Kosi MUST play out the season

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi MUST play out the season

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Just answered why Roo plays well. Kosi gets one of Riewoldts three men and he gets off the leash.

Roo got most of his kicks down back and it had stuff all to do with Kosi playing. If Hickey plays they would still send the same opponent to him as they did Kosi. Coaches arent scared of Kosi anymore. Rooy played unbelievably well but that was because it seemed he could play anywhere he wanted to. Lets face Kosi took one mark within scoring distance of goal. The worst Hickey could do is take one less mark.
He keeps a player off Roo still twat.

Yes the same as Hickey would. The really tall guys mean they often drop a guy back in front of them for the chop out too. It stresses the backline and forces accountability. A big body up forward would do but Kosi is available and isn't really required to do much if he brings the ball in there.

So they dont do that when Maister or Hickey play. I would have thought they were pretty big as well. Gringo you dont like being challenged do you. Call me a twat because I dont agree Kosi being in the side made Rooy play better. We were also told our smalls would play better if Kosi played. Well didnt happen. Kosi seems like a great bloke and im sure thats why people want him to be good but he isnt now. He also isnt the future and isnt the reason Rooy played fantastic on Thurday. Its either him or Hickey and as I said the worst Hickey could do up forward is take one less mark. I reckon he could more than match him when rucking

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

P66, if you're referring to me I said we shouldn't play 4 smalls without kosi, why use comments from another week regarding Saturday night?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:P66, if you're referring to me I said we shouldn't play 4 smalls without kosi, why use comments from another week regarding Saturday night?

I wasnt referring to anyone in particular. People said the smalls will play better because Kosi will bring the ball to ground. Well it didnt happen. kosi should only play if he shows something at sandy because he showed bugger all on Thursday. People hanging their hat on a mark and Rooy playing well.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

pass
get him to 200 and thats it (unless we get bad injuries)

sorry
time to nurture someone else into the role

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:pass
get him to 200 and thats it (unless we get bad injuries)

sorry
time to nurture someone else into the role
Why should he get a Free Pass to 200 or should that be a Get Out Of Gaol Free? We are playing footy, not Monopoly.

He only plays if he's in the best 22 and if he's in the best 22 we're rooted for the year.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
luc1966
Club Player

Didn't wanna make another thread but is Stanley contracted for next awason

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Why?
Because this year the odds of us winning the flag are so astronomically high that giving koz a few more games to get to 200 won't really bring any detrimental sides effects to a new player breaking thru and missing out a few games till kozi gets to the 200.

If we were seriously in with a shot this year then obviously.... u pick the best 22

That's why
Imo

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Why?
Because this year the odds of us winning the flag are so astronomically high that giving koz a few more games to get to 200 won't really bring any detrimental sides effects to a new player breaking thru and missing out a few games till kozi gets to the 200.

If we were seriouy in with a shot this year then obviously.... u pick the best 22

That's why
Imo
I'm still reeling that this isn't monolopy :cry:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

luc1966 wrote:Didn't wanna make another thread but is Stanley contracted for next awason

Click on board index and go down to sainsational web.
In there is a thread for all this year and beyond.
Rhys is signed till 2015

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:I hope he gets to 200. I really do. It would just be a good for the club as a whole. Kosi, the club and the supporters have been through a lot together. And there is no denying he loves us all.
This is what I've wanted to say for a long time but didn't have the words.

Kosi has given me as much joy as a life time supporter as the likes of Milne and Roo have but he must deserve each game or what would they stand for?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
groupie1
Club Player

dragit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
dragit wrote:Tanking, I like it.

Thankfully there is no chance of Kosi playing out the season… he's been struggling at Sandringham, true story.
There is conventional ordinary tank - give all your youngsters heaps of game time.

and there is the SUPER TANK - play Kosi!

Really Im happy for the big Kos to play his 4-6 games this year but his body just isnt up to playing week in week out.
I wouldnt even play him every week At Sandy.

I think we need to persist with Hickey and Lee and then later down the track throw White in.
Yeah, there's some really fresh ideas coming through over the last couple of weeks…

Hope Scotty is reading, maybe I should jot them down, so he can combine them all & thank us later…

1. Kosi must play all year, regardless of form or fitness, just has to play - think structure

2. New midfield, Milne, Simpkin & Maister… sounds crazy, but it just may work

3. Don't play Hickey & Lee, but just keep our fingers crossed that, when they do come into the side in 2 years, they destroy the comp

4. Riewoldt should play at CHB - you know it makes sense

5. 4 small forwards, it really isn't enough, we need Schneider & the Minch in there too.

I'm sure I have forgotten heaps… apologies, I'll add more later.
I know this one's mine, smart arse:
2. New midfield, Milne, Simpkin & Maister… sounds crazy, but it just may work

Yet again, failure to read what I'm actually saying. I use players names as examples, so the idea is not too abstract for you to sink into your brain, and all you can read are the players I use as examples and make fun of those choices.
I was inkling toward saying John Smith and Bill Smith and Player B... but was worried you wouldn't get it. Clearly, I was right! you wouldn't have gotten it!

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
matrix wrote:Why?

If we were seriouy in with a shot this year then obviously.... u pick the best 22

That's why
Imo
The MRP is monopoly.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:I have been saying he is gone, done dusted... But i must say his first quarter and a half on Thursday were great. Kicked a goal, contested very hard, bodied people, showed desperation.... If he maintained that I would be happy tp play him....

Of course, he dropped off in the 2nd half.. substantially.. and the small ground and slow tight contest also suited him....
I would like Lee given more time.. so.. I am now on the fence a bit with Kosi.. which is a movement from being in the "retire now" side
People do realise he was collected by Mumford...was it the third? Was back and forth with the doctor, and no, it was not because he has no awareness...it just happened.

Like head butting the ball.
Weren’t you the guy the other week calling for us to stop attacking our players? What happened to that train of thought?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Totally disagree with gifting anyone any games. Completely against the ethic of earn your spot they're trying to develop.
Your talking about gifting him 4 more games. Don't give a crap for the sentiment of it. Am interested in developing a cohesive winning team. If he earns his spot and performs - neither of which apply to Kosi - then ok. If not, let him finish on 196 or wherever. It's irrelevant.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Totally disagree with gifting anyone any games. Completely against the ethic of earn your spot they're trying to develop.
Your talking about gifting him 4 more games. Don't give a crap for the sentiment of it. Am interested in developing a cohesive winning team. If he earns his spot and performs - neither of which apply to Kosi - then ok. If not, let him finish on 196 or wherever. It's irrelevant.
So does that mean you will want to see Milne earn his spot? Should he play at zebs to regain form?

Milne has already been gifted 3 games this year, why gift him another?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah lets not get him to 200 so he gets life membership
make him fall short

ffs are we contenders this year??
you dont think that a few of the newbs will need a rest?
after all its their first season on the park, reckon they'll make it thru all year unscathed ??

doubtfall
so give the man his 200

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
monolopy?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
st.byron wrote:Totally disagree with gifting anyone any games. Completely against the ethic of earn your spot they're trying to develop.
So does that mean you will want to see Milne earn his spot? Should he play at zebs to regain form?

Milne has already been gifted 3 games this year, why gift him another?
Oh FFS.....
Milne has been All Australian the last two years. One of the best small forwards of all time who right up until the end of last year was in the best form of his life.
Most people on here agreed at the end of last year that Kosi was done and dusted.
If Kosi had been AA the last two years then sure, give him more time. But he wasn't. He's been shyte for a number of years now. Milney on the other hand has earned a bit of leeway.
But if he doesn't perform, then yep, him too. I want to see fierce competition for places and everyone judged on their merits, not sentiment or any other shyte about being a good bloke or great clubman.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:yeah lets not get him to 200 so he gets life membership
make him fall short

ffs are we contenders this year??
you dont think that a few of the newbs will need a rest?
after all its their first season on the park, reckon they'll make it thru all year unscathed ??

doubtfall
so give the man his 200

Totally disagree. If we're not contenders then every game is a chance to develop a younger guy. Zero value in playing someone who is clearly past it.