Who gets McQualter?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who gets McQualter?

No offence intended here, but who cares what you recall?

I know what I said.

If there is anything I was consistent in questioning, it was the forward line and it's issues.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:No offence intended here, but who cares what you recall?

I know what I said.

If there is anything I was consistent in questioning, it was the forward line and it's issues.

So you said it. Cant recall you ever saying anything against our coach but who cares. Who should have played in the forward role?

elizabethr
Club Player

Shouldn't have been anyone ''playing in the forward role''as such.
what happened with Armitage when he was forced to play ther is proof enough of the futility of Lyon"s tactics!

nothing to say
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:Armitage looked average in an average side last year. The ball was coming out of our forward line too swiftly and hence our results in the first half of the season.

Do better with the insults sugarplumfairy

Armo played the same role as McQualter last year.

As for insults, wasn't attacking you, just your associates :P

BTW are you going to project once again this weekend by calling Dools a re virgin?

Admit it junior, your next will be your first :D
I am a lone ranger with no associates.

I am a highly-skilled lover.

I would not have the desire to attack Dooley if he did not attack some of our players whilst in an official capacity in the cheer squad. Pretty simple.

We will see what the weekend brings...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:I am a lone ranger with no associates.

This doesn't count mate.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:
I know what I said.
So you said it. Cant recall you ever saying anything against our coach but who cares. Who should have played in the forward role?
For mine, ideally someone who can chase, tackle, ay-and... set up and kick goals. If he was available, someone such as Ahmed would have been called for... if you are an opposition defender, Ahmed is very, very, very scary. Pleasing.

Go Ahmed!

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Mini did well in all the areas people claim to be interested in. He won a lot of hard ball, laid a lot of tackles and set up his teammates for scores. The fact that he's unpopular enough to still warrant this kind of hate thread shows just how little people actually pay attention to these things. For most footy fans it's raw possessions and goals. If you're not putting up 20 possessions a game or kicking the odd bag here and there then they'll want you dropped for a kid posting big numbers in the twos' midfield.

Mini was dangerous up forward in less obvious ways. He won about as much contested ball over 09/10 as Milne and Schneider even though he was targeted far less. He was third at the club in goal and score assists over 09/10. As far as I know, no forward in the league got more tackles over that period, so it's pretty safe to say that he applied a lot of pressure, which likely led to turnovers and goals which didn't show up on any stat sheet. He also rarely turned over the ball.

It shouldn't be a mystery as to why he was selected. I certainly don't understand why there's so much residual venom towards him. He worked hard and won the respect of his coaches and teammates. He obviously didn't do enough Dream Team to win over the yobbos in the outer.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I know what I said.

Now you are trending towards a recruitment, list management convo....

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

He's played 92 AFL games, which is 92 more than me, and I suspect most other Saintsational members. In GF1, he had 10 tackles. Such an effort would have been the stuff of legend had a bounce gone our way. No such luck for us or him.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I know what I said.

What role did Jack Steven play in rnd 19 2009? I remember he kicked a beauty for his debut game so I would have loved to have seen his energy and his speed surprise our opponents on the big stage. Armo played in rnd 19 that year as well and was one of our best and also kicked one that day. So, why wasn't Armo in any finals in 2009. I reckon Armo would have had an impact as a rotating mid.

In 2010, I would have loved to have seen our coach surprise our opponents with a speedy 200cm forward pocket lining up against Harry O (did Rhy also have bad groins?). There was no surprises and there was too much reliance on stopping the opposition instead of beating them. In the end we did neither. It was Lyon who stuffed up with his gameplan and team selections in both 2009 and 2010.
Last edited by Scollop on Sat 09 Jun 2012 12:41am, edited 1 time in total.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

This thread proves that even when you leave StKilda, some players still can't escape the ppl who follow footy purely to put someone down. Why anyone would care enough to start a thread to have a crack at a bloke who has left our club is staggering.

My point about him possibly being a good bloke (I wouldn't know) is that it's not as if he was a destabilising influence at the club, or constantly got into trouble bringing the club into disrepute as others have done in the past 3 years. He's just a bloke who wasn't a great player. There's no dramas about stating that fact, but some of the posts on here make you wonder if certain posters were nothing but bullies growing up. They feel good about putting others down - very little constructive criticism, just start a thread and hope a couple of other fools jump in bagging an ex player. How does he affect our club now? He doesn't. Why would anyone dislike him? Is it his his fault we didn't win back to back flags? Apparently - however, with all the players I've read on here who's fault it was we didn't win a flag in the last couple of years, I can't recall his name ever coming up. Suddenly now, it was all his fault :roll:

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:I am a lone ranger with no associates.

This doesn't count mate.
Do better. I expect better. I am disappoint.