Why is Dawson being touted as trade bait?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbob
SS Life Member

GOP at best, so why wouldn't he be trade bait???

saintnick12
Club Player

Really surprised at the lack of respect from our supporters for Zac.

It's like he has never been able to shake that image of the kid who was left to play on Rocca while goal after goal was kicked all those years ago. His mistakes seem to be highlighted and ridiculed much more than other players. He seems to be more harshly looked upon because he is unfashionable and a bit "dorky". He seems to me to be the type that might have been bullied at school. Interestingly, he seems to be popluar within the group though.

He's not that young kid who was monstered by Rocca anymore and generally does really well on the opposition's key forward. Hasn't given away too many goals to his man either. Gives away a few too many frees for my liking but the positives certainly outway the negatives. He also has shown that he can pinch hit as a forward if needed, something that might be explored further if we devlelop other options for fullback. Apparently played quite well as a forward in the VFL before being drafted by us.

He has stood up in a lot of really big games, and played really well in the finals last year.

Rumour has it that Zac is after more than the saints are offering and there has been some other interest. That's been the word for a while now but hasn't progressed any in trade week.

I, for one, hope we keep him. He will be a lot more difficult to replace than most people think.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Pelchen doesn't rate him - GAWN

saint6
Club Player

Would love to see Zac playing up forward and taking those spectacular marks that he is capable of. Having said that we really dont have anyone to replace him at full back at this point in time. All of those who think that we should get rid of him need to come up with a viable option to replace him.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

saint6 wrote:Would love to see Zac playing up forward and taking those spectacular marks that he is capable of. Having said that we really dont have anyone to replace him at full back at this point in time. All of those who think that we should get rid of him need to come up with a viable option to replace him.
I'm not saying that we should get rid of him however if a few players are squeezed out due to the salary cap then I reckon he's one that St Kilda will let slide out.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
savatage wrote:Not sure why he'd pop out with a big manly physique suddenly next year guys...a lot of wishful thinking there!
Of course he wont but it doesnt stop some thinking you just do weights and look like Tarzan.
Ur a total douche plugger. Clrarly never played sport.
U can make large improvements in strength if u train and eat smart and hard. If u haven't seen people do it u have never played sport at any level.
I have a simple question for you then Con. Why hasnt he put on weight so he looks like Tarzan. Now that is an easy one. Just give us an answer to that. And what playing sport at any level has got to do with this is beyond me.
well he was sick one pre-season i believe?
also some players are notorious for not taking weights/gym sessions seriously.
i have no idea if this is the case for zac. just saying.
but my simple answer is - he aint training hard/smart enough in the gym and eating enough protein.
heck id have him on the hgh!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
St Ick wrote:afl.com.au article stating RL not interested in any former Saints players.
Some cruel people might suggest Ross wasn't that interested in certain St Kilda players while he was still at our club :wink:
Do you know how happy some of our young guns are now Ross has walked? Some including the much talked about lunch and Walsh have said they would not have stayed if Ross was still with us
Blessing in disguise
By the way I heard a number of clubs have shown interest in Walsh but we have played a straight bat and said he is well and truly off limits
I am sure plugger will say this is all bulls*** but I say it as I hear it
Lyon was a dead set flog.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The one thing that Irish families instil is loyalty. They are as a vast generalisation very loyal to family, friends and club. Well maybe I have just known the good ones? Gaelic football is still like the old days where you are born to clubs and follow them until death. Hopefully the big Tommy gun will get to show us some of his 6 goal hauls in the big league next season.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Dunno why, but hasnt come close to reaching the peaks of 09 for mine. Shadow of the player he was that year.