie Baker wouldn't have had half of his suspensions.

Just coz we don't agree with MRP and are trying to highlight things does not mean we are cookoo

"wasnt even mentioned by the MRP" so it's alright!! Well done mate. like Bobmurray said; "you win"

It wasnt mentioned because there was nothing in it. About 2 people agree with you on here and this is a saints site. I take it you actually have 2 eyes but im doubting you use both. Surely if a captain was knocked out illegally it would have at least been raised in the media. There is nothing. You are wrong with what you saw. matter of fact i have no idea where you even get the clinched fist from. And it isnt a matter of winning, its just telling the truth as 99% of people saw it.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

You sure you don't get paid by the AFL?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:You sure you don't get paid by the AFL?

Why because i aint biased and dont think the world is against us and because I saw the incident as it actually happened and not through one eye. No I dont get paid by the AFL. Are you sure you have 2 eyes?