Geelong has joined the queue for Goddard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Geelong has joined the queue for Goddard

Old Mate wrote:
dragit wrote:
Sick Nal Danto wrote:One thing I know Geelong love is tall flankers with good kicking skills

Just look at Enright, Corey, Bartel, Menzel and Duncan

And Bj fits into that category
We prefer tall flankers that get run down and can't kick good…
Suck on these Geelong…
Clarke, Gilbert, Ray, Peake, Winmar,

Love the look of Menzel b.t.w. shame his knees have failed so far.
I wonder if we'll be any chance for his brother?
Menzel could easily slide to us seeing as though he's had similar injuries to his older brother.
It's a shame really. I haven't seen much of him, but from what I've heard he's close to the most talented player in this draft. If injuries weren't a concern would be snapped up in the top 5. The club who takes him could have an absolute star who slid because of injuries (Selwood) or they may have a highly talented junior who injuries restrict greatly (Gumbleton)

If we end up with two first round picks, which looks likely and I don't think we're going to get Caddy unfortunately, then I wouldn't mind seeing us draft a 'risky' player with one of our picks.

Stringer, Menzel and Garlett are the three players who are oozing talent and class but have question marks over them. If one of them is available come picks 12 and 13, I'd be pretty keen to snap them up and take more of a 'sure thing' with our other pick.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think Menzel has had 2 knee recos and is now on LARS so is truly risky but he is a gun when playing. I am probably a little more conservative and would look elsewhere as there are some good players this year that are a little safer. Someone like GC or GWS will risk the injuries as they have heaps of good kids if he doesn't come on.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I think Menzel did his knee again recently. I'd personally stay away from him. This is a bumper draft, you've got Whitfield, Grundy and Toumpas who are probably the standouts then another 15 or so top level juniors with not much between them. If we end up having two picks inside the top 15 then we should be able to obtain some real quality.