Tom Ledger

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom Ledger

plugger66 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:Unless there are major off-field issues then I think Ledger has been treated very harshly. I remember Lyon praising Ledger for training well in his first year and he made his way into the team before being injured so it doesn't seem like it's a work rate issue.

Ledger has great attack on the ball, is very quick, can kick a goal and gets plenty of the footy. While his disposal efficiency isn't great, I've seen him hit forwards lace-out plenty of times. He gets a lot of contested possessions which will hurt his efficiency stats and has tried to do too much at times in his AFL appearances (which is understandable considering he usually comes on in the last quarter with 25 minutes to make an impression and keep his spot). I see Ledger as a more aggressive but less polished version of Montagna.

What he really needs to do at senior level is settle down and get used to the pace of the game, and that will only come with experience.

Fitness and skills are an issue i reckon.
If thats the case, he only has himself to blame !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!