Round 7 Team vs Carlton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mick13
Club Player

santazzi wrote:
vacuous space wrote:The saviour of our forward line:

No pressure or anything.
I would like to hear from those of you in the know/have seen him in action........Is this kid ready for the rigor of AFL footy..........he looks so slight and young..?........... Misson, Lyon and co are certainly showing confidence in him......................
Not many 18 year olds are. But it's what we need to do. Hell, 3 years in the magoos/gym hasn't done Lynch or Heyne much good.

Give 'em a taste. Some players just adapt straight away, look at Dyson Heppell (sp?).

Let's not forget this kid was freaking pick number 75 in last years draft. Amazing effort.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Do we have any experts on "Groin Viruses"? :roll: !!
Kim Duthie

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Can you all please note No.2's name is Arryn Siposs and the players call him Sipo. I'm really glad to see him listed in the team and hope he plays.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

isnt it funny..Ledger makes a nice run through the midfield and hits a target in a NAB Cup game and hes "a gun waiting to go off"

Having said that, Rocket Eade said straight out at a presser last weekend, when asked if the Dogs needed some X factor like Zeph Skinner that Zeph was "not ready"

Must have had a hell of a week on the track cos apparently he is now

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Congrats Siposs, relax and enjoy the evening.

PS - Show em how to kick a goal 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Congrats Siposs, relax and enjoy the evening.

If he gets it he will but lets give the guy a chance. Probably coming in to early but we are struggling so may be worth a punt.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Congrats Siposs, relax and enjoy the evening.

If he gets it he will but lets give the guy a chance. Probably coming in to early but we are struggling so may be worth a punt.
I'm just happy if we have something that resembles a forward line :)

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sippos - can he tackle? can he run? OR are we looking at Roo, Kosi, Sippos and SLOW fwd line with no pressure?

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Sippos - can he tackle? can he run? OR are we looking at Roo, Kosi, Sippos and SLOW fwd line with no pressure?
I am not sure tackling and hard running is his best skill yet but he is 18 so he has plenty of time to learn. I reckon at this stage he is similar to Gamble but with a much better upside.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:pumped for siposs.

i know people will say it doesnt matter these days with rotations blah blah blah. but how armo isnt in the starting 18 is a fair dinkum JOKE.
its the principle of the thing.
Are you gullible enough to believe everything you read?

Another opportunity awaits!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Can Winmar honestly still play, or has he just missed too much footy now being emergency for so many weeks?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:pumped for siposs.

i know people will say it doesnt matter these days with rotations blah blah blah. but how armo isnt in the starting 18 is a fair dinkum JOKE.
its the principle of the thing.
Are you gullible enough to believe everything you read?
no but hes been starting off all year. are we trying to trick carlton or something? like they will change their team relating to where armo is picked?
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 05 May 2011 10:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:Sippos - can he tackle? can he run? OR are we looking at Roo, Kosi, Sippos and SLOW fwd line with no pressure?
I am not sure tackling and hard running is his best skill yet but he is 18 so he has plenty of time to learn. I reckon at this stage he is similar to Gamble but with a much better upside.
I guess Im keen to know if hes a slow,lumbering type OR can he get across the ground?...we just cant afford another Kosi is all Im thinking.

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

His name is Siposs and he can run and tackle, has great hands, and can kick. Not sure about his tank.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:If it was a genuine white flag then Tommy or Simpkin would be in, I imagine and Peake probably not. Maybe it's at half mast.
Not sure about that. You cant play them all at once. I think we now have the most first gamers apart from GC after having probably the least in the last 3 years. Surely that tells us something.
Yep I reckon it's white flag time.

And fair enough IMO.

The latest Duthie/Nixon scandal will tip it over the edge IMO.

Looking like a 10 goal loss now on Monday night.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I guess Im keen to know if hes a slow,lumbering type OR can he get across the ground?...we just cant afford another Kosi is all Im thinking.
Nothing like Kosi. Much faster and a hell of a lot smaller. Even though the stats dont say so.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:isnt it funny..Ledger makes a nice run through the midfield and hits a target in a NAB Cup game and hes "a gun waiting to go off"

Having said that, Rocket Eade said straight out at a presser last weekend, when asked if the Dogs needed some X factor like Zeph Skinner that Zeph was "not ready"

ledger did a lot more than that. he was active in many facets of the games. really involved.

im disappointed we rushed back an immobile, under-done and injury prone kosi when stanley had his best sandy game possibly ever and really put it versus quality opposition last week

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Nothing like Kosi. Much faster and a hell of a lot smaller. Even though the stats dont say so.
Great to hear - cant afford more treacle up front.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saint66au wrote:isnt it funny..Ledger makes a nice run through the midfield and hits a target in a NAB Cup game and hes "a gun waiting to go off"

ledger did a lot more than that. he was active in many facets of the games. really involved.

im disappointed we rushed back an immobile, under-done and injury prone kosi when stanley had his best sandy game possibly ever and really put it versus quality opposition last week
Did you see Stanley play last week?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
10cm shorter and 10kg lighter, I think the stats do say so.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Did you see Stanley play last week?
Nope. I trust our valued SS reporters. One of the best things about this site.
I also value your sandy reports plug. I think most people said he did much better than he has been going and that Blake is a mature/experienced opponent. And at least he played. Pretty sure Kosi didnt put in a blinder last week unless it was in his backyard?

To the top
SS Life Member

When you play forward you look for delivery to advantage in the first instance - and if you can capitalise on that end of game.

So I am not concerned about Koschitzke playing as a forward and assisting with ruck duties.

At 197cm your prime ability is not your ability to chase.

It is the other end of the ground that troubles me because our full back line will not be able to put the ball on the ground - and when it does hit the ground will not be able to get anywhere near it.

Imagine Koschitzke's thoughts if he was lining up against our named full back line?

The other difference is ground level support - we do not have the lightning, instinctive small forwards supporting when the ball comes off hands.

McQualter and Milne are just too slow.

Both are, at best, opportunistic forwards not quick, instinctive, dangerous and creating forwards.

Yarran, Betts etc. will be licking their collective lips.

Again we are very, very exposed to tall forwards including ruckmen pushing forward.

This is being played under a roof, remember.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 7 Team vs Carlton

Liam_G wrote:St Kilda

B: Sean Dempster, Jason Blake, Steven Baker
HB: Jason Gram, Sam Fisher, James Gwilt
C: Brendon Goddard, Leigh Montagna, Sam Gilbert
HF: Andrew McQualter, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider
F: Stephen Milne, Justin Koschitzke, Arryn Siposs
Foll: Ben McEvoy, Nick Dal Santo, Clinton Jones
I/C: Jack Steven, David Armitage, Jamie Cripps, Brett Peake, Ryan Gamble, Raphael Clarke, Nicholas Winmar

In: Justin Koschitzke, Raphael Clarke, Brett Peake, Ryan Gamble, Nicholas Winmar, Arryn Siposs
Out: Zac Dawson (Suspension), Will Johnson (Concussion), Alistair Smith

Carlton
B: Jordan Russell, Michael Jamison, Chris Yarran
HB: Nick Duigan, Simon White, Bryce Gibbs
C: Heath Scotland, Chris Judd, Kade Simpson
HF: Andrew Walker, Jarrad Waite, Andrew Carrazzo
F: Eddie Betts, Setanta O'hAilpin, Jeff Garlett
Foll: Robert Warnock, Ed Curnow, Marc Murphy
I/C: Dennis Armfield, David Ellard, Lachie Henderson, Aaron Joseph, Jeremy Laidler, Mitch Robinson, Matthew Watson

In: Lachie Henderson, Chris Yarran, Matthew Watson
Raph Clarke HAS to come in and Dempster HAS to come out.
Raph has speed/height and despite his brain fades can at least attak from defence. He can play smaller if needed and Dempster to me looks slow.

Raph couldalso move up to a wing for another option if need be.

Surely its time for Dempster.

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:When you play forward you look for delivery to advantage in the first instance - and if you can capitalise on that end of game.

So I am not concerned about Koschitzke playing as a forward and assisting with ruck duties.

At 197cm your prime ability is not your ability to chase.
What is his prime ability? He can't mark, can't hold his ground, can't read the play, can't lead, can't chase, can't tackle, why the hell would you play him?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
His name is Siposs and he can run and tackle, has great hands, and can kick. Not sure about his tank.
sorry for naming error.

did i spell love right?

“Yeah….nah””