Clarke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Clarke

Was good in the last, but too many silly mistakes. He lacks awareness in delivery, and is simply to nervous when in possession . We have better, more reliable players coming through. Pity, but he ain't going to change eight years in.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

As soon as pressure is applied on the defence he is found wanting. He lacks the ability to work through that - Newnes is the future.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

luc1966 wrote:stupid thread grow some balls his played alright tonight i rekon
bang bang
i thought he went a tad better than just okay.....not our worst by a long shot...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Simpkin in Clarke Out

Buckets
SS Life Member

prwilkinson wrote:Simpkin in Clarke Out
Judging by what Scott said on SEN yesterday I reckon that will be the case. Think Raph's time in the backline is done. The remaining question is whether he can play elsewhere???

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Clarke will remain in the side and deserves to be.

Winmar
Club Player

I thought he was really good. Made a couple of mistakes, but so did lots of others.

I'm really, really sick of all the moronic Raph bashing.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Winmar wrote:I thought he was really good. Made a couple of mistakes, but so did lots of others.

The quality of mistakes get everyone offside.

Did you see the kick-out that dribbled out causing the ball in? It was awful and an 8 year professional should not bugger up so blatantly.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
Winmar wrote:I thought he was really good. Made a couple of mistakes, but so did lots of others.

The quality of mistakes get everyone offside.

Did you see the kick-out that dribbled out causing the ball in? It was awful and an 8 year professional should not bugger up so blatantly.
Really?
How about Kosi and his miss from 10 metres out, or the one two weeks ago?
What about five of Milnes' efforts, including the kick for goal he missed deep in the last that could of cost us the game?
Where are those threads?

Fact is the bloke is not a gun, he's not the first picked and he's not hard at it and as intense as others.
He has his own style and played a decent game.
Why we can't acknowledge that I don't know.

His kickout was terrible and like many others in the side, should not be allowed to take it, that error does not deserve the vitriol this site and other supporters throw his way......

Winmar
Club Player

His kick out was abysmal, but no worse than some other efforts. Steven's kick inboard in the third quarter which gave away a goal, Lenny kicking it to nobody on the half forward line. It's just that when Raph stuffs up it ends up with threads starting. So, so predictable.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:His kick out was abysmal, but no worse than some other efforts.
On a par with Milera's Metricon Stadium shocker :shock:

Saintersss
Club Player

Winmar wrote:His kick out was abysmal, but no worse than some other efforts. Steven's kick inboard in the third quarter which gave away a goal, Lenny kicking it to nobody on the half forward line. It's just that when Raph stuffs up it ends up with threads starting. So, so predictable.
The difference is those blokes have runs on the board. Sure Lenny didn't have a great game, but he has had about 8 very good games this season. Raph is playing for his spot every week, so he has to continue to be good.

Look he wasn't that bad and there were plenty worse, however he is unlucky in that he is playing in a position we have our most depth in. We have have so many HBF and unfortunately Raph is not in the best few and I don't think he is in the best back 6 or 22 when everyone is fit.

St Lenny
Club Player

Why is that every time there is a discussion about Clarke, people say, o but so and so played poorly or so and so did this. The discussion is about Clarke not other players.

To the top
SS Life Member

Where is the thread on Milne's errant handball at half-forward which resulted in a goal to Adelaide when it should have been us having a shot on goal?

And the set shot miss straight in front when we absolutely needed that goal to wrest the momentum. It was not as if Milne made the play or won the pill in a contest - the shot was gifted to him as a wide receiver which is how the majority of his goals are scored.

But most get on here and defend "Mr 2 goals a game" with a passion.

Then knock Clarke, or Gram or Koschitzke, who appear the whipping boys.

Get things into the correct perspective.

The weak links in our defence, exploited by Adelaide by playing thru their opponents, were Blake then Geary and Gwilt.

Gwilt has an excuse.

Blake and Geary and Milne do not.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Most on here have no idea. Raph is one of the best readers of the game going around. Unfortunately the majority only see the odd mistake and ignore all the positives he adds to the team, like intercepting the ball and breaking the lines. Open your eyes and give credit where it's due. I bet you're all horrified when we kick backwards, or scream kick it when there's nobody to kick it to.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:The guy is going to kill himself one day.

Lands on his head way too much.
Maybe maybe not.

Is it true what I've heard that aboriginals have thicker skulls (as in more bone mass) than caucasians or is that a myth??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Where is the thread on Milne's errant handball at half-forward which resulted in a goal to Adelaide when it should have been us having a shot on goal?

And the set shot miss straight in front when we absolutely needed that goal to wrest the momentum. It was not as if Milne made the play or won the pill in a contest - the shot was gifted to him as a wide receiver which is how the majority of his goals are scored.

The weak links in our defence, exploited by Adelaide by playing thru their opponents, were Blake then Geary and Gwilt.

Gwilt has an excuse.

There are plenty of threads on Milne so why mention that here. I know because you have a real problem. Should go the doctor to get treatment. I love your theories on certain players not having and having excuses. There isnt a theory. That is what I love. Anyway every week you are wrong with your selections. This is now week 72 in a row that you have been incorrect. Week 73 will be next game.

St Lenny
Club Player

Odd mistake, excuse me while I choke. Like I keep saying, if he is so good, why is he not in amongst the best players. Maybe because he's just not.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

He is not among our worse either. At least he can kick.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I noticed he lead the team in contested marks and showed a lot of courage throughout the game. At this stage in their careers I think he's ahead of Milera who also offers a bit of run. Clarke is also more versatile. I'd like to see him play further up the ground like Milera has and go back when needed.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SainterK wrote:The guy is going to kill himself one day.

Lands on his head way too much.
Maybe maybe not.

Is it true what I've heard that aboriginals have thicker skulls (as in more bone mass) than caucasians or is that a myth??
Couldn't possibly be as thick as yours… what is your heritage?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Where is the thread on Milne's errant handball at half-forward which resulted in a goal to Adelaide when it should have been us having a shot on goal?

Gwilt has an excuse.

You're a very strange unit…
Geary was one of our better players when he came on… gave us the drive that got us back in the game.
Talk about whipping boys, I would not like to see you around Milne, Gwilt, Geary and Scnheider with a whip. Even when they play well you get stuck into them, unbelievable.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Danny Frawley pinged him on coach killers for the mistake that led to Callinan's goal from the boundary line in the 3rd quarter. I was impressed with several things he did on Friday night. Some courageous contested marks, strong tackles and hard running to create. The problem with Raph is the difference between his best and worst is so vast. For all the good things he does, his clangers are so bad they draw our ire. When you couple that with his propensity to get injured (84-5 games in nine years), the frustration I feel is that he is an obviously unfulfilled talent. I applaud SW for giving him another chance, but I'm pretty sure it's his last. One more significant injury, or loss of form and he'll go the same way as Peake. Playing out the rest of his contract at the Zebs.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

Gwilt has an excuse.

You're a very strange unit…
Geary was one of our better players when he came on… gave us the drive that got us back in the game.
Talk about whipping boys, I would not like to see you around Milne, Gwilt, Geary and Scnheider with a whip. Even when they play well you get stuck into them, unbelievable.
He's probably right besides Geary though on this one. Milne's handball was the heartbreaker for me, we were breaking away and players spreading and just a simple handball straight to the opposition. Still Milney probably has had as many handball stats as Kevin Bartlett did -he's paid to kick goals. He looks very ordinary anywhere outside the forward 50 .

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Most on here have no idea. Raph is one of the best readers of the game going around. Unfortunately the majority only see the odd mistake and ignore all the positives he adds to the team, like intercepting the ball and breaking the lines. Open your eyes and give credit where it's due. I bet you're all horrified when we kick backwards, or scream kick it when there's nobody to kick it to.
Finally, I see some sense, totally agree.