Upgrade CURREN to fill JONES's position!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: Upgrade CURREN to fill JONES's position!

borderbarry wrote:by dragit » Mon 25 Jun 2012 5:24pm

Wouldn't Ledger & Ross be in front of Curren for a midfield gig?

Well no. Curren is the one who has been getting amongst the best players consistently. He must be a long way in front of either of them,if he was on the Senior List that is.
Wouldn't take too much notice of who is getting in "the best players" in the VFL. Ray couldn't make it on the weekend and was clearly Sandy's best. Seems to be all over the place every weekend. Blokes getting in with a couple of possies and genuine good players missing out.

VFL BEST = KLOMP AWARD.

SS Hall of Fame

But Tommy Walsh was named in best last year every week and should have been played :P

But seriously, your better to check the Player Of Year award they post each week on Zebs website for more accurate account of who was the best. They do 3,2,1 each week. Although havent posted Round 12's results yet. Leaderboard after Round 11 is:

Senior Leaderboard:

10 - A.Cockie
7 - M.Cook
6 - B.Wilkes, F.Ray, S.Dunell
5 – T.Curren
3 – A.Siposs, J.Newnes, R.Clarke
2 – T.Ledger
1 – H.Shepheard, J.Ferguson, J.Cripps

Dev Squad Leaderboard:

10 – M.Stapleton
7 – M.Meehan
5 – J.Bruno
4 - S.Maley, T.Mavric
3 – C.Waller,J.Webster,C.Michaliades, SCameron
2 – S.Widdowson, J.Coleman
1 – D.Markworth, D.Brown

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Curren...... A skinny kid???

Surely you jest, or you haven't actually seen him live??

He would be one of the more solid players at StK, obviously works hard in the Gym.... Mini tank

He looks like a mini Sam Fisher in the upper body.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:PLUGGER if it was up to you we would still have Leowe, Harvey, Thompson and Bourke running around. Its called progressing and introducing new players to take us forward - not blind loyalty! The only player I have potted this year is McEvoy and I stand by my previous on him - he will never be a dominant ruckman! He simplty doesnt have the tools to improve...
Jones is needed in the team at the moment.. Curren is no hard tagger with CJs experience.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
stkfc1 wrote:I wouldn't mind Ray getting a shot in Jones role, as his skills are better. I don't think he's got the gut running CJ has, but he's smart and maybe being lead to the ball might get him into the game more, as he can fade in and out. Also if he's dragged into the opp F50, like CJ does, he's much better overhead.
I am a Ray fan....and he has shown in the past that he can tag.

It would be worth a shot.
He had a great game for the ZEBs last week. Would like to see him named this week for North.

Fortius Quo Fidelius