"The Goose, The Goose, The Goose is on Fire!"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: "The Goose, The Goose, The Goose is on Fire!"

maverick wrote:Is it me or is it rather ironic to moan about not recruiting a 30 almost 31 year old when retiring off two club legends?
No, you're not alone :?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
maverick wrote:Is it me or is it rather ironic to moan about not recruiting a 30 almost 31 year old when retiring off two club legends?

The answer will be we were in flag mode then but not know. Ironically I think he started a thread the other day saying we may have one last shot at the flag if we do a few things. Obviously keeping 2 legends isnt part of it.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

The answer will be we were in flag mode then but not know. Ironically I think he started a thread the other day saying we may have one last shot at the flag if we do a few things. Obviously keeping 2 legends isnt part of it.
So at the end of '08 we were in flag mode, really?
I tremember much of the media had us falling, but hey they have no idea too.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

C'mon guys be a little bit accurate.

Firstly Ben Cousins was 29 when recruited to Richmond.... But age has nothing to do with it. It's value for money. How often can you recruit/add a brownlow medallist (albeit past his prime, as was Gardiner) to a star studded list at Zero cost on minimum wage. Could have been the cherry on top, or nothing... But what exactly were we risking?? My point is...

Lenny and Stephen will be 33 next season... One moment Brad Johnson was AA captain, the next he was struggling to train.
Lenny and to a lesser degree Milney (who really was struggling early in the season) do continue to perform, and Lenny has surprised many with his comeback from a second knee.
Lenny will go out when he believes he should and like Harves will be in consultation with the coach as to were the team is at. Milney will need to be tapped like Bakes was. It will be 2013 or 2014. That I will say with a fair degree of confidence.

Which thread did I start about having another shot next year the other day P66..... C'mon man, let's not be a bit loose in our info to make a point.... I have said in the past that this year was well worth a shot... If we pull up well short we need to reload. It's obvious we have pulled up well short and 4 teams have flown past us, whilst a couple of others remain well in front of us. And clearly stated recently to you... We will NOT win a flag with this list/team

In 2009 I think it's safe to say we were very much in premiership mode.... We and the dogs were the biggest challenges to the Cats and Hawks...We played off in the pre season and were looking good... We won the pre season in 08 and finished 4th in 08. Why would we be in SERIOUS trouble? seriously Mav
Roo 27, Sam F 27, Kos 27, Dal 26, Ball 26, Joey, 26, BJ 24, Ray 23, Schnieder 26, Gram 26, Milne 29, Hayes 29, Baker 29, Dempster 25, Gilbert 23, Clarke 23, Gardiner 30,

How does that list look to you...... And we all wonder in amazement how Ross the Boss was able to string some games together... I say a fit and healthy list all year, some great failings by Tim Watson and some good development by GT of an outstanding core in their prime helped.

Guys

Let's not confuse ourselves

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:C'mon guys be a little bit accurate.

Firstly Ben Cousins was 29 when recruited to Richmond.........

Guys

Let's not confuse ourselves
Nice start. He was almost 31 when he started at Richmond. Let's not confuse ourselves.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
paul napper

Oh oh

Sitting in a bar in Boston half a world away reading this !!!

The depth , the sophistication of the arguments about sweet nothing

Please gents some perspective . The verbage about nothing is laughable

Speculation about what , get a grip and live your sad pathetic lives

Why are you wasting moments on utter crap , you must feel incredibly important in your Internet world of self importance

At least enjoy the team and the season .

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

paul napper wrote:Oh oh

Sitting in a bar in Boston half a world away reading this !!!

The depth , the sophistication of the arguments about sweet nothing

Please gents some perspective . The verbage about nothing is laughable

Speculation about what , get a grip and live your sad pathetic lives

Why are you wasting moments on utter crap , you must feel incredibly important in your Internet world of self importance

At least enjoy the team and the season .
Stop readin' and start drinkin' :D

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So you're sitting in a bar, reading an Internet forum, probably on an iPhone so it's tough to read.... And you're casting judgement.

Here's a tip, go and buy a girl a drink.... Or meet some interesting people

One thing to bag a person sitting at home bored as f*** after work, entering in a discussion..... But we're not doing it abroad.

Must be having a great time??