Tom Ledger

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom Ledger

BigMart wrote:Firstly

I said that about Cripps almost a year after he was drafted, don't merge the two to strengthen your point!

It was you who used the term 'dogged it' (quoting GT) when referring to what I said..... I simply said he stopped short of a contest.... Twice.... And stand by it, he's soft for an AFL listed player... So embellishing again, never mind...
Still yet to prove me wrong with that one are you, I know you're desperately wanting the kid to show something.... So yo can belittle me (on a fan forum of all things) problem is, I hope he does well too, doesn't change the fact he's struggled so far

Secondly

I have played footy since 1986 I have said many things in the heat of battle, you on the other hand have never and have absolutely NO idea of the language used, we are not umpires and are not sensitive to critisism, if you've never been in a contest or kicked a ball in anger, you may struggle to understand. Sometimes some pretty confronting things need to be said, but you wouldn't know that.
The types of players that need to hear that, are not usually the ones who 'smack people in the mouth' if there's truth to the comment they would/should accept it it.

Thirdly

I was guessing about Shneiders stats, knowing full well he has been our best front Half tacklers since 2009 and I remember him being highlighted for double figure tackles... But having laid 305 tackles in 75 games is a nice effort. Not far from the truth. Remember you read the whole thing wrong and made an arse of yourself.

Fourth

Lenny is yet to re-commit in 2013 to my knowledge. You've won that argument when or if he does. I am not he only one surprised by his ability to come back so well, in the same vote I also understand he has been running head to head and haven't been tagged in 2012. So his opponents performances are noted.
He has been great in 2012, does that alone mean he will play on??

Lastly
Do you know why you've not quoted
You're speaking rubbish!!
You did say Cripps dogged it when you mentioned another player wouldnt have dogged implying Cripps did. Sounds like you are to gutless to own up to that.

Now my footy career. How the hell would you know anything about it. Yes i umpire now and have for years but how does even slightly suggest I was no good or didnt play. You realise Bannister and Fisher umpire now I will have a guess they are slightly better than you even allowing for you huge ego.

As for Schneiders tackles and this is you to a tee, you make up or lie about figures to try and win arguments. In the end all it does is make you look stupid or a liar. Your choice on which one you want to be labelled.

As for Lenny it is nothing to do with winning any argument. even if he doesnt play next year you dont win because after about round 5 you said he will retire, no ifs or but only will. How do you know this if you now say he probably doesnt know what he is doing?

And I havent quoted because i am not looking up what i know you said. You can look things up if you like. I still want to know if you are a paine of glass.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thought I would get one quote for you BM. Now explain to me how this isnt saying Cripps dogs it.

Must training well????

One thing I know

Arryn Siposs doesn't dog a contest, and lack composure.... For one

I know that's hard on the lad, but he gets paid to play footy, he's a professional, trains everyday and when faced with his turn, he is not full committed to winning the ball, something he needs to understand.... It's a non negotiable...

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Thought I would get one quote for you BM. Now explain to me how this isnt saying Cripps dogs it.

Must training well????

One thing I know

I know that's hard on the lad, but he gets paid to play footy, he's a professional, trains everyday and when faced with his turn, he is not full committed to winning the ball, something he needs to understand.... It's a non negotiable...
He will get there though. His positives outweigh his negatives at the moment and when/if it changes he will go back to the reserves and improve and come back as a much better player.

Cripps looks nothing more than an average player at the moment. People forget his is the equivalent of pick 60 approx in a regular draft. Would we expect much of a pick 60?

No.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Thought I would get one quote for you BM. Now explain to me how this isnt saying Cripps dogs it.

Must training well????

One thing I know

He will get there though. His positives outweigh his negatives at the moment and when/if it changes he will go back to the reserves and improve and come back as a much better player.

Cripps looks nothing more than an average player at the moment. People forget his is the equivalent of pick 60 approx in a regular draft. Would we expect much of a pick 60?

No.

Cripps actually rated extremely highly in his year of draft camp. On an overall score which took into account a range of factors including attitude and ability he was in the top few. I have really high expectations from Cripps he is only a second year player who has had a poor run with his body so far and will improve. Siposs is a bolter and has come out from a ridiculously low pick and just looks set to be something special. The question was always if he could put the form he had from his junior days into the AFL and still dominate. looks like he might.

Q-TRAIN
Club Player

I was at the Sandy V Werribee match a few weeks ago and when i was on the ground at the QTR time huddle i noticed Ledger had some serious bandaging/ strapping around his waist & lower back???? Not sure if he's been 100% fit lately? But he has dropped off after some promising signs.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Cripps actually rated extremely highly in his year of draft camp. On an overall score which took into account a range of factors including attitude and ability he was in the top few. I have really high expectations from Cripps he is only a second year player who has had a poor run with his body so far and will improve.
This is in a very, very depleted draft pool though. I'm not sold at all on Cripps; all he has really done is come on as sub a few times and got on the end of some forward entries. His skills aren't what they're cracked up to be, he's not a particularly 'in and under' player and he doesn't rack up a lot of the ball. I'd love for him to come good, but if he was taken later in the draft then most would put his performances down to simply not being up to it.

Another pre season and more experience in senior footy might see a change, but right now I think he's a fair way down the list of players knocking on the door for senior selection, and I haven't seen many signs to suggest that will change.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Seems like that's saying Arryn Siposs will never 'dog' a contest..... Which he won't... Regardless of the use of age as an excuse

Implication now... You said that I actually SAID Jamie Cripps 'dogged' a contest.

Keep looking for the quote that says that...... Or retract I reckon

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hey P66

Have 25 beers and go for a drive....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
gringo wrote:Cripps actually rated extremely highly in his year of draft camp. On an overall score which took into account a range of factors including attitude and ability he was in the top few. I have really high expectations from Cripps he is only a second year player who has had a poor run with his body so far and will improve.
This is in a very, very depleted draft pool though. I'm not sold at all on Cripps; all he has really done is come on as sub a few times and got on the end of some forward entries. His skills aren't what they're cracked up to be, he's not a particularly 'in and under' player and he doesn't rack up a lot of the ball. I'd love for him to come good, but if he was taken later in the draft then most would put his performances down to simply not being up to it.

Another pre season and more experience in senior footy might see a change, but right now I think he's a fair way down the list of players knocking on the door for senior selection, and I haven't seen many signs to suggest that will change.

He's not an in and under type but wasn't ever recruited as one. He was considered a backline runner with pace when recruited. A rebound running defender in the Wojak, Tigh Kennelly, Harry o brien mould. He was brilliant as the forward sub last season and has fallen away a little but give him time. Most take a few seasons to get going. He's heaps closer than Winmar at this stage.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Two words about Jamie Cripps. Jack Darling. Smithers Elshaug will forever be haunted by that howler.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Junior
Club Player

Happy to be corrected, but thought it was John Peake that drafted Cripps.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Seems like that's saying Arryn Siposs will never 'dog' a contest..... Which he won't... Regardless of the use of age as an excuse

Implication now... You said that I actually SAID Jamie Cripps 'dogged' a contest.

Keep looking for the quote that says that...... Or retract I reckon

How gutless are you. You know by saying that you are implying Cripps dogs it. Good comment on go have 25 beers and drive. Now you are brain dead also. Are you a paine of glass?

If you are going to be all courageous and say something like that at least have the guts to say that you meant Cripps dogs. Gutless wonder. Hope you dont play footy like that or your mates would say you dog it which now I expect you do. Pathetic loser.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Two words about Jamie Cripps. Jack Darling. Smithers Elshaug will forever be haunted by that howler.

there are always Jack Darlings in every draft, Richmond nabbed Tambling over Buddy, Jack Riewoldt instead of Armo, everyone missed Simon Black several times. Fisher wasn't even worth listing where we took him. Some work out some are shockers some come from nowhere. Siposs is looking like inspired recruiting but Winmar isn't. Recruiting is still like picking racehorses, even when everything looks like it should fall a certain way things go wrong that can derail careers.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

BigMart wrote:Seems like that's saying Arryn Siposs will never 'dog' a contest..... Which he won't... Regardless of the use of age as an excuse
In the true SS tradition this thread is meant to be about Tom Ledger..., who I don't reckon would ever 'dog' a contest either...

Agree re Arryn also. Great prospect and name. Anyone named Arrons not gonna shirk... long history with the club I reckon...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Drink Drive - Bloody Idiot

Let's get the record straight..... Before we get all sooky about it

I said Jamie Cripps stopped short in two contests vs Frankston in mid 2011, and his attack on the footy was not hard enough.

You took offense and dismissed it (even though you never saw the game) and bought up the term 'dogging it' believing that I accused him of.... 'Dogging' a contest

There was a massive debate with many involved, some saying he was only young, some dismissive, some agreed.... I believe that courage does not need a birth certificate...

You again rattled on about Jamie being young and what I said was a poor accusation

I replied with "at least Arryn Siposs.....

And explained why I believed it was harsh but fair... And have not had my mind changed in the next 12 months

Since then you have carried on about me getting my head punched in for mentioning that to a player...... Which only demonstrates ignorance...

Anyways

Thanks for the nice words, very brave indeed....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ledger most certainly has a side/oblique injury. Has had for many weeks...

Not enough to keep him out, but annoying and a bit limiting.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Are you a paine of glass?
WTF is a "paine" of glass???

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Drink Drive - Bloody Idiot

Let's get the record straight..... Before we get all sooky about it

I said Jamie Cripps stopped short in two contests vs Frankston in mid 2011, and his attack on the footy was not hard enough.

You took offense and dismissed it (even though you never saw the game) and bought up the term 'dogging it' believing that I accused him of.... 'Dogging' a contest

There was a massive debate with many involved, some saying he was only young, some dismissive, some agreed.... I believe that courage does not need a birth certificate...

You again rattled on about Jamie being young and what I said was a poor accusation

I replied with "at least Arryn Siposs.....

And explained why I believed it was harsh but fair... And have not had my mind changed in the next 12 months

Since then you have carried on about me getting my head punched in for mentioning that to a player...... Which only demonstrates ignorance...

Anyways

Thanks for the nice words, very brave indeed....

Drink drive bloodt idiot. Thanks for that. Are you a paine of glass. You will not answer that.

Again you are lying about what I said. I never mentioned dogging it until you basically said it about Jamie. I would never use the term because it the worst thing you can say about player and i suggest you have never said it to a team mate ever. As I said you would be to gutless to say and I dont blame you. Terrible term about a player in a team you support.

Now please stop with the out and out lies or prove you are telling the truth. At least I proved I was telling the truth. Surely you arent that gutless. I cant hurt you over the internet. Now back to that paine of glass question.

By the way the Arryn Siposs comment was this year. Makes you story sound like a bigger lie. What would you expect though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
Are you back again. BM and Devilhead. Like 2 peas in a pod. Please go away.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
Are you back again. BM and Devilhead. Like 2 peas in a pod. Please go away.
Hey sorry Plug it was a joke - apologies if you didn't get it

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
Are you saying we should have drafted Jackson Paine plug?

Hindsighter :P

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
Are you saying we should have drafted Jackson Paine plug?

Hindsighter :P

In BM's defence there not that he will accept it, he did say we should have drafted Paine.
Last edited by plugger66 on Thu 26 Jul 2012 8:04am, edited 1 time in total.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Ledger has 10 clearances & 28 disposals on weekend but went at 30% effeciency. Which is little lower then usual (think is normally around 50-55% mark)

groupie1
Club Player

I think the confusion may stem from his form in the pre-season comp. Saints were woeful, he was one bright spot. Clearly our best over that 3 game journey.

For that reason it is difficult to understand why he wasn't selected in the first side.

Plus, all this competing with Hayes, NDS, Armo, Monty bulls***. Bollocks. All players are midfielders now. Ledger, deemed ready, comes in, listed at HFF, plays mid, allows Joey to also do a shut down role, along with CJ..... Ledger comes in for someone like Gram, who can't play at this level, and a little personnel reshuffle makes it work.

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

groupie1 wrote:I think the confusion may stem from his form in the pre-season comp. Saints were woeful, he was one bright spot. Clearly our best over that 3 game journey.

For that reason it is difficult to understand why he wasn't selected in the first side.

Plus, all this competing with Hayes, NDS, Armo, Monty bulls***. Bollocks. All players are midfielders now. Ledger, deemed ready, comes in, listed at HFF, plays mid, allows Joey to also do a shut down role, along with CJ..... Ledger comes in for someone like Gram, who can't play at this level, and a little personnel reshuffle makes it work.
I know it is hard for people with prejudice but Gram plays a role on small forward now. Bringing Ledger is doesnt help our backline. I dont think we want Joey playing that role. To valuable as a mid/ wingman.