Kosi vs Tom Lee

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi vs Tom Lee

gringo wrote:I said all along he isn't your traditional forward . He is a 6'4" Milney with sticky hands and quick feet. He will crumb as many if not more than he marks.
he'll be a star

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
gringo wrote:I said all along he isn't your traditional forward . He is a 6'4" Milney with sticky hands and quick feet. He will crumb as many if not more than he marks.
he'll be a star

Based on what?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
he'll be a star

Based on what?

Based on my instinct of seeing him play.

BTW, we've had three practice matches. It's time for you to publish your best 2013 team from the backline.

I want the team YOU would pick, not the team you think will be picked.

Make it a separate thread please.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
he'll be a star

Based on what?

Based on my instinct of seeing him play.

BTW, we've had three practice matches. It's time for you to publish your best 2013 team from the backline please.

I have seen 2 of them only and i havent seen Simpkin, Stanley or Fisher play. All may play in the backline. And i havent seen Lenny or dempster play either. My feeling is both will struggle for a game this year. Well certainly based on their form so far.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I have seen 2 of them only and i havent seen Simpkin, Stanley or Fisher play. All may play in the backline. And i havent seen Lenny or dempster play either. My feeling is both will struggle for a game this year. Well certainly based on their form so far.
I think you know enough about how Simpkin, Fisher, Lenny and Dempster play. But it is fair enough to want to see Stanley play in the backline first.

Once he has, I expect to see your team.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Lee'll get there.
Okay, the ball did slip through his hands a couple of times, after he was smart enough to get himself into perfect positions to mark it, and he would have been disappointed in himself for that.
There were some glimpses of what he can do - absolutely loved his forward pressure when he ran down a speedy little Adelaide player, and I also thought he showed real poise when he snapped that goal and also passed the ball to Kosi for a goal. He sizes up situations very well and knows what to do when the ball is in his hands.
Moves well and is agile for a tall guy.
Some real positive signs. Kicked a goal and set another one up in a very low score (which otherwise would have been 2 goals lower).

Megamaguire
Club Player

samoht said "Lee'll get there.

Okay, the ball did slip through his hands a couple of times, after he was smart enough to get himself into perfect positions to mark it, and he would have been disappointed in himself for that.
There were some glimpses of what he can do - absolutely loved his forward pressure when he ran down a speedy little Adelaide player, and I also thought he showed real poise when he snapped that goal and also passed the ball to Kosi for a goal. He sizes up situations very well and knows what to do when the ball is in his hands.
Moves well and is agile for a tall guy.
Some real positive signs. Kicked a goal and set another one up in a very low score (which otherwise would have been 2 goals lower).

Good to hear Tommy does have some good attributes samoht, I believe it is early days indeed and we are all better off practicing some pattience - difficult I know!
Given that he's been whisked across thecountry and is probably still trying to position himself within the whole St.Kilda identity and life in AFL central (ie) Melbourne he should be allowed more time to adjust.

So far I trust the brain of Watters and co in regardto what inspired them about Tom.

GO ASAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Heard Scott Watters on 5AA before the first game yesterday and he said that physically Lee was still immature ,, he said Lee still had a 19 year olds body.. and that it will take 24 months to harden him up. Went on to say that when Lee was in the system originally he was a couple of years physically behind everyone else.

I think they are seeing him as a long term replacement for Reiwoldt.. with Meister as a backup over the next couple of seasons.

Really like the way SW speaks and seems to be a good thinker.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
saint6709
Club Player

yes I believe he is - and he's just saying - don't jump on the kid just yet - give him a bit of time - 24 months is probably the buffer zone - hopefully he will start performing as the year goes on

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

I think all the planning is geared towards 2015 and beyond.
Letting Bj go, not worrying about a big backman and recruiting blokes with ability but without the bodies to go with it yet.
Have said it before but hope Watters doesn't build a squad and then get the "Matty Knights" treatment.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

way too early to panic re Tom Lee
Lets give him a year in the system and another pre-season.
Key fwd is very hard to play and always takes 3-4 years. - I can remember plenty here thought Jack Riewoldt was a 'dud' for his first few years.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I would hope for 40-50 goals in the VFL and a debut this seaon

5kg and 10 more games in 2014

A further 5kg and a push for regular games in 2015

villasaint
Club Player

I love Kosi but he wouldn't be here ifmhenwasnt contracted. oBeau and Stanley to get the nod at this stage. Don't bag Lee to,early though I think should get at least 12 games in this year and learn how train off room as well. If we are in a revuilding phase then we need to give kids a crack, not go back to the well with the same old.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:Lee will be a decent player. I said all along he isn't your traditional forward . He is a 6'4" Milney with sticky hands and quick feet. He will crumb as many if not more than he marks.
Lee got a greater percentage of his possession (47.2%) from marks last year than Kosi did (45.7%). He looks every bit the leading, marking players that are getting a run at KPF these days.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Kickit
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:Barry lawrence recruited as a forward, did little till he went back got confidence up and then played either end.
Too early to call on Lee.
We recruited Wilkes as a defender , and he turned out to be a handy forward.
Would be ironic if Lee , recruited as a forward, turned out to be a handy defender.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:Barry lawrence recruited as a forward, did little till he went back got confidence up and then played either end.
Too early to call on Lee.
We recruited Wilkes as a defender , and he turned out to be a handy forward.
Would be ironic if Lee , recruited as a forward, turned out to be a handy defender.
He was drafted because he had a break-out year as a FF in the WAFL.
His career was dead as a backman.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:He was drafted because he had a break-out year as a FF in the WAFL.
I reckon they've got him in mind as third tall forward this year alongside Rooey and Maister. I hope so anyway. I've got a feeling about this kid.

Looks to be a very clever player with the knack of kicking goals. In other words, a natural forward like Milney.

No doubt he'll cop plenty of flack if he doesn't start the season with a few bags of goals, but these things take time.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:Heard Scott Watters on 5AA before the first game yesterday and he said that physically Lee was still immature ,, he said Lee still had a 19 year olds body.. and that it will take 24 months to harden him up. Went on to say that when Lee was in the system originally he was a couple of years physically behind everyone else.

I think they are seeing him as a long term replacement for Reiwoldt.. with Meister as a backup over the next couple of seasons.

Really like the way SW speaks and seems to be a good thinker.
i think the likely replacement will be white......but i'd be more than happy if lee and white turned out as good as, or better than kosi was at his best

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

from what I saw he could definitely do with bulking up around the neck and shoulders. he only has a short neck so should develop powerful back and shoulders. this on top of an agile waist and quick legs bodes well.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
busso mick
Club Player

millarsaint wrote:from what I saw he could definitely do with bulking up around the neck and shoulders. he only has a short neck so should develop powerful back and shoulders. this on top of an agile waist and quick legs bodes well.
I am curious as to what you mean by an agile waist?