Changes for Hawks game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

PJ
SS Life Member

Re: Changes for Hawks game

Blake is a defender - how does bringing in Kosi and Sipposs help - and don't say Wilkes can go back because that would just defeat the whole purpose of having him in.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
spert
Saintsational Legend

If Wilkes is fully match- fit I'll go jump..never seen so much puffing and panting from a senior player after going to the bench. I think he needs a bit more time in the VFL yet, but he will be handy in September. Polo did a good job when he came on the other night and really pushed the ball forward from strong contesting when needed. I think Cripps might make way for someone. So Out: Wilkes, Cripps In: Kosi and ?? I'm still not convinced that Siposs has the goods, so maybe a run for Ledger?

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:If Wilkes is fully match- fit I'll go jump..never seen so much puffing and panting from a senior player after going to the bench. I think he needs a bit more time in the VFL yet, but he will be handy in September. Polo did a good job when he came on the other night and really pushed the ball forward from strong contesting when needed. I think Cripps might make way for someone. So Out: Wilkes, Cripps In: Kosi and ?? I'm still not convinced that Siposs has the goods, so maybe a run for Ledger?
Handy in September?
Youthat sure Sandy will make finals?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
andrewg
Club Player

Out - gram
In - Siposs

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:If Wilkes is fully match- fit I'll go jump..never seen so much puffing and panting from a senior player after going to the bench. I think he needs a bit more time in the VFL yet, but he will be handy in September. Polo did a good job when he came on the other night and really pushed the ball forward from strong contesting when needed. I think Cripps might make way for someone. So Out: Wilkes, Cripps In: Kosi and ?? I'm still not convinced that Siposs has the goods, so maybe a run for Ledger?
problem with that is I dont think Wilkes will get AFL match conditioned in VFL - its a different game/speed and I dont think you can keep plonking him back into AFL at some finals time?

Hes earnt his spot - delivered in a tough key fwd role adds another dimension to fwd pressure/physicality. Play him in Blakes spot back (cant be slower than Blake right now) and IF/when Kosi goes walkabout for a qtr or 2 shift Wilkes fwd, sub Kosi and bring on another runner.

“Yeah….nah””
andrewg
Club Player

Out - gram
In - Siposs

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

No possible way Gram will get dropped.
Kozi back in, maybe Blake out?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
andrewg
Club Player

Ledger is smashing down the door for selection though. He was amazing in a tight finish against collingwood, won crucial clearances under pressure. Too many people here are focused on the now.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Id alsolike to see Ledger in - reckon he'll step up on a bog stage and we need all pace/clearance help we can muster.

Polo out for Ledger?

“Yeah….nah””
noob
Club Player

Could put kosi in and maybe give cripps a proper break and make stanley the sub. Or does a sub mainly have to be a midfielder or some other description?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:borderbarry wrote:
In Kosi and Sipposs.

Out. Polo.. Blake.

Yes agree :)

but add also: out cripps - in ledger
ding ding ding

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like Wilkes is going out for Kosi.

I heard Watters on SEN saying Kosi is in the best form in five years ... which is true. Needs to keep it up.

footynut
Club Player

You'd think Blake would be out due to the injury to his knee (plus his poor performance)
I'd also give Cripps a rest in the VFL to continue his devlopment (make him realise that he needs to work harder in the AFL)
and
Bring in Kosi and ledger.

Siposs will be a good player in time, but for those that have suggested that Siposs should come in for Gram. Gram played alright for someone returning after injury, and he needs to be given a few games to prove whether or not he can live up to the expectations of Scotty Watters.

Megamaguire
Club Player

samuraisaint said...in reference to Saints pulling big crowds "Remember the Night premiership 96 against Carlton - 70,000 yelling Saints barrackers". I certainly do, near the end of the last Qrt. i a mate pointed out that we had been sprayed with beer from a bunch of carlton fans sitting behind us. They had left sometime after the first Qrt. when they probably realised how one-eyed we were that night. It was a beautiful evening at Waverley that night.

I also remember 'that' game against Richmond at Waverley too 77,000+ it seems. We had to sit on the concrete steps to see the action close up. Great atmosphere that day -the Saints came back strong to win. Up there with the win against Collingwood in the finals showdown in 1993,
Plugger was fantastic!

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

andrewg wrote:Ledger is smashing down the door for selection though. He was amazing in a tight finish against collingwood, won crucial clearances under pressure. Too many people here are focused on the now.
When he debuted along with Simpkin?

First of all the match was tight for about a quarter and a half before Cloke molested Zaccy-baby and then poor kicking stopped the Woods' from hanging us a 70/80 point loss.

Whilst Ledger looks good he was hardly amazing.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

redeener I suggest that andrewg was actually talking about sandy's game against the pies second side. Was very good in that final quarter and would give us some depth. Sipposs could come in for blake and either play off half back (lovely long kick) or take a wing and send gilbo back.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Solar wrote:redeener I suggest that andrewg was actually talking about sandy's game against the pies second side. Was very good in that final quarter and would give us some depth. Sipposs could come in for blake and either play off half back (lovely long kick) or take a wing and send gilbo back.
Well that makes sense. Apologies people...as you all were