Is it over now?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is it over now?

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Essendon lost by the way.

I have picked 9 wins for the year. I was sure as soon as i said they were over the line they would lose. Need any other sides to lose next week?
Can you pick Geelong, Blues, Freo...

Have not made ip my mind on Roos and Dons...but I think pick Dons again.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The question: "is it over now?" is an interesting one. My answer to that would be the same as the answer I gave to the feral dog colondud monkey who remarked to me "going home already?" as I went up the aisle to the Gents' last night. (quote) "it'll be a cold day in hell when I lower my colours to the likes of you!" It's gonna be hard by God, but I am NOT ready to drop my bundle just yet. so my response to the OP is this: "If you want it, make it happen, get down to the G this week! lets encourage the boys to give Melbourne the biggest pelting they've had in years" (and a note to MCG catering staff: make sure you've plenty of pies and chips in stock! the Jiggster and grandaughter are coming...and we'll have appetites!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Essendon lost by the way.

I have picked 9 wins for the year. I was sure as soon as i said they were over the line they would lose. Need any other sides to lose next week?
Can you pick Geelong, Blues, Freo...

Have not made ip my mind on Roos and Dons...but I think pick Dons again.
I actually think we want Nth to keep winning.

They do that then Bombers drop again and Freo are also assured of a loss.

Crows MUST back up next week and roll Freo........they do that (and we beat Cats) and its on.

FWIW I rate our chances against Cats at Etihad.......we like the venue a lot and I still reckon the Cats are gettable.

It'll be tough but we are right in that game for mine.....Id be more nervous at G.

“Yeah….nah””
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Teflon, I like your attitude! Of all the sides in contention we are the one that has the POTENTIAL to beat ANYONE!!! At present, we're a work in progress (awful cliche I know :roll:) I BELIEVE we can beat Geelong (without necessarily EXPECTING to win) I thought last night that we'd give 'em a good game and we did. KEEP THE FAITH! This coach is no mug and is a quick learner who is going to bring glory to us! I've never felt so confident of anything at the club! Lyon almost got us to the peak, Watters will plant our flag on the summit!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
70s sainter
Club Player

Assuming we win all four games. I mean if we lose against Geelong or Carlton we probably dont deserve to be there anyway. We end up with 13 wins. Ive just done the ladder predictor again and its actually quite difficult for us not to make it with 13 wins and a decent %.
So its not over yet!!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

70s sainter wrote:Assuming we win all four games. I mean if we lose against Geelong or Carlton we probably dont deserve to be there anyway. We end up with 13 wins. Ive just done the ladder predictor again and its actually quite difficult for us not to make it with 13 wins and a decent %.
So its not over yet!!

Indeed. IF we win all 4. Cats are back in form. But if we do not win all 4 we would not do anything in the finals anyway.

One of the keys is that a number of the teams above us play each other, and so that keeps the door open. But we need to win all 4 and have not had such a winning streak all year.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

70s sainter wrote:Assuming we win all four games. I mean if we lose against Geelong or Carlton we probably dont deserve to be there anyway. We end up with 13 wins. Ive just done the ladder predictor again and its actually quite difficult for us not to make it with 13 wins and a decent %.
So its not over yet!!
We can actually finish as high as 6th if we win all 4. In one scenario, I had us playing the Eagles over here in the first final. I did this late on Saturday night and I was probably pissed.

Pies or Cats game was always going to be one that we were going to lose.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.