Goddard on SEN, what did he say?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Superstar
Club Player

Re: Goddard on SEN, what did he say?

howlinwolf wrote:I heard the whole thing and didn't think anything he said pointed to him going or staying for that matter.
Just can't see how anyone would deduce that he is going from that interview ?
He is a serious and intense character. I don't think he'd suffer fools or innuendo well.
He said he thought all the media build up was laughable.
He said his management was in constant talks with StKilda. I would say they are trying to get the best deal for their client wherever that is.
It is all what I'd expect.
I agree with this, he basically said nothing.

Said nothing had changed was still speaking to the club about a deal. He didn't say anything that would inspire confidence that he was staying, but he certainly didn't say he was going.

Having said that you would prefer if he said some thing like - i'm staying the deal will be done.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Superstar wrote: Having said that you would prefer if he said some thing like - i'm staying the deal will be done.
Trouble with that is it's unlikely the Saints or any other club have put their final offers to him.

Bit hard to say "I'm staying" if it ends up being $500,000 pa vs $1,000,000 pa.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Superstar wrote:
howlinwolf wrote:I heard the whole thing and didn't think anything he said pointed to him going or staying for that matter.
Just can't see how anyone would deduce that he is going from that interview ?
He is a serious and intense character. I don't think he'd suffer fools or innuendo well.
He said he thought all the media build up was laughable.
He said his management was in constant talks with StKilda. I would say they are trying to get the best deal for their client wherever that is.
It is all what I'd expect.
I agree with this, he basically said nothing.

Said nothing had changed was still speaking to the club about a deal. He didn't say anything that would inspire confidence that he was staying, but he certainly didn't say he was going.

Having said that you would prefer if he said some thing like - i'm staying the deal will be done.
It would still mean squat.

Is that how you would negotiate selling your house or buying a car? For you sake, I hope not.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

That's the point isn't it? Whilst Goddard is trying to maintain his loyalty to St Kilda when in front of the camera he is still in the middle of negotiating the best deal for himself. He doesn't want to scare off large offers which may help him secure the best price from St Kilda....Or he chooses to leave.

One poster hit the nail on the head when he said Goddard wants to remain at the club however hasn't been offered a contract yet. I've heard the same thing. I'd imagine his expectations are not inline with the clubs....At this stage. Have a stellar season BJ. Have an impact and play a big role in the finals and we'll give you the money you're after. Continue along the same path you have last year and so far this year and you're nowhere near the top 2-3 paid players at the St Kilda FC.