Chris Pelchen must go

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Chris Pelchen must go

That should read, yabbie. F$&@ing predictive text!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:At least you have given him a couple of years. It is certainly his fault our stars are getting older. A person in his position should be able to stop the aging process.
Plugger; Give yourself an uppercut. We DO NOT want any anti-ageing supplements anywhere near our players :roll: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Gabby Jeans had one last request before he died. That was for"Chrissy, fix my saints".
Serious? I never knew Jeansy was such a good Saints man right up to the end - I thought all that success at the Hawks would have turned him.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Gabby Jeans had one last request before he died. That was for"Chrissy, fix my saints".
Serious? I never knew Jeansy was such a good Saints man right up to the end - I thought all that success at the Hawks would have turned him.
Bite your tongue. Yabbie was a Saints man through and through... Was a mentor to Ross Lyon and they would talk quite regularly.

I also heard from an excellent source that Yabbie sent written messages to Stan Alves during the 97 GF. One of them was put Burke on Jarman.
Last edited by SaintPav on Sun 21 Apr 2013 5:22pm, edited 2 times in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:
perfectionist wrote:On the day that Chris Pelchen was appointed Head of Football at the Saints, Ross Lyon decided that his future lay elsewhere. Of all the AFL clubs, just one, the Saints, has the club coach as second in command. A quick click onto the Saints website will see it written in B&W. The Board, largely the current Board, got this hopelessly wrong. Other than a complete newbie, no self respecting coach would ever accept such a proposition.

Chris Pelchen made his "name" as recruiter for Hawthorn, but left Hawthorn in mysterious circumstances which have never been fully explained. There was no way that he was going to be viewed as the boss of the coach at Hawthorn, so maybe that was the reason. Today, Scott Watters reports to, and is answerable to, Chris Pelchen. At every other club, the coach is answerable to the Board and, therefore, the members.

Of course, there is a separate issue relating to the quality of the draft picks (2011,2012). Time will tell on those, although the current evidence is not good.

The Board must admit this organisational error, right it (I doubt Chris Pelchen would accept a demotion) and move on.

What a stupid post.

P66 - great response.
+1

andrewg
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:On the day that Chris Pelchen was appointed Head of Football at the Saints, Ross Lyon decided that his future lay elsewhere. Of all the AFL clubs, just one, the Saints, has the club coach as second in command. A quick click onto the Saints website will see it written in B&W. The Board, largely the current Board, got this hopelessly wrong. Other than a complete newbie, no self respecting coach would ever accept such a proposition.

Chris Pelchen made his "name" as recruiter for Hawthorn, but left Hawthorn in mysterious circumstances which have never been fully explained. There was no way that he was going to be viewed as the boss of the coach at Hawthorn, so maybe that was the reason. Today, Scott Watters reports to, and is answerable to, Chris Pelchen. At every other club, the coach is answerable to the Board and, therefore, the members.

Of course, there is a separate issue relating to the quality of the draft picks (2011,2012). Time will tell on those, although the current evidence is not good.

The Board must admit this organisational error, right it (I doubt Chris Pelchen would accept a demotion) and move on.
This post is f****** ridiculous

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Geez I'm flabbergasted by all the bulls*** written on this forum.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:He inherited a shambles of a list . Needs 5 years to fix it. He's not even had two years yet.

Remember how bad the hawks were in 2003 ?
Thank Ross Lyon for that

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Just sack somebody- we need scapegoats
The receptionist is a disgrace! If he/she cant even pick up the phones how can the players be expected to pick up loose players??

On field performance starts in administration! I wont have it! We need the off field team to lead by example. We need more intensity in the reception area!

:D :D :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Anyway rumour tells me that Pelcham will leave the Saints in 'mysterious circumstances' and re surface just in time to help Tony Abbott, get a few more left footers into the libs next pre-selection :wink:
now, being a left footer myself...that made me laugh......out loud too.... :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
bergholt wrote:Serious? I never knew Jeansy was such a good Saints man right up to the end - I thought all that success at the Hawks would have turned him.
Bite your tongue. Yabbie was a Saints man through and through... Was a mentor to Ross Lyon and they would talk quite regularly.
Yeah right. Good to hear! So many great people associated with this club and yet so few of them have had the ultimate success.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:He inherited a shambles of a list . Needs 5 years to fix it. He's not even had two years yet.

Thank Ross Lyon for that
How come everyone blames Lyon exclusively? John Peake was our National Recruiting Manager during that time. The club sacked him. Which of two was more culpable? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
bergholt wrote:Serious? I never knew Jeansy was such a good Saints man right up to the end - I thought all that success at the Hawks would have turned him.
Yeah right. Good to hear! So many great people associated with this club and yet so few of them have had the ultimate success.
Jeansy's first love was always the saints. Emotionally blackmailed The pelican into saving the saints. Good job too. Love Yabby. Love the pelican. A premiership is only a few years away.f

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
loris
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Jeansy's first love was always the saints. Emotionally blackmailed The pelican into saving the saints. Good job too. Love Yabby. Love the pelican. A premiership is only a few years away.f
Sure was ........................ Sadly Jeansy still kept his distance from the Saints after his coaching stints with Hawks & Tigers ended because L Fox still had contact and influence at the Saints. No love lost there. When Fox drifted to Carlton............ Jeansy returned.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

Thank Ross Lyon for that
How come everyone blames Lyon exclusively? John Peake was our National Recruiting Manager during that time. The club sacked him. Which of two was more culpable? !!
I dont blame Lyon exclusively.

It is well known we had the least resources in this area in the AFL for 5 years. We were grossly under resourced. At one stage we didnt even have a recruitment manager at all. We just had a few blokes with clipboards and mobile phones.

People have short memories. Remember this was the period when football first campaign happened. Part of that was because of our lack of resources in recruitment and development.

It took us a few years to put this all together after that.

So there is a 5 year lag between that poor period and our current on field performance (going to be poor). People need to understand we are now paying the price for the poor mgt 5 years ago.

Just the same I now believe we have good systems in place - but there will be another 5 year lag until we see the positive results from this.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote: Port Adelaide, 2004, Hawthorn, 2008. The man has the right track record. Patience grasshoppers. We are in good hands.
Maybe some sort of stem cell rejuvination might get Aussie Jones, Dean Greig, Burkey and Harvs back in the centre and Rooy could be CHF...

Maybe the pelican also has a deal with Stewart Dew and if Stewy loses 20 kg we'll sign him up in 2017

Or maybe we give Pelch a few more years and see how the team develops. I believe we're on the right track

PJ
SS Life Member

Seriously the biggest load of sh*t thread in quite a while.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Seriously the biggest load of sh*t thread in quite a while.

You missed the BJ one?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
Sure was ........................ Sadly Jeansy still kept his distance from the Saints after his coaching stints with Hawks & Tigers ended because L Fox still had contact and influence at the Saints. No love lost there. When Fox drifted to Carlton............ Jeansy returned.
interesting post loris...you will have to tell me more.... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
PJ wrote:Seriously the biggest load of sh*t thread in quite a while.

You missed the BJ one?

How can you compare the two. A race to the bottom of hand wringing, scapegoating, and ego stroking has never been seen.

At least it may liven up the forum a bit now we are crap.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Richter
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
loris wrote:
Anyway rumour tells me that Pelcham will leave the Saints in 'mysterious circumstances' and re surface just in time to help Tony Abbott, get a few more left footers into the libs next pre-selection :wink:
now, being a left footer myself...that made me laugh......out loud too.... :wink: :wink:
Hmmm, sinister...

:wink:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

one thing on this thread is the though that we kept Raph Peake and Polo over keeping Zac ... if i recall Raph was already contracted ... Peake and Polo were both in limbo awaiting to see what Zac decided to do ... Zac decided to walk the club were upset that they lost a player they wanted they then chose to resign Peake and polo after zac had gone ... had zac stayed both would have been delisted sso no the club didnt choose Peake and Polo over Zac the club settled for Peake and Polo ....

its a bit like this year had we landed Brown then Blake would have been quietly retired we didnt so blake plays on an extra year ...

on the topic of Yabby i was lucky enough to have morning tea with him back in 2005 at the table was myself a hawthorn supporter Ken Judge and Yabby ... he was 100% a saints man he loved his hawks but its the saints that owned his heart with Judge and my co-worker the hawthorn supporter there yabby chose to talk about the Saints more than the Hawks ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:one thing on this thread is the though that we kept Raph Peake and Polo over keeping Zac ... if i recall Raph was already contracted ... Peake and Polo were both in limbo awaiting to see what Zac decided to do ... Zac decided to walk the club were upset that they lost a player they wanted they then chose to resign Peake and polo after zac had gone ... had zac stayed both would have been delisted sso no the club didnt choose Peake and Polo over Zac the club settled for Peake and Polo ....
I said that we weren't prepared to keep Zac, and then directed additional funds that could of secured him to giving other guys new contracts for 2012.

Pelchen will have been at the club 2 years in July, still no big bodied defender, still cap issues, still a lack of mids....murmurs of issues with the senior players, letting BJ go.

I said admittedly I don't know where the blame lies, but these are things that seem a concern.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

one of the most stupid topics Ive seen in a while. Smells of a Gen Y. Seriously , go sack yourself and come back in 3 years.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
loris
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:one of the most stupid topics Ive seen in a while. Smells of a Gen Y. Seriously , go sack yourself and come back in 3 years.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooophs...................... you're in for it now 'Zed' :wink: