The Rumour File on 3AW the other day...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:I would take that deal in a second. Riewoldt seems to have burnt out at the Saints. Also, he is late in his career and we could land two 10 year players. Its about the club, not the individual.
What if we got Luke Livingston and Mitch Thorp. Would that be good?
No. No it wouldn't.

What if we got Joel Selwood & Jack Riewoldt. Would that be good?
But we already have one of the best players in the AFL. Taking the punt seems silly at best and completely brain dead at worst. I suppose you cant underperform for some Saints fans though.
I don't think it's silly to trade one of the best players in the league if they are heading towards the twilight of their careers, the club believe they won't win a flag while he's still playing and there's a possibility of getting two good - potentially great - players who have eight to ten years in front of them.

And if the club still doesn't rate itself to pick good players in the first round then that's an issue they need to address.
But why the captain and why stop at one. That is what confuses me.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:We could end up with an Ablett or Judd.
Or we could end up with X Clarke and Sampi
or another kosi :shock:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saint tash
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Dools your hatred of all things Kozi is becoming boring. Can we change the record please?

Oh when the saints go charging in!
Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
sainterinsydney wrote:I would take that deal in a second. Riewoldt seems to have burnt out at the Saints. Also, he is late in his career and we could land two 10 year players. Its about the club, not the individual.
No. No it wouldn't.

But we already have one of the best players in the AFL. Taking the punt seems silly at best and completely brain dead at worst. I suppose you cant underperform for some Saints fans though.
I don't think it's silly to trade one of the best players in the league if they are heading towards the twilight of their careers, the club believe they won't win a flag while he's still playing and there's a possibility of getting two good - potentially great - players who have eight to ten years in front of them.

And if the club still doesn't rate itself to pick good players in the first round then that's an issue they need to address.
Well I've already posted on Page 1 of this thread about trading all players born pre 1985 who have trade value.

I'm not sure how free agency would affect it, though.

Sometimes the internet is about reading - not just writing

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
No. No it wouldn't.

Well I've already posted on Page 1 of this thread about trading all players born pre 1985 who have trade value.

I'm not sure how free agency would affect it, though.

Sometimes the internet is about reading - not just writing
Sorry but i dont go back to page one everytime I post. I have since read it and I am sorry but i dont think you should do things like that as it just wrecks the fabric of the club and as I have stated before you would only think of trading these type of players if they requested it. I am for trading them if they want to go. Would not think of standing in their way.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
As long as we dont get another Xavier money grabbing traitor private schoolboy born to ruler like Luke Ball.

Would take a genuine country boy like Kosi over one of those Xavier arseholes anyday. :evil:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints43
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Sorry but i dont go back to page one everytime I post. I have since read it and I am sorry but i dont think you should do things like that as it just wrecks the fabric of the club and as I have stated before you would only think of trading these type of players if they requested it. I am for trading them if they want to go. Would not think of standing in their way.
Fair enough. I haven't said we should do it - just that it needs to be looked at it.

To be honest I believe we would stuff it up anyway and would end up with three players gone and three club leaders unhappy.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
As long as we dont get another Xavier money grabbing traitor private schoolboy born to ruler like Luke Ball.

Would take a genuine country boy like Kosi over one of those Xavier arseholes anyday. :evil:
So you would rather Kosi over ball?

Personally i would rather neither but if i had to pick it wouldn’t be too hard.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

I would take Kosi who has integrity over the money grubbing private schoolboy with no character anyday.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Leo.J
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

I'd take a fit Kosi any day.

There's plenty of in and under players...

I'd be suprised if Kosi would have gone chasing money, and there was a time when he had value.

As for Judas we all know where or what his loyalties are.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

I would take Kosi who has integrity over the money grubbing private schoolboy with no character anyday.
Well you're an idiot. this isn’t under 14's for the Balwyn tigers, this is AFL. Who cares what the player's personality or principles or any of that crap are. as long as their a good player who will give their all every week, and could possibly take us to a premiership, that’s all that matters.

Ball may be a stuck up, arrogant, money hungry prick, who knows...but he can play football and that’s all that matters.

But hey, kosi is a top bloke! So let’s just keep him.

asaint
Club Player

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote: so should kosi still be on our list?
asaint wrote:Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

:D

Leo.J
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:...Well you're an idiot. this isn’t under 14's for the Balwyn tigers, this is AFL. Who cares what the player's personality or principles or any of that crap are. as long as their a good player who will give their all every week, and could possibly take us to a premiership, that’s all that matters.

Ball may be a stuck up, arrogant, money hungry prick, who knows...but he can play football and that’s all that matters.

Ever played with an injury saintdools?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
saintdooley wrote: so should kosi still be on our list?
asaint wrote:Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

:D
I'd prefer it if he was off your list :roll:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

All this from an anomonous rumour on a radio station ??????

Lets get some perspective back here !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
saintdooley wrote:...Well you're an idiot. this isn’t under 14's for the Balwyn tigers, this is AFL. Who cares what the player's personality or principles or any of that crap are. as long as their a good player who will give their all every week, and could possibly take us to a premiership, that’s all that matters.

broken ribs, fingers, collar bone, and depending on how big the night before was, brain

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:All this from an anomonous rumour on a radio station ??????

Why would we start that now?

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Yes who would have thought - and another thread started by a 'new' poster - one of several who have joined between 14-22 June

Could it be they are here to undermine these boards :shock:

Stand your ground :shock:
Leo.J
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

broken ribs, fingers, collar bone, and depending on how big the night before was, brain
So then you'd have some appreciation of what Kosi has done for the club on and off since day 1? And especially last year.

Everyone in the know has respect for Kosi.

Matty Lloyd on SEN the other day was saying that he was talking to Rooey, and again Rooey was saying how important Kosi was to the side, and how he wanted him back in.

Only the people on the inner sanctum know what he does... and everytime they are asked they back Kosi to the hilt.

Only your team mates would have known and appreciated what you did to get out there with injuries when you played, and they would of respected you for that also.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:

Yes who would have thought - and another thread started by a 'new' poster - one of several who have joined between 14-22 June

Yeah, but this thread was started with a statement of FACT the he/she heard on the radio (as did I). Some attacked the poster because he/she is new to the site and/or they didn't like what the was posted/repeated. For mine, all the new poster did was to repeat what he/she heard on the radio. If anything, he/she provided information that many would have missed !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

can't believe 3AW has received 3 pages of free advertising

and as stated in another thread I think they need to get a new source near the saints-- or start beleiving them less...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:

Yeah, but this thread was started with a statement of FACT the he/she heard on the radio (as did I). Some attacked the poster because he/she is new to the site and/or they didn't like what the was posted/repeated. For mine, all the new poster did was to repeat what he/she heard on the radio. If anything, he/she provided information that many would have missed !!
Fair enough if you heard it on radio, I believe it. Point is, not all the stuff these new posters are saying is false - it's just constantly negative, to fire up posters or start rows - then they p!ss off.
Look at their contributions, trade, delist and player xx is no good etc.

Regular posters are sometimes wary of new posters, esp at this time - maybe that's why some go on the assault.

Why didn't they post about Gardiner on the come back trail, or the week off might get Montagna fully fit?

Stand your ground :shock:
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

I think, at the end of the day, it's up to the player in question as to whether he stays or goes. If he stays, we keep a club champion who can lead the youth and show the way forward in that area, and if he goes, then we play the draft roullette and possibly build a new premiership core. As long as the club does its business well, it's a win-win situation.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

I didn't think you had one of those

Another opportunity awaits!