This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint6709
Club Player

Re: Sign up Jayden POST Saints !

Eastern wrote:SO;

This Jayden Post character wasn't good enough to get a game in a team that finished below us in 2012. How is he going to help us stay ahead of his old club in 2013? !!
Josh P. Kennedy

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:

This Jayden Post character wasn't good enough to get a game in a team that finished below us in 2012. How is he going to help us stay ahead of his old club in 2013? !!
Josh P. Kennedy

Did he get delisted?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:

Josh P. Kennedy

the Tigers have been looking for a full back for a few years and like us with mid sized lead up forwards just kept getting more of them hoping one would explode onto the scene. My mate reckons he never got to play in a single position at Coburg and when in the tigers played well and was dropped for the usual suspects. They got Chaplin who is ready to go for 5 years and fringe backs will get shed from their list to make way for filling their next hole.

We need someone as a FB and his form from 2 Tigers games i watched him in was solid but Zac dawson solid not Darren Glass solid. he may become more he may not but we could get Rodda or similar as well and play Post as the FB for 3 years until we can shove him out for the kid. If he is too good to kick out we win and can delist Rodda after he plays 15 games in 3 years and other clubs can call him a spud because he didn't get games for us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
saint6709 wrote:

Josh P. Kennedy

the Tigers have been looking for a full back for a few years and like us with mid sized lead up forwards just kept getting more of them hoping one would explode onto the scene. My mate reckons he never got to play in a single position at Coburg and when in the tigers played well and was dropped for the usual suspects. They got Chaplin who is ready to go for 5 years and fringe backs will get shed from their list to make way for filling their next hole.

We need someone as a FB and his form from 2 Tigers games i watched him in was solid but Zac dawson solid not Darren Glass solid. he may become more he may not but we could get Rodda or similar as well and play Post as the FB for 3 years until we can shove him out for the kid. If he is too good to kick out we win and can delist Rodda after he plays 15 games in 3 years and other clubs can call him a spud because he didn't get games for us.

Like Lynch, Walsh and Heyne.

saint6709
Club Player

gringo wrote:
saint6709 wrote:

Josh P. Kennedy

I am not saying Post is the answer - but i'd like to roll the dice and one of the 4-5 potential candidates who are between 20-24 and 195-197 cm

PJ
SS Life Member

Either way you roll with it we are going to need a fullback next year.

a/ physically mature kid that will get support from our experienced backline - Rodda?Tanner

b/ state leagues fullback - been around and not quite made afl level but again with the support of the backline will cope - Hartigan/Tippet

c/ both of the above

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Either way you roll with it we are going to need a fullback next year.

a/ physically mature kid that will get support from our experienced backline - Rodda?Tanner

b/ state leagues fullback - been around and not quite made afl level but again with the support of the backline will cope - Hartigan/Tippet

c/ both of the above
i would be doing the double. Big kids never hurt to have on the list and take time, get one now and take a mature back up is our best bet. they don't have to be world beater but need to be competent from the first game. Not many kids play a full season in their first year especially as a KPP so even if we look at a guy that can get 15 games and we give our kid some time in the role we are doing the sensible thing.

evo
Club Player

Post did not nominate for the draft. Signed with Altona where he can play to the standards of the western region footy league.

ace
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
clarky449 wrote:People are getting desperate. Just because they are KPP doesnt mean they are any good.
Correct. I'd rather get noone and play Kosi there than get someone who is not up to it. Plus haven't we learned our lesson getting Tigers players?
Play Kosi there. I think Jayden's brother Lamp would be more mobile.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA