Saints chase Caddy, Brown

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Saints chase Caddy, Brown

stevie wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:Caddy has had his 2nd meeting with the Saints... loves the facilities but the drive to Seaford is an issue.

We're right in the mix. Josh has a few mates at StK that have raved about the joint (Watters, Lenny, etc)

The fact that our pick is lower than both Nth & Geel's gives us the advantage as GC need currency to trade for Tippett. Geel's compo pick is being spoken about like it is god's greatest gift to mankind but its not as attractive as Cats supporters are sprouting.
Just curious - how does Caddy know Scott and Lenny?
Sorry I meant that playing under Watters & being mentored by Lenny was a great attraction. Caddy is good mates with a few of the younger crew.

suss
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:Really? Wa-ay cooolll! :D :D :D

Their signature song addresses a practical solution to much of what is wrong with the world today... :twisted:
Die yuppie die?

He jumped on me at a party once. I try not to think about it. :shock:

paddy
Club Player

"JOSH Caddy is open to joining Geelong, St Kilda or North Melbourne after meeting with all three clubs, with the Cats in the strongest position to secure the 19-year-old Gold Coast onballer with its remaining Gary Ablett compensation pick.

The Suns must reduce their list size by four this year, then cut at least another three players to make their compulsory three picks at this year's draft. They are not looking to add too many players and have ruckman Tom Hickey also requesting a move to Melbourne.

While both the Saints and Roos will have first-round picks to offer, the Suns would be able to save the Cats' pick for next year or for the 2014 draft."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/g ... z28LOAZxwh

so by the looks of things, seeing as though they have to reduce their list, the geelong pick is probably preferable for them as they can wait a few years to see what they need before activating it

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we will snare caddy and hickey

#1 Ryder fan
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:I reckon we will snare caddy and hickey
I wonder if we snare Hickey whether that would sway Caddy given he seems fairly happy about any of the 3 clubs mentioned in dispatches.

Depends I suppose on whether they are mates at GC or just team mates.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:"JOSH Caddy is open to joining Geelong, St Kilda or North Melbourne after meeting with all three clubs, with the Cats in the strongest position to secure the 19-year-old Gold Coast onballer with its remaining Gary Ablett compensation pick.

The Suns must reduce their list size by four this year, then cut at least another three players to make their compulsory three picks at this year's draft. They are not looking to add too many players and have ruckman Tom Hickey also requesting a move to Melbourne.

While both the Saints and Roos will have first-round picks to offer, the Suns would be able to save the Cats' pick for next year or for the 2014 draft."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/g ... z28LOAZxwh

so by the looks of things, seeing as though they have to reduce their list, the geelong pick is probably preferable for them as they can wait a few years to see what they need before activating it
contary to what Saintbrat wrote

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:so by the looks of things, seeing as though they have to reduce their list, the geelong pick is probably preferable for them as they can wait a few years to see what they need before activating it
I think they would prefer the pick now, no point getting an 18 year old in 3 years if they ready to challenge… They've just lost 2 years of development in Caddy, so will want a replacement ASAP I reckon.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:I reckon we will snare caddy and hickey
I wonder if we snare Hickey whether that would sway Caddy given he seems fairly happy about any of the 3 clubs mentioned in dispatches.

Depends I suppose on whether they are mates at GC or just team mates.
I really don't think Caddy will have a say in the end, anyone would think he is Chris Judd by the way he touring facilities with a clipboard. :roll:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

goods wrote:if you live in brighton/sandringham how is the drive to seaford a long way?? its a 30 min drive I dont get it.
Why would a 19 year old from the Northern suburbs want to live in Brighton? Couldn't be more of a fish out of water.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

So are we still after Hickey too?

Why do Melbourne people think driving across town is so far, it's not.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
gringo
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:

Their signature song addresses a practical solution to much of what is wrong with the world today... :twisted:
Die yuppie die?

were you a yuppie at the time?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:Why do Melbourne people think driving across town is so far, it's not.
It was yesterday when the CityLink tunnels were closed. A few people at work were in the car for two hours in the morning.

No-one should ever let themselves in for a job where they have to drive across the city, it's just stupid. If you can't take public transport or cycle, then either get another job or move house.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

big word is that they wont accept geelongs compo pick as they will most likely be in the top 8 next year and possibly for the next few years making our pic stronger than what they could offer as the pick is determain on where geelong finish not the suns

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

suss wrote:

Die yuppie die?

Yep, that'd be the song... and the solution. :twisted:

Of course I take it that they are singing about the vacuous, self-absorbed hedonistic, lifestyle that is yuppiedom, rather than about the actual death of actual yuppies...(?) :wink:

Back to the thread: I'd be rapt if the Pelican could turn our picks 12 & 13 into Caddy, Hickey and Chip Frawley... all three would probably cost us little, or even less than, the cap space that Effn'dum are tieing up with BJ..., and as for on-field output... :lol:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Kernal75
Club Player

Greg Denham reporting on fox sports that Caddy is not interested in joining St.Kilda.

"After two seasons with the Suns, Caddy has requested a trade back home to Victoria and the Cats believe they are the favourites for his services, despite interest from a host of clubs. St Kilda says it is making a play for the highly regarded 20-year-old, but it is understood the Saints are not one of his preferred options."

If he aint interested lets turn our attention to someone who wants to join us!!!

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:Greg Denham reporting on fox sports that Caddy is not interested in joining St.Kilda.

"After two seasons with the Suns, Caddy has requested a trade back home to Victoria and the Cats believe they are the favourites for his services, despite interest from a host of clubs. St Kilda says it is making a play for the highly regarded 20-year-old, but it is understood the Saints are not one of his preferred options."

If he aint interested lets turn our attention to someone who wants to join us!!!

I believe Denham. :roll:

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Kernal75 wrote:Greg Denham reporting on fox sports that Caddy is not interested in joining St.Kilda.

I don't think it's up to him in the end. Gold Coast will deal with the team that looks the most likely to give them what they want in exchange. i would still think we are a very strong chance with what we are offering. Greg denham is an idiot and is footy's equivalent of Alan jones.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

We've had various reports from the media indicating:

* Caddy happy to join the Saints

* Caddy happy to join Cats, Roos or Saints

* St Kilda not Caddy's preferred destination.

Unless the kid or his Manager make an actual statement I suggest we just let this thing play itself out.

Superstar
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
goods wrote:if you live in brighton/sandringham how is the drive to seaford a long way?? its a 30 min drive I dont get it.
Why would a 19 year old from the Northern suburbs want to live in Brighton? Couldn't be more of a fish out of water.
Didn't Montagna move from the northern suburbs to Brighton after he was drafted.

sax
Club Player

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

He really is a picky little bastard isn't he. :roll:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

i forgot he's a free agent- he obviously has the right to nominate where he wants. Hope they send him back to the draft and he goes to the Dees as Karma.

sax
Club Player

I still think we should target Jacobs from Port.

I reckon he'd be better value & wouldn't cost as much!

He might not be as picky either!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77983

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
savatage
SS Life Member

Yeah I'll trust "staff writer" for my information.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:I still think we should target Jacobs from Port.

I reckon he'd be better value & wouldn't cost as much!

He might not be as picky either!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77983
yeah i would and after hearing this morning from someones who has seen Kobe Stevens at WAFL level, he says was dominating but couldn't understand WC not playing him. It sounds like Cripps has already moved back home so is the club shitting us or is he possibly staying? I still have a feeling we will get Caddy though. Pelchen will want to land some big trade to make good with the Goddard pick. He likes to find bargains so maybe he's sharking everyone and is going to do a big unexpected trade.