Mike Sheahan retiring

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
evertonfc wrote:He'll be missed as the HS don't have a natural replacement, IMO.
Surely it can't be that hard to find someone who states the obvious and regurgitates 3 week old rumours...don't they have a water cooler at the HS?
Yeah and thats what Mike does :roll: :roll: He probs said 1 bad thing about the club and is now a crap journo.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
degruch wrote:
evertonfc wrote:He'll be missed as the HS don't have a natural replacement, IMO.
Surely it can't be that hard to find someone who states the obvious and regurgitates 3 week old rumours...don't they have a water cooler at the HS?
Yeah and thats what Mike does :roll: :roll: He probs said 1 bad thing about the club and is now a crap journo.
And that's why he's giving it away.....tabloid journalism is rife and Sheahan is a dinosaur.....that profession is the pits.....they all peddle shite...WGAF....

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
degruch wrote:
And that's why he's giving it away.....tabloid journalism is rife and Sheahan is a dinosaur.....that profession is the pits.....they all peddle shite...WGAF....
No i think he is giving it away because he has got to a stage in his life where he wants to try other things.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
degruch wrote:
No i think he is giving it away because he has got to a stage in his life where he wants to try other things.
as i said...WGAF...one hack goes...another takes his place

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
degruch wrote:
He was hardly a hack.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
degruch wrote:
He was hardly a hack.
he had plenty of hack moments.....he wont be missed...he'll step aside and let some twerp with a handle on thesaurus have his turn at bat...give you someone else to idolise...... :lol:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Saint_in_SA wrote:what a life, being paid wads of cash for forty years for WRITING and TALKING about men chasing and kicking leather through sticks.. great gig. Didn't do one pre season or get injured himself, but is able to fire pot shots at blokes indiscretions ad nauseum..
Actually I think he was quite a useful player for Werribee in the (then) VFA.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Of course he is a hack. They all are. It makes so much sense. Strange that people know they are hacks. Sounds like they read the articles. I take it those who read and then complain are the same who watch all the TV show and then ring up about the language or who go a restaurant and eat all the meal and then tell the chief it was no good. I find those type of people such a delight to be around. They are a barrel of laughs.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mike Sheahan retiring

stinger wrote:
SainterK wrote:No more puff pieces on the Saints, no more expecting positive love to flow the clubs way anymore, no more favours, no more admiration for our players and officials.....

Cliche riddled dribble won't be missed at all.....

and thank the lord for that.....

:wink::wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Of course he is a hack. They all are. It makes so much sense. Strange that people know they are hacks. Sounds like they read the articles. I take it those who read and then complain are the same who watch all the TV show and then ring up about the language or who go a restaurant and eat all the meal and then tell the chief it was no good. I find those type of people such a delight to be around. They are a barrel of laughs.
That's all fine, but there's very limited choice for quality analysis. I often find it's either read and disagree or don't read at all. More often than not I find myself stopping after the match reports...

The very simple fact is that the AFL has blanketed the game with it's own peculiar of protectionism. That's trickled down to to the clubs who simply exist either as marketing departments for the code at large or deflectors of (non) scandal. They are forced to perform this function in order to attract their own sponsors and keep the Kings and Queens at AFL House in the good paddock. No surprises there.

The papers are staffed by lazy media release cut and pasters or tawdry gossip chasers or galoots who spend three years at uni to learn how to ask questions like 'So that was a great win how do you feel?".

As for Mick, like most of his ilk, I probably won't even notice he's not there.

I mean what do these people really add other than midweek puff?

You're better off waiting until the end of the year and reading The Footy Almanac... At least it's got a bit of honest soul...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
degruch
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Glad you figured it out. :wink:

By 'the club', which one? I'm sure he's regurgitated month old rumours and stated the obvious about all 18 by now.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Of course he is a hack. They all are. It makes so much sense. Strange that people know they are hacks. Sounds like they read the articles. I take it those who read and then complain are the same who watch all the TV show and then ring up about the language or who go a restaurant and eat all the meal and then tell the chief it was no good. I find those type of people such a delight to be around. They are a barrel of laughs.
Do people find you a delight to be around or are you more like the ultimate cure for insomnia....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Do people find you a delight to be around or are you more like the ultimate cure for insomnia....
Do you actually say anything at all. I dont know why I asked that question. The answer is obvious. No. You have nothing to say. You are the ultimate boring person. I did see one thing you did today. You know how to cut and paste. Wow. At least you learnt something at primary school.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

What a fruit loop :roll: