Dawson Gone!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:To be fair, quite good at these...

However on most occasions it resembled this...

Yeah, but when he missed they invariably resulted in goals, and often not to his direct opponent, hence people think he did his job, when he just gave the opposition opportunities.
And considering that first one would correctly be called as a free kick, not a great example :P

They walk amongst us...

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Whats with the notion that Zac n Clarke are top spoilers? Too often one would go up third man up only for the ball to fall over the back of the pack to the advantage of the oppostion. If u go up to spoil you do not I repeat do not let it fall to the back of the pack.

Now thats off my chest, I wonder what draft pick he would be worth? Hopefully a club shows interest in him and scares freo to use one of their earlier ones. Got to laugh as they played hardball and missed Mitch then end up paying overs for Zac. I wish we hadve gotten that last minute deal done for him. So much for the most untrustworthy bloke in the afl not wanting any players from his old club. I wonder how an anchor fits in a bubble

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:And considering that first one would correctly be called as a free kick, not a great example :P
It is though, that is what he did....and he got away with it an awful lot, which was good.

I mean, the time he knocked out Buddys tooth, how that was not a free kick?

If you type his name into aflphotos, most of his spoils are free kicks that weren't :wink:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
HSVKing wrote:And considering that first one would correctly be called as a free kick, not a great example :P
It is though, that is what he did....and he got away with it an awful lot, which was good.

I mean, the time he knocked out Buddys tooth, how that was not a free kick?

If you type his name into aflphotos, most of his spoils are free kicks that weren't :wink:
Now would be a really good time for the umps to start evening things up :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

2 comments

At Hawthorn Dawson had an immature body and was well beaten by the best; At St.Kilda Dawson developed an immature mind and rates himself higher than his abilities actually are.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/f ... z1dorUewYO

:wink: 8-) ...about right

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:At Hawthorn Dawson had an immature body and was well beaten by the best; At St.Kilda Dawson developed an immature mind and rates himself higher than his abilities actually are.
Hope he likes these...

They walk amongst us...

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Zac a great spoiler? So thats all we are losing, a great spoiler....lol. We wont miss him.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Zac a great spoiler? So thats all we are losing, a great spoiler....lol. We wont miss him.
You call that a great spoiler?

This is a great spoiler 8-)

Rosco
Club Player

^ wow

that's a bigger spoiler than finding out vader is luke's father before empire strikes back

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think all the people that bag Zac are going to notice the hole a lot more when we play against the Hawks (and any other star tall fwd in the afl) and start asking - oh so who plays on Buddy again

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Zac is gone? When the fk did this happen? :shock:

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I think all the people that bag Zac are going to notice the hole a lot more when we play against the Hawks (and any other star tall fwd in the afl) and start asking - oh so who plays on Buddy again
Crap

Another opportunity awaits!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I think all the people that bag Zac are going to notice the hole a lot more when we play against the Hawks (and any other star tall fwd in the afl) and start asking - oh so who plays on Buddy again
I bet no-one even notices he's gone, when we beat those teams with star tall forwards, whoever they may be.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

good to see Lyon stirring up the frenzies at Freo with such exciting picks on the horizon; Dawson, Dick... where does it end?

thing about Dawson was when he launched he glued his eyes to the ball, if only that was the case on the ground.

Simpkin is a spoiling goliath. And won't be surprised when Archer takes on the big boys down back.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Agree.

Zac may have been a d!ckhead off field but did an excellent job at FB.

Let's hope we draft some smokey instant gun FB. Yeah and that is likely.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not sure v Hawks is a good example this year, in Rd 8 Buddy booted 5/5 v St Kilda.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Reckon Jimmy Gwilt could make a fair fist of it 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
Out to at least R5 and then it takes a season to get back to their best (see Dempster)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saint patrick wrote:
Out to at least R5 and then it takes a season to get back to their best (see Dempster)
Fair call Joff..yeh Dempster..even Gilbert ..has the pace and height ...Zac will not be missed as much as people fear IMHO 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm a massive fan of Jimmy, but people have to stop including the fro as part of his height 8-)

He is only 188cm, the fro is a good 15cm though, and people seem to think he literally is pushing 200. :)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
saint patrick wrote:
Fair call Joff..yeh Dempster..even Gilbert ..has the pace and height ...Zac will not be missed as much as people fear IMHO 8-)
Its not his loss per se, it is the overall depth in the backline that concerns me.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:To be fair, quite good at these...

However on most occasions it resembled this...

Sure, he could spoil alright. Yet how often would you see him have the balls to take a mark, even when it was within his range?

He was all part and parcel of RL's negative game plan.

Good Riddance to it!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Actually, I think you will find they were all told to fist it.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Actually, I think you will find they were all told to fist it.
Oh SainterK, that did not come out sounding good :oops: :lol:

But yeah, I know where you're coming from. RL wanted that from all our defenders. Dawson just seemed to stand out the most (apart from maybe Dempster) as being a stalwart to the ultra defensive style of game instructed by RL.

Seeing the back of Dawson in a way is sort of symbolic of us moving on to another era and under new regime.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
SainterK wrote:Actually, I think you will find they were all told to fist it.
Oh SainterK, that did not come out sounding good :oops: :lol:

But yeah, I know where you're coming from. RL wanted that from all our defenders. Dawson just seemed to stand out the most (apart from maybe Dempster) as being a stalwart to the ultra defensive style of game instructed by RL.

Seeing the back of Dawson in a way is sort of symbolic of us moving on to another era and under new regime.
No other team would take Dawkson apart from Fremantle. He is slow of mind and short on ability

Another opportunity awaits!