Milne must NOT play against the Pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

Re: Milne must NOT play against the Pies

BringBackMadDog wrote: As for leaving him out, I think I read this same game after round 4 last year. Plus the other small forwards hav don stuff all anyway. At least Minle attracts quality opposition week in weak out which makes if easier on our other forwards.
Exactly, this what some seem to overlook. If roo takes the best defender, milney more often than not takes the second best. Harry O who has been playing up the ground this year, if we do play milney then it makes for an interesting decision for the pies.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
dragit
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote: As for leaving him out, I think I read this same game after round 4 last year. Plus the other small forwards hav don stuff all anyway. At least Minle attracts quality opposition week in weak out which makes if easier on our other forwards.
Exactly, this what some seem to overlook. If roo takes the best defender, milney more often than not takes the second best. Harry O who has been playing up the ground this year, if we do play milney then it makes for an interesting decision for the pies.
Which quality opponents has he had so far this year?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:Dal Santo still had 21 poss (9 cont) and 6 tackles, yet considered to have not played well. It's just that there is more expectation on him.

Milne's poor days are very ordinary, which tends to happen with small forwards sometimes.

I think you are wrong about NDS his disposal and decision making this year has been way off
just looking at disposals doesnt take into account the shanks hand balls to team mates in worse position, work rate
As for Milne it will be decided on team balance, if Milera comes back in after a good 2nds performance, then milne should probably miss this week

MCG-Unit always argues with stats, it's her thing and fair enough too. But like our argument last year over Goddard, really good players like Dal can always look good on the stat sheet and in the case of Goddard you only have to look at his games this year for the Bombers for proof that stats aren't the complete measure. Tim Watson commented on Goddards game on ANZAC day that he hadn't seen Goddard play with the intensity he was playing with this season since 2010. And that was my gripe with Goddard from round 1, in 2011 until round 23 of 2012.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Have no problem with MCG U post. Milney has a hard posi to play. He should play this week and not be punished further for his suspension. However, his credits won't last forever.

I'd actually look at dropping Saad soon. He is out of form and needs to get some confidence back in the VFL.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Have no problem with MCG U post. Milney has a hard posi to play. He should play this week and not be punished further for his suspension. However, his credits won't last forever.

I'd actually look at dropping Saad soon. He is out of form and needs to get some confidence back in the VFL.
I have no problem with them either.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

The tribunal punished him for the stupidity

SW should draw a line in the sand wrt effort required

Milne, Fisher, Dal Santo would be on notice.... It's no coincidence they've been dropped before, they are culprits of

They have been stars no doubt. But NO one is above anyone else wrt effort, whether you're Saunders or Dal Santo and whilst he output may be different...the effort shouldn't waver... I believe Dal, Milne and Fosher are coasting and grabbing their pay checks, knowing full well they've climbed the mountain and are on he otherside, but also believe their spot is secure and a right of theirs....

Milne gave up his position with a selfish pathetic act and must earn it back.... It shouldn't be given to him.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Milne did his time. Why should he have to earn it back? It's a bit over the top IMO.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Is Milne really any worse than last year. He has had one more possession and 2 less goals in 4 games. Hardly an earth shattering difference and not a big difference as someone said. He was ordinary this time last year and the same this year but the real difference is we are a worse side and small forwards struggle when that happens. I still think he should come straight back in for TDL and if we want to play Milera then Saad can have a rest and get some confidence like Milera obviously got last week.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Is Milne really any worse than last year. He has had one more possession and 2 less goals in 4 games. Hardly an earth shattering difference and not a big difference as someone said. He was ordinary this time last year and the same this year but the real difference is we are a worse side and small forwards struggle when that happens. I still think he should come straight back in for TDL and if we want to play Milera then Saad can have a rest and get some confidence like Milera obviously got last week.
That's how I see it. Milera and Milne in for TDL and Saad.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:Dal Santo still had 21 poss (9 cont) and 6 tackles, yet considered to have not played well. It's just that there is more expectation on him.

Milne's poor days are very ordinary, which tends to happen with small forwards sometimes.
I think you are wrong about NDS his disposal and decision making this year has been way off
just looking at disposals doesnt take into account the shanks hand balls to team mates in worse position, work rate
As for Milne it will be decided on team balance, if Milera comes back in after a good 2nds performance, then milne should probably miss this week
I may be wrong, it's mostly opinion stuff isn't it? I was just agreeing with the poster, who said that Dal Santo's ordinary days are still ok footy, whereas Milne's quiet games can be poor - which most agree happens with the small forward role.
Maybe Milne will need to go thru the midfield some matches to get into the game more.....

Also I didn't just look at stats, I watched the game. Selection won't be easy with the small forwards, I just hope they don't play 3 or 4 of them and if Milera gets a game - to try and go a bit harder at the ball.
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Sun 28 Apr 2013 9:05pm, edited 2 times in total.

No Contract, No contact :shock:
dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Is Milne really any worse than last year. He has had one more possession and 2 less goals in 4 games. Hardly an earth shattering difference and not a big difference as someone said. He was ordinary this time last year and the same this year but the real difference is we are a worse side and small forwards struggle when that happens. I still think he should come straight back in for TDL and if we want to play Milera then Saad can have a rest and get some confidence like Milera obviously got last week.
Would it really hurt if he played a solid game at sandy this week before coming back?

He's been average so far this year, then been very indisciplined to get himself suspended, our season is already stuffed & Saad has been no worse than Milne, so why should he make way?

Milney is a champion & shouldn't have any trouble forcing his way back in after a strong VFL performance, I think that shows a strong culture & that Watters sticks to his word.

BadRossco
Club Player

Agree Milera has to be recalled, he does not like the hard ball but is by far the most talented. Saad doesn't do enough and Milney is past his use by date. After watching Sandy I believe the future is not as grim as I thought, with White the shining light but Webster, Lever, Staley, Hickey and Pierce showing plenty. Curren should also earn promotion and Ray deserves another crack. Add Wright, Murdoch, Saunders, Sippos , Newnes and Ross to this lot with some astute recruiting we should be on the move upwards by 2015.