Raph has to go...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintSimmo
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:I sat near a St Kilda fellow last night who just bagged Raph at every opportunity.

Sad thing is, his two kids, young girls, also were getting stuck into him. Get Raph off, etc, etc.

Not a good role model.
You should be able to understand why he is bagged. he got runned down at least 2-3 times last night, and just looks out of it as soon as he gets the ball.
He makes me cringe every time he gets the ball.

Sainter for life.
linz
Club Player

ttufc7 wrote:I have been a Raph sympathizer from the start I've always felt bad for him. How is a player supposed to grow in confidence when everytime he gets his hands on the football there is an audible groan from the crowd. But tonight I finally ran out of patience. No other player in the AFL gets run down rebounding out of the defensive 50 more than Raph. His decision making process seems to be much too slow to keep up with the pace of AFL football.
I agree totally. It was such a bad performance by Raph. My pie was cold at half time, the bloody Pakenham line train was late and WE LOST. To cap it off the bloody papers weren't delivered this morning and I've got constipation. THANKS FOR NOTHING RAPH. It's all your fault.!!!!

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Joffa ..respect you mate but the race thing is just not the case.Raph has some ability but too often turns the ball over..ttufc7 commented that when he gets the ball there is a collective groan ..well it doesn't happen without a good reason.His being run down at the start of of the 09 GF did it for me..can't blame him for that loss but that was instrumental in getting the cats up and running and a gimme goal to start in what was basically a 1 point result is significant.
If its racial then why wasn't Nicky Winmar senior treated the same way?
Just accept that some of us think that Raphs worst outweighs his best..can't doubt his heart but it has to be more than that.Certainly not on his own lately but not in our best 22 going forward in my [ and others ] opinion and his race is not a factor!! :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Joffa ..respect you mate but the race thing is just not the case.Raph has some ability but too often turns the ball over..someone commented that when he gets the ball there is a collective groan ..well it doesn't happen without a reason.His being run down at the start of of the 09 GF did it for me..can't blame him for that loss but that was instrumental on getting the cats up and running and a gimme goal in what was basically a 1 point result is significant.
Just accept that some of us think that Raphs worst outweighs his best..can't doubt his heart but it has to be more than that.Certainly not on his own but not in our best 22 going forward in my opinion and his race is not a factor!! :x
I'm not sure that race is the reason for the hatred of Raph.

However I have little doubt that race plays a big part in how some people display that hatred.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Joffa ..respect you mate but the race thing is just not the case.Raph has some ability but too often turns the ball over..someone commented that when he gets the ball there is a collective groan ..well it doesn't happen without a reason.His being run down at the start of of the 09 GF did it for me..can't blame him for that loss but that was instrumental on getting the cats up and running and a gimme goal in what was basically a 1 point result is significant.
Just accept that some of us think that Raphs worst outweighs his best..can't doubt his heart but it has to be more than that.Certainly not on his own but not in our best 22 going forward in my opinion and his race is not a factor!! :x

However I have little doubt that race plays a big part in how some people display that hatred.
I'll agree that some fairweather supporters notice Raph's errors more because of the colour of his skin.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

I'll agree that some fairweather supporters notice Raph's errors more because of the colour of his skin.
Think this is a massive slur on the bulk of St.Kilda supporters...people look at the errors.. the skin colour is bloody irrelevant !! :roll:

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

YAWN!!!!!!!! and in the meantime, guys like gram get a free ride! :twisted:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Think this is a massive slur on the bulk of St.Kilda supporters...people look at the errors.. the skin colour is bloody irrelevant !! :roll:
some

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:YAWN!!!!!!!! and in the meantime, guys like gram get a free ride! :twisted:
Gram is getting slammed too Jigster..and for good reason..tradebait or delist!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:YAWN!!!!!!!! and in the meantime, guys like gram get a free ride! :twisted:
That white bastard!!! :twisted:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

I've had many many off-line interactions with Raph and X and while I rate them both very highly as people many Saints supporters were over X's injuries and Raph's performances.

Nothing to do wih skin colour you dumb f****!

To do with ability and not standing up to the phsyical or mental ability of finals football.

And yet I would still stand beside them anytime as they are just bloody good blokes.

f****** skin colour, spare me.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Gram "tradebait"? do me a favour? WHO is going to take him? HONESTLY!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
kalsaint
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:Raph will frustrate forever. The question is whether he is worth keeping on for the mixd bag he gives, and by extension would his replacement be any better.
If he stays he needs to go forward because he either doesnt think quickly enough when on the run, doesnt hear team mates calling him, ignores those team mates or his awareness is just not up to the speed at this level.

At least forward he can run, jump and mark and see the ball coming out of defence and put his body on the line to keep the forward pressure on.

He is certainly not a squirmer when it comes to body contact and forward he could be creative (something we seem to have missed most of the year).

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

I've had many many off-line interactions with Raph and X and while I rate them both very highly as people many Saints supporters were over X's injuries and Raph's performances.

To do with ability and not standing up to the phsyical or mental ability of finals football.

And yet I would still stand beside them anytime as they are just bloody good blokes.

FFS, I said some fairweather fans. Not all.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

Wasn't actually aimed at you dscftc, was just a general rant that it's not alway racist related ffs, we sometimes sponsor these guys and get close to them but sometimes...well they're good blokes and they don't actualy appreciate this racist card either

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Gram "tradebait"? do me a favour? WHO is going to take him? HONESTLY!
Has played in 3 Grandfinals Dave..might find a Richmond or Port Adelaide are interested..has run his race with us !!

Legendary
Club Player

Why are people so defensive when discussing Clarke?

Ask yourself this: if he was offered for trade, would any other club offer anything for him?

I doubt it.

He's an ordinary player who would be in the bottom 6-8 in our best side. He occasionally plays a very good game (e.g. against Carlton), but most of his matches are average to poor.

He gets caught too often and his decision-making is poor. He can sometimes read the play well, is a good spoiler, deceptively good overhead for his size and can run with the ball off half-back. He doesn't find the footy as often as he should, lacks core strength and often doesn't play tight enough.

He's just as open to criticism as any other player on the list. I don't understand why some are so vitriolic in defending him.

Rosco
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Gram "tradebait"? do me a favour? WHO is going to take him? HONESTLY!
Has played in 3 Grandfinals Dave..might find a Richmond or Port Adelaide are interested..has run his race with us !!
would they give a 2nd / 3rd round pick for him? i'd consider taking it.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Are you serious? Really?

Wasn't actually aimed at you dscftc, was just a general rant that it's not alway racist related ffs, we sometimes sponsor these guys and get close to them but sometimes...well they're good blokes and they don't actualy appreciate this racist card either
I wouldn't appreciate it either, but I'm sure there is a racist undercurrent with a minority.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

LOL @ Joffaboy and other imbeciles seriously believing the constant hysteria with Raph is because of the colour of his skin. Raph is no bloody good, he's been on the list an eternity and makes the same mistakes he's always made. Everything else is irrelevant!

derby Street
Club Player

Not quite sure there hasn't been threads started on quite a few other list cloggers rather than just Raph. Let's face it we had a few last night that were ordinary and made as many mistakes as Raph. A weeks a long time in football and only last week everyone was singing his praises.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Not sure why I got a warning for my post?????

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Yeah got it, because youre a mod...

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:I'm almost hoping we delist him so this witch hunt can end.
Yup agreed.

I suppose we alawy have young Nicholas Winmar to scapegoat next year

:roll:

And if people think I am using the race card.

YOU AR DAMNED FKN TOOTIN I am.

It has been a witch hunt on Raph from the start, and the critisism by some has much more to do than hi s ability.

He got caught at least twice last night because he had SFA to kicki too. Stupid halfwits who only ball watch wouldn't have a clue on the zone 20-70 metres up the field.

Raph was poor last night, no doubt, nut so was Roo, Kosi, GIlbert, Zac, Polo, Schneider and a host of others.

Where is the hatefilled diatribes against them?

A disgrace.

Raph, just retire, or leave. These so called supporters will never accept you.

Nicholas Winmar, you better go as well, you'll be next.
Not sure where you're going with this Joff , I loved Nicky Winmar but don't like Raph...It's all about the footy pure and simple. I'm sure you'll find that %99 are the same.

rexy
SS Life Member

Havent bothered to read the whole thread as I have a feelong I know how it goes! I would like to say that the blame Raph or Raph has to go stuff is a pity IMO. A week a go most had him BOG against the blues, he was far from our worst last night I thought, Raph is the guy who leaves his man to help out others and keeps on running to get in to position and provide an option out of defence. From time to time he gets caught with it but this is going to happen when you take the game on IMO.

I beleive we should stick with him!

I would be more worried about Dawson and Gram in particular with the skills of Blake Peake and Geary also of great concern?

Maybe this year?