max engineered riewoldt's downfall: herald sun

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Im not surprised at all. I still believe adamantly Max would have been able to mitigate Chappy in 09.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Max could of done a Presti.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

hindsight of course, but believ (and believed at the time) that we should've played max - fqf - trust max to play a blinder in the big one - he bled tears for our club. i think lyon overlooked the loyalty factor and the part it plays.
not dumping on zac and the second incident was a result of brave play, but was it a coincidence or karma that he gifted the non-goal, and the toe-tap.
how max and ball were treated came back to haunt us in the biggest way possible.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:vendetta ??? are you mad?? the bloke is just doing his job ... would you expect the Scott boys to tell their team to go easy on Brisbane ??

seriously get a friggin clue .... max did everything that was aked of him as a st kilda player once he is no longer a saints player he can do what he likes
Why don't you get a clue mate. I am prepared to see reason, and I already conceded as much. But the fact is my opinion is shared by others. And since all we're sharing is opinions, for all you know I'm dead on the money.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
Seaford_Saint wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:Remind me how many quarters Max played against Richmond in 09?

How was his performance against Essendon?

Some revisionist claptrap being spouted in here.

As for "just doing his job", I reckon there are plenty of places where he could have been involved. His choice of employer, timing and nature of his role smack of a personal vendetta.

What he chose to do was a dog act. At least this article puts to bed the fanciful notion that Max is still a "Saints man".
+1
+2

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Max was a favourite son, but he was injury prone and had missed games giving dawson his spot, it would have been rough if you dropped Dawson and put in Max only for him to breakdown again in the first quarter. The people on here berate Ross for not making tough decisions on players but then want sentimentality to be adhered to. All the Kosi bashers would love it if Archer came in an took his spot doing everything right, only to be dropped because Kosi has more runs on the board come finals time. Max was picked up because he had some great inside knowledge, same with Ball.

saint-stu
Club Player

When does Max's contract finish with Collingwood?

He would have made a great replacement for sos!

I hope we target him.

1ac46a38
Saints43
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Max could of done a Presti.
Why would he have done that? He was right to go.

Presti was crocked.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:

Presti was crocked.
How many injuries did Max get during the year, quite a few.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

Presti was crocked.
He also had an extremely close checking style that on any particular day could have been viewed poorly by the umps and cost us dearly.

Quite a few risks with Max unfortunately.

Saints43
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

Presti was crocked.
He came into the team in Round 11. He played rounds 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20.

Does anyone believe Riewoldt should have been left out of the finals because he missed so much of the early 2010 season?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:how max and ball were treated came back to haunt us in the biggest way possible.
The calls on both were correct imo. Hudghton overtaken by a younger player in better form; Ball never going to be the No. 1 grunt player with a fit Hayes in the side.

Neither of them agreed with it of course. Ball didn't have the character to wait his turn and spat it. He wasn't forced out as far as I recall. Left for more money and a more senior role.

The Magpies saw recruiting them as a way to get some inside info on our methods.

Pretty smart thinking by Eddie, because (imo) Malthouse isn't bright enough to work it out for himself.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Im not surprised at all. I still believe adamantly Max would have been able to mitigate Chappy in 09.
Dempster was the only man for that job. Gwilt should have played as well.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

Presti was crocked.
He came into the team in Round 11. He played rounds 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20.

Does anyone believe Riewoldt should have been left out of the finals because he missed so much of the early 2010 season?
Armo played Rd 21 and 22 last year

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Megsie wrote:Max should be aware of "KARMA" !!

revenge is soul destroying.

Message to Max " did your info give you satisfaction? "
his info kept him in the job ... his info puts food on his table... his info puts a roof over his familys head ...

remember he owes nothing to the saints he gave many many many years loyal service to our club , the fact he got an offer from a rival club to continue his footy carreer in a coaching role does not take away from the great years of service he gave the saints ....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:vendetta ??? are you mad?? the bloke is just doing his job ... would you expect the Scott boys to tell their team to go easy on Brisbane ??

seriously get a friggin clue .... max did everything that was aked of him as a st kilda player once he is no longer a saints player he can do what he likes
Why don't you get a clue mate. I am prepared to see reason, and I already conceded as much. But the fact is my opinion is shared by others. And since all we're sharing is opinions, for all you know I'm dead on the money.
your entitled to your opinion but just beware your opinion makes you look like a bitter nuff nuff who is suffering from sour grapes... if i recall correctly Max's own son was wearing a saints jersey in the lap of honour around the MCG for the first g/f

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Im not surprised at all. I still believe adamantly Max would have been able to mitigate Chappy in 09.
You're not being serious there are you? Surely not...

Bring back the Lockett era
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

InkerSaint wrote:Remind me how many quarters Max played against Richmond in 09?

How was his performance against Essendon?

Some revisionist claptrap being spouted in here.

As for "just doing his job", I reckon there are plenty of places where he could have been involved. His choice of employer, timing and nature of his role smack of a personal vendetta.

What he chose to do was a dog act. At least this article puts to bed the fanciful notion that Max is still a "Saints man".
Doing his job is one thing. Celebrating the Collingwood win like a gin soaked flusie is another thing. I used to love Max, but I hope the prick never returns to our club.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah..... Well

f*** you Max Hudgeton.

Sold his soul for 50k

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:your entitled to your opinion but just beware your opinion makes you look like a bitter nuff nuff who is suffering from sour grapes... if i recall correctly Max's own son was wearing a saints jersey in the lap of honour around the MCG for the first g/f
And your opinion makes you look like a shallow drone, money is everything huh? A career in elite sport is a right not a privilege? And Max doesn't have a construction business to keep the roof over his head?

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Megsie
Club Player

Max you did look good in the colingwood colours on tv tonight.
Bask in theglory with your money hungry parasite LB.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Megsie wrote:Max you did look good in the colingwood colours on tv tonight.
Bask in theglory with your money hungry parasite LB.
That is embarrassing.

kalsaint
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

Presti was crocked.
He also had an extremely close checking style that on any particular day could have been viewed poorly by the umps and cost us dearly.

Zac doesnt give away frees??!!! He does some silly things at times that cost goals.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

Presti was crocked.

Zac doesnt give away frees??!!! He does some silly things at times that cost goals.
Don't confuse Zac 2011 with Zac 2009, because the latter is the only Zac relevant to this thread.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
kalsaint wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

Presti was crocked.

Don't confuse Zac 2011 with Zac 2009, because the latter is the only Zac relevant to this thread.
Personally I can't see a lot of difference between the two Zacs. He's always looked far, far less secure one-on-one with big, strong opponents than Max. In 2009 we were better stopping opposition attacks up the ground; in 2011 we are getting smashed in clearances and they are coming at Zac in waves and he's looking like the FAQ player that he is.

The idea that Zac deserved his spot over Max in the 2009 GF is laughable. Obviously, none of us can know the exact state of Max's fitness. At the time, Lyon didn't say Max was unfit, he said that Zac better fitted into his gameplan because he was "more mobile".

Anyway, Max is retired and now we have Zac permanently. And nobody on this forum seems to be too excited about that fact ATM.....

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift