Eddie sets precedent

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:I know the person pretty well and he is not a brainless oxygen thief. Yes his comments weren't great but he genuinly believes the krakour should not be playing football. He handled himself well. Never swore. never left his seat and pretty much politely pointed out to eddie that he was a hypocrute while eddie was going absolutely nuts.

What krakour did is not only a blight on football but a blight on society. He bashed a guy. the guy got a way and then he chased him down bashed him again and proceeded to kick him to within an inch of his life. Is this the sort of person we want our kids looking up to. Is this the sort of person that should be referred to as an inspirtation.

Eddie calling him a racist is a disgrace as he had no interest in krakour's race. Just in the fact that he is a disgraceful human being

see if the press pick that up...they all come on here for a read....but...apart from robbo...they are too busy licking fat'eds arse to print the truth....

money doesn't buy you class....eddie everyhere when all's said and done is just another broady thug....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:
Thinline wrote:Krak turned things around magnificently after serving time (productively) for his sin.

Your mate needs to pick a better target.

Swan's thuggery for instance. You know, the incident for which he refused to pay his damages bill.

Now there's a farkin peckerhead who deserves a whack...
Did he really turn it things around.
Thats pretty good of him.
How do you reck the bloke who was the victim feels about that.

Do we remember Luke Adams last year the kid who got bashed at hungry jacks

We were all told by the AFL this was a disgrace and that we should feel sorry for him

Seems to me apparently we should just feel sorry for footballers because there life is so tough
Or if they make a mistake just never give them another chance. Sounds like you may be the guy.

spert
Saintsational Legend

As far as Eddie goes, it's all about Eddie..especially when the cameras are on..the subject matter is irrelevant.

NoMore
Club Player

does he really deserve another chance.

And don't think i think that just coz he is a collingwood player. If Milnes case is reopened and he is charged and found guilty i would think the same. I am not a hypocryte whether these players and clubs like it or not they are role models and moral trend setters

Andrew krakour being hailed as an inspiration is a dangerous path to go down.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:does he really deserve another chance.

And don't think i think that just coz he is a collingwood player. If Milnes case is reopened and he is charged and found guilty i would think the same. I am not a hypocryte whether these players and clubs like it or not they are role models and moral trend setters

Andrew krakour being hailed as an inspiration is a dangerous path to go down.
Yes he does. Did the time like everyone else.

NoMore
Club Player

not enough

But again that is all opinion and it is a free country.

Nothing the guy said was defamatory. It was all based on truth and his opinion.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:not enough
Were you on the jury?

NoMore
Club Player

sorry plugger i edited that late.

I wasn't on the jury but it is my opinion that he din't get long enough

we are all entitled to our opinions it whats make this a great country. The waay that the media is going with only portraying one side of stories we will end up like china

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Were you on the jury?
The jury doesn't determine the length of the sentence. That's the judge's role. If you've ever served on jury duty you'd know that there is quite a lot that goes on in a trial for which the jury is not required.

So even if he was on the jury he, more than likely, would not know all the facets of the case. Only the evidence used to determine guilt.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

But again that is all opinion and it is a free country.

Nothing the guy said was defamatory. It was all based on truth and his opinion.

as i said in another thread....the apple never falls far from the tree..... :twisted: :evil:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Were you on the jury?
The jury doesn't determine the length of the sentence. That's the judge's role. If you've ever served on jury duty you'd know that there is quite a lot that goes on in a trial for which the jury is not required.

So even if he was on the jury he, more than likely, would not know all the facets of the case. Only the evidence used to determine guilt.
Yes good point. I doubt very much he was the judge though. How would he know he didnt get enough time. And I have served on a jury but it was a civil case and we did determine the money received which IMO was just plain stupid.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Were you on the jury?

Yes good point. I doubt very much he was the judge though. How would he know he didnt get enough time. And I have served on a jury but it was a civil case and we did determine the money received which IMO was just plain stupid.
My case was a criminal trial in the County court...we spent more time away from the court room than in it...

NoMore
Club Player

As i said Plugger we are all entitled to our opinion.

you think he deserves a second chance. I don't

Eddie thinks my mate is a racist. The rest of the country have no idea where he is coming from.

We are all entitled to our opinions.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Were you on the jury?

My case was a criminal trial in the County court...we spent more time away from the court room than in it...
The case on was one was a joke. Final day was the morning after we won the America's cup. No one had slept and we had to decide how much money to give a guy after a car accident. People were to tired to think.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

My biggest problem is that almost every week for 7 years I as a paying customer have heard opposition supporters call Stephen Milne a rapist. This is usually around kids who need tohave it explain to them what is going on. I would not be suprised if there have been physical and vebal fights because of this.

Not once have I been able to be successful in getting these supporters tossed out. Have been abused even more afterwards.

Yet a person points out facts that were heard by a court (not racist AT ALL) and is not only abused by the president of the Collingwood football club but branded as someone who says things that have racist undertones.

On top of that Maguire did not do ONE THING when his current coach called milne a rapist.

Disgusting club and if the AFL cared one bit they would clean all this up once and for all. But money is on it not being a issue (apart from the saints supporter losing his MCC membership) in a few days time. Similar to the inncident that happened on night of the grand final replay.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I might be in the minority but any supporter from any club that just yells out crap about players deserves to be told to shut up. I dont care if they are wearing black and white or red black and white. Seriously just watch the game and try following your own side instead of worrying about the other friggin side.
You are sooooo boringly sterile!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I might be in the minority but any supporter from any club that just yells out crap about players deserves to be told to shut up. I dont care if they are wearing black and white or red black and white. Seriously just watch the game and try following your own side instead of worrying about the other friggin side.
You are sooooo boringly sterile!!

+1 million... :wink: 8-)

as i said...an idiot still looking for a village is our albert.... 8-) :twisted:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

My opinion is that Krackour did his time, but now is at the mercy of people sledging him for his past. To say that it is border line racism is suggesting that somehow Aboriginals are a class of citizens that are inclined toward incarceration and violence. They are through social disfunction and poverty over represented in gaol in some ares but there are more out there that are just living normal existences in urban Australia. My cousin is part aboriginal and is just a regular guy that goes to work and does his thing no disfunction, but mention that he is part aboriginal and people are ready to say things like
"oh you don't seem aboriginal" with a tone like you are meant to be degenerate. The border line racism is often from people that wouldn't see them selves that way, just like Eddie.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Round 21 vs Collingwood at Etihad as many Saints supporters as possible should hold up signs with the words

FAT ED IS A HYPOCRITE

500 to 1000 of these signs should get the message across loud and clear

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Eddie sets precedent

Ice Wolf wrote:
ace wrote:
Harvey To Hayes wrote:Next time we play the filth I urge every supporter to pay attention to the Collingwood ferals around them, and every time one of them sledges Milney, Joey, Roo, Sam or anyone else about anything non-footy related, give them two warnings, carry on like an idiot, and then ring the authorities and have that person disciplined. Eddie is in the media calling for zero tolerance on sledges such as that directed at Krakouer (who was convicted), so it has to go both ways...

Don't forget to take their photograph with your mobile phone.
The media is far more likely to run a story if their are pictures to go with.
Eddie wont be able to hide behind the excuse "we don't know who they are".
He will need some other wriggle out, to take no action.

Note the guy who Eddie singled out was an MCC member or guest. Probably member as guests also need a a balcony pass to access level 2.
These are hard if not impossible to get for a high attendance match.

Eddie made sure the MCC security took the guys membership number.
He will be hung drawn and quartered by the MCC because a much higher level of decorum is exoected in the MCC members area.
Suspension will probably be his fate.
Shouldn't Eddie also face sanction from the MCC for abusing the guy and for inferring that there was a racial element to the sledging when there was none. McGuire didn't just call security, he made an arse out of himself first and then tried to create a story out of it in the media.

Why is Eddie in the MCC area at Collingwood home games anyway?

Why is Eddie sitting in the MCC instead of in the Ponsford?
He may want to rip these people off with a slick advertising campaign about joining the "Collingwood Army"
But is doesn't mean he wants to sit with them. :lol:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Eddie sets precedent

ozrulestrace wrote: Shouldn't Eddie also face sanction from the MCC for abusing the guy and for inferring that there was a racial element to the sledging when there was none. McGuire didn't just call security, he made an arse out of himself first and then tried to create a story out of it in the media.

Why is Eddie in the MCC area at Collingwood home games anyway?

Why is Eddie sitting in the MCC instead of in the Ponsford?
He may want to rip these people off with a slick advertising campaign about joining the "Collingwood Army"
But is doesn't mean he wants to sit with them. :lol:
This post is very good, top observations.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Eddie should spend more time worrying about his failing television career.
Being filth president may soon be his only job.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

instead of me reading 3 pages of mehhh

there WASNT a racial slurr???
eddie just lost the plot??

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

matrix wrote:instead of me reading 3 pages of mehhh

there WASNT a racial slurr???
eddie just lost the plot??
Correct on both points - the subject matter was about the his crimes not his colour

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:
Thinline wrote:Krak turned things around magnificently after serving time (productively) for his sin.

Your mate needs to pick a better target.

Swan's thuggery for instance. You know, the incident for which he refused to pay his damages bill.

Now there's a farkin peckerhead who deserves a whack...
Did he really turn it things around.
Thats pretty good of him.
How do you reck the bloke who was the victim feels about that.

Do we remember Luke Adams last year the kid who got bashed at hungry jacks

We were all told by the AFL this was a disgrace and that we should feel sorry for him

Seems to me apparently we should just feel sorry for footballers because there life is so tough
You are entitled to a view, but your views are positively Irani and way out of whack with our modern system of justice.

The case went to court. Evidence was heard. A guilty verdict was handed down. Krakouer was incarcerated for a fair stretch. When he was in there he did all manner of things to make something good come out of the horror he perpetrated. He is a classic example of rehabilitative justice at work. It is simply wrong to think otherwise.

FYI the assault subject of the charge was a retaliatory attack arising out of a long standing family feud. In fact, the victim whacked Krakouer in 2001 or 2002 and knocked him cold. Krakouer, according the accepted evidence, was instantly remorseful when he attempted, regrettably, to get one back . There was also accepted evidence of domestic violence during a deprived childhood. The judge accepted that there was little chance of re-offending such was the unusualness of Krakouer's behaviour.

These are facts.

These are what determined the sentence.

Krakouer would have been in serious strife had the victim not woken from his coma, or had his ongoing symptoms been anything more than mild psychological trauma - again facts based on evidence as submitted in court after the victim was assessed by a psychiatrist. When in prison he did a tremendous amount of quality mentoring work with young indigenous inmates, and when 70% - yes 70% - of young inmates are indigenous, there is clearly work that needs doing.

As it happens Krakouer got a pretty stiff sentence all things told. And clearly he still has to tolerate the rantings of drunks at the footy. I'd suggest that's a lingering hallmark of being a jailbird. Tough titties. I don't hear him asking for anyone's sympathy by the way.

But to say what you've said simply ignores the reality of things.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'