Dunell to be promoted?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Richter
SS Life Member

Re: Dunell to be promoted?

Teflon wrote:Does this guy have the skills tomake an immediate impact?
Based purely on the VFL game I saw on the Telly, I'd suggest that Dunnell certainly has the skills.. great mark, fair kick, good footy awareness.... question mark would be over his size.. Whilst he was not pushed out of the contest, he looks slight... also not having many preseasons under his belt, maybe a question over endurance at this stage in his development... great that we'll all get to find out a bit more about him at the weekend...

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
St Loxton
Club Player

Congrats to Dunell. Does anyone know where i can find some footage of Sam in action? I havent see much at all, there is a little snippet of him for Sandy on the Saints site and couldnt find anything on you tube. Looks to be able to take a nice grab on what ive seen.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

In my mind a superb first outing from the boy. Looks every bit a player. Great skills overhead and kicking was a pleasure to watch. Sharp in tight and good pressure on the contested ball

#1 Ryder fan
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Super debut, could be anything with a couple more pre-seasons, still looking pretty rakey…
Has great poise and reads the game well, unfortunately he may have to make way for Jack/BJ returning.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I sincerely hope he gets another go next week. Sometimes you can just tell a player has got what it takes to make it. Siposs was the same last year. I hope they persevere with both. I can see Siposs, Stanley and Dunell forming a dangerous attack for years to come. Hopefully Markworth will come on as well. Throw in Saad and Terry and we're looking ok, medium to long term.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!