Is Roo’s reign as skipper coming to an end?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

By his players.....I reckon NR is the most respected captain in the AFL

Leads by example.....an absolute champion.... very confident person
which #1 draft pick stepped straight into AFL footy (after a serious knee) and handled the pressure as easily as NR?? Within 2 years was a senior B&F....within 4 years a Dual B&F, All Aust, AFL MVP.....and all of this as a KPP (CHF to boot)

Not sure why we even question him??? I cannot see where he has put a foot wrong....except having a down year last year, where he battled
Poor delivery...as we well know
Poor ball movement....as we know
Two/three opponents....as we know

not sure the captaincy is weighing him down, or the demands of playing as a lone striker in a purely defensive team, who is expected to deliver miracles.....His strengths have been totally quashed by the structure, tactics, selection, game style
on the other hand...it made our defenders look like guns....

For a lot of years our performances have rested on the shoulders of NR and for many years he has delivered....to the point we take it for granted that he should dominate.....in an era of stoppage footy...that is impossible...

Lenny Hayes is a wonderful leader....wonderful player
At 32 making him captain would make no difference to him.....and no difference to the team....he already leads within the group
Lenny in my eyes, is very similar to Rob Harvey.....very loyal, humble, a bit shy and lets his deeds do the talking....which is why he is highly respected
He is a commanding presence on the field.....
is he a confident figure off it....

Goddard
Does he handle pressure well???

I think he is still very concerned with his own performance and the team reliance on him.....he is the best natural footballer...is he the best team man
Is he a born winner...what has he won??

I absolutely believe Kosi is a fantastic leader.....I think he blossoms with leadership and responsibility.....and people are drawn to him....
Pity he struggles to make the team...

Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

IF BJ becomes captain, you would think the club would have learnt whether BJ was to stay or not; it would be an untenable situation with him being appointed captain at the beginning of the season only to leave at the end (a PR disaster)...so logic would say if he is picked the club would have the full assurance that he would be staying permanent.