Saints set to begin interviews

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Eastern wrote: I do believe that we have an exceptional interview panel in place and I trust them to come up with the ABSOLUTE BEST coach available !!

If the St kilda board's coach selection committee consisted of Mr Bean, Forrest Gump, Gomer Pyle, Laurel and Hardy, Abbott and Costello, The Two Ronnies, The Three Stooges and Monty Python's Flying circus, you'd still be congratulating/brown nosing the board for putting such an exceptional interview panel in place!

:roll:
Your challenge

Name a better panel or put up or shut up !!
Think he did mate :)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
linz
Club Player

I would like new blood along with experience in our next coach.
Premiership experience also necessary.
I reckon Ken Hinkley would provide both. If we could get Ayres as an Assistant; cream on the cake.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:We could always have a dip at getting this dude in:

Sounds Rodney Eadish...
No tks to Hinkley - so great a coach when 4 jobs were up recently he wasnt even mentioned but apparently hes great for us???

Blight yes man - no tks.

“Yeah….nah””
wasoncestkil58
Club Player

I just want to know if they won??

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote:I read that article and my thougths were...

Ray and Jones for Barlow...
I just posted that on the Saints board in BF, before reading this..........
For that deal I would trade both (otherwise Broughton + Suban)
Edit: not that I want either Ray or Jones traded

Seeing as Barlow (along with Bail) did the 2009 pre-season at the Saints but was overlooked :oops:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Thu 29 Sep 2011 2:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stand your ground :shock:
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Leave Hinkley on the Gold Coast to follow GAblett and his buddy Blight around.....

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Part of the 10...?

Watters
Alan Richardson
Rob Harvey
Cameron
Sumich
Hinkley
Mark Harvey
Eade

Left field: Prescott, German, Roos, Bomber Thompson....

Tudor, Burns and Goodwin are supposedly not interested in senior coaching for now, and Choco Williams has not been contacted.

therabbitinthehat
Club Player

MCG-Unit wrote:Tudor
is currently in Melbourne and not being interviewed, at least that's what a fairly reliable source told me. He's also got a 3 year contract with Sydney, not that that means much nowadays...

Goddard Magic
Club Player

In view of the club's recent history, a strong, experienced and mature coach is necessary. Eade ticks all the boxes and is streets ahead of any of the other candidates.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Goddard Magic wrote:In view of the club's recent history, a strong, experienced and mature coach is necessary. Eade ticks all the boxes and is streets ahead of any of the other candidates.
I could definitely live with Eade as coach.

Has a track record of getting the best out of teams and i'd prefer that than some untried novice, particularly with this group.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Goddard Magic wrote:In view of the club's recent history, a strong, experienced and mature coach is necessary. Eade ticks all the boxes and is streets ahead of any of the other candidates.

Has a track record of getting the best out of teams and i'd prefer that than some untried novice, particularly with this group.
I reckon Eade had a game plan, that didn't work.

He may be the type of guy that needs a year off to watch the game from the outside to come up with something new.

I tend to think that getting him now, we'd also be getting his flawed and outdated ideals about footy that didn't work.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

He may be the type of guy that needs a year off to watch the game from the outside to come up with something new.

I tend to think that getting him now, we'd also be getting his flawed and outdated ideals about footy that didn't work.
The defensive stuff has been drummed so well into this group by Lyin' that it has become sort of innate. At least we know Eade teams can kick goals.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

The defensive stuff has been drummed so well into this group by Lyin' that it has become sort of innate. At least we know Eade teams can kick goals.
If you want a lot more goals from us expect bigger losses. Our skills arent good enough to continually take risks. Eventually you will turn it over more often than not. With our skills we have to think defensively first.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

therabbitinthehat wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:Tudor
is currently in Melbourne and not being interviewed, at least that's what a fairly reliable source told me. He's also got a 3 year contract with Sydney, not that that means much nowadays...
Not being interviewed, ok then. I heard he was not interested in senior coaching yet, that's why I did not list him as a possible part of the ten.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

If you want a lot more goals from us expect bigger losses. Our skills arent good enough to continually take risks. Eventually you will turn it over more often than not. With our skills we have to think defensively first.
Maybe the new coach can coach the skill errors out of the team. It might have something to do with recruitment?

Another opportunity awaits!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Our skills arent good enough to continually take risks. Eventually you will turn it over more often than not. With our skills we have to think defensively first.
It will be interesting to see how the players respond to someone who doesn't think defensively always. They might surprise you.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I think we play out our best with broken shackles....

There are plenty of examples of games where we had to take risks and move theball with speed to score and we dominated....

When we move it as slow as treacle and s*** kicks have to kick over the mark to leads in trafiic we fall down..

Quick ball movement aids
Riewoldt, peake, gram, gilbert, schnieder, milne, montagna, steven, kosi

PJ
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:I think we play out our best with broken shackles....

There are plenty of examples of games where we had to take risks and move theball with speed to score and we dominated....

When we move it as slow as treacle and s*** kicks have to kick over the mark to leads in trafiic we fall down..

Quick ball movement aids
Riewoldt, peake, gram, gilbert, schnieder, milne, montagna, steven, kosi
I suspect your last line is on the money - these guys look better at speed rather than when pin point kicking is in use. If speed of movement is employed I also suspect a few like Blake could struggle getting a game.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I agree with BM also

:shock:

:o

:wink:

Munga
Saintsational Legend

I think Watters is where it's at

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

So we may end up with a Scott after all .. of the Watters variety.
Watters .. there's a nice flow to that.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Munga wrote:I think Watters is where it's at
Me too.

I really really hope he is our coach.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

As many have commented previously (me too), in view of the internal problems within the Club, a mature Coach who "has been there, done that" may be the best fit right now. However, a young, smart Assistant coach could be a better longer term appointment.

Perhaps a mix of say a Watters (coach)/Eade (mentor) combination could work and may be the best result. Eade on a shorter 2 year contract.

Ross who?
Club Player

Junction Oval wrote:As many have commented previously (me too), in view of the internal problems within the Club, a mature Coach who "has been there, done that" may be the best fit right now. However, a young, smart Assistant coach could be a better longer term appointment.

Perhaps a mix of say a Watters (coach)/Eade (mentor) combination could work and may be the best result. Eade on a shorter 2 year contract.
+ 1 :D

Heard Watters interviewed the other day. Extremely knowledgable and came across very well indeed.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Ross who commented :
Heard Watters interviewed the other day. Extremely knowledgable and came across very well indeed.

........... but can he handle the bulls*** & "politics."