We have started training...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: We have started training...

mad saint guy wrote:McEvoy looks to have put on some size through the trunk, which will help him greatly against the bigger rucks who have pushed him around. Stanley looks much thicker through the shoulders as well, most likely for pushing away defenders - he may be our planned FF for 2013.

It's good to see they're getting away from the super-slim and durable yet weak Misson/Lyon conditioning. We didn't have many injuries, but the players really struggled to win contested ball and make tackles stick when they're built to be endurance athletes with little muscle mass.
They have only had about 8 weeks off, i didn't know you could go from Mr Puniverse to Mr Universe in that short a time frame....I think it's perception
rather than reality that they are "bigger".....

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
gringo
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:McEvoy looks to have put on some size through the trunk, which will help him greatly against the bigger rucks who have pushed him around. Stanley looks much thicker through the shoulders as well, most likely for pushing away defenders - he may be our planned FF for 2013.

It's good to see they're getting away from the super-slim and durable yet weak Misson/Lyon conditioning. We didn't have many injuries, but the players really struggled to win contested ball and make tackles stick when they're built to be endurance athletes with little muscle mass.
They have only had about 8 weeks off, i didn't know you could go from Mr Puniverse to Mr Universe in that short a time frame....I think it's perception

Yeah I'm not convinced the pics aren't a little misleading. Lever must have bulked up a bit but probably over the full year and not just in a couple of months. I would love them all to have changed physique but more likely the photos slightly morphed to fit framing or something.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:

Obviously they're not going to be 10kgs heavier after 8 weeks, but they could have been on a strength-focused training program since the end of the season and it'd be a whole lot easier to put on size when you don't have to worry about playing matches, training and recovery. They've had all of September and October off to really push themselves in the weights room, eat a tonne of food and not worry about how it effects their performance on the field. With 3-4 weights sessions per week over 8 weeks, an elite athlete could definitely put on some size.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Doing the head count,doesnt the club know how many are supposed to be out there?

we are in trouble
Somebody should tell them BJ is gone.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"