Watters on 3aw soon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Watters on 3aw soon

BigMart wrote:Good player, big loss

Spin it whatever way..
Big opportunity for someone else. Positive spin on your negative post

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

based on the previous two years Goddard is not worth more than 500k. You can't pay on potential when you're 28.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
savatage
SS Life Member

Can't pay key position rates for a flanker. Anyway you slice it - he's a flanker, an underperforming one for the past two years & not worth anywhere near what he got. Do I blame him for leaving for that much cash? No way...I don't know any other flanker that has ever been paid that well before.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Can't pay key position rates for a flanker. Anyway you slice it - he's a flanker, an underperforming one for the past two years & not worth anywhere near what he got. Do I blame him for leaving for that much cash? No way...I don't know any other flanker that has ever been paid that well before.

Thats right. Would have been a fool to stay. He has already dampened expectations and trying to take the pressure off. Good luck bj, the Essendon supporters will be very hard to please knowing they paid 800 large a year for 4 with you lazing about on a HBF because you aint no midfielder.

Also would have been a fool to stay as it is obvious that Watters didn't want him at the club on anything more than (the top paid player I might add) 600k.

Wonder how Jobe and the others feel about this bloke waltzing in on 800 large, filing up the SC and then playing down his role? Hmmmmm.

Nice to see his quote from 2009 about not being able to live with yourself going to another club :D :D

Money talks, BS walks doesn't it beej??? :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
savatage wrote:Can't pay key position rates for a flanker. Anyway you slice it - he's a flanker, an underperforming one for the past two years & not worth anywhere near what he got. Do I blame him for leaving for that much cash? No way...I don't know any other flanker that has ever been paid that well before.

Thats right. Would have been a fool to stay. He has already dampened expectations and trying to take the pressure off. Good luck bj, the Essendon supporters will be very hard to please knowing they paid 800 large a year for 4 with you lazing about on a HBF because you aint no midfielder.

Also would have been a fool to stay as it is obvious that Watters didn't want him at the club on anything more than (the top paid player I might add) 600k.

Wonder how Jobe and the others feel about this bloke waltzing in on 800 large, filing up the SC and then playing down his role? Hmmmmm.

Nice to see his quote from 2009 about not being able to live with yourself going to another club :D :D

I thought he left becuase he wanted to play midfield?

I also read on here that he was gone as soon as the siren went in the second GF.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Good player, big loss
Agree with this. At the end of the day though BJ chose to walk, for whatever reasons he had. His perogative entirely. As they say, one doors closes & another opens. There's a spot available for someone who shows they want it. BJ gave us 10 years & 200 games so I don't mind so much that he took the opportunity presented. If he'd been our first round choice that left after only a couple of years however ... :roll:

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

joffaboy wrote:

+1 to both posters.

Beekay
SS Life Member

BJ isn't a top 30 player in the AFL.

BJ wasn't a top 4 player at St. Kilda.

BJ ain't a midfielder's as@h#le.

And we should have made him our highest paid player, with years of development ahead of us, with him looking like a wet sock with two average years left in him?

Nothing inspiring about his leadership either. Professional on the training track no doubt, but aint got a Lenny bone in him. Seems like a brat on the field.

Unless Essendon has somehow fooled us all and will challenge for the flag in the next two years, then it's a horrid decision.

Fantastic move by BJ tho, he is the clear winner; St. Kilda second, Bombers a distant last.

And let's just hope he is playing midfield against us! Lenny crunching BJ would be great theatre!

Saints43
Club Player

Beekay wrote:BJ wasn't a top 4 player at St. Kilda.

BJ ain't a midfielder's as@h#le.
Didn't BJ come fourth in the B&F?

I also don't think he cut in our midfield - especially in the centre square - but we'll just have to wait and see how he goes at the bombers.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:Ironically last night I watched our last two games of 2012 back to back (one recorded on IQ, then straight into the FOX footy replay of our Rnd 23 game against Carltank).

Ironically BJ seemed to have little involvement in either game, but when he did it was as a medium tall, mostly forward and some around half back. Given that rnd 22 was against GWS I was shocked how little involvement he had in the game.

I noticed that Ledger was VERY involved and did some good things, Sippos will be a star, Gram had a fair bit of influence in the Carlton game but was in and out of the game in patches. The otheh one that I really noticed with the benefit of watching it on replay, Newnes is going to be a player!!

We've got some good kids going around. But based on output from the last two games of the year we wouldn't miss BJ at all. He barely touched it.

That is not the reality of course, only a snapshot, and the truth is that a quality player will always be missed, and BJ is a quality player, but based on the four hours of football I watched last night, if it was a reality for the long term plans of our club that we needed to lose a qualiy player to rebuild our list, I would rather have lost BJ than Dal, and we have lost BJ. I think Plugger is on the mark, the club knew that to regenerate the list we needed to free up cap space and someone had to go and wanted to lose BJ. They had to lose someone on top end coin, that had currency elsewhere (Free agent draft compensation comes intot it) and who we could plan to replace by either a restrucutre or a re-jig of our game plan. A sweeping HBF/quarterback is easier than a quality inside/outside mid for us.

That was just the last couple of games he played for us. Watch a few replays of his games from the first half of 2011. He made his stats sheet look respectable...that's all. His headspace left the club well before his last 2 games in red white and black.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I actually hope he goes just "OK" at the Bombers ... and I blame neither him - nor our admin - they clearly think we are re-building and no chance for a few years ... but if he performs to a high level it may embarrass a few on here - I would be very careful of making predictions of failure. I actually always thought he was top-four for us and often in the top 30 of the AFL - but that is just my opinion. He played under some disillusionment for the past two years but I have no idea why - maybe he cannot get his head right - maybe he disagreed with the coaches - I can imagine he might have "high-expectations" of everyone around him - himself - his team mates and his coaches.
Good luck with these features Ess'n!

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:What did Watters say on 3AW?

about 30 min - 35 minutes on here

http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/AUDIO/13 ... sToday.mp3

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Why has no one mentioned that BJ will be the perfect foil for Heppell :D

The Bluff
Club Player

Hmmm I thought this was going to be about what our coach had to say on the radio, not some essendon player!