Goddard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

realdeal
Club Player

mbogo wrote:Have to agree with Con here - Goddard is the only gun we seem to have and Roo is not ruling games - perhaps since the injury last year.
But too many people on here have just lost their marbles. Trade Goddard would be like getting rid of Stewart, Lockett - Ball anyone?
No way would we trade Goddard... ever!

But please... Stewart, Lockett dragged down into the same book, novel or short story as Ball..... geez..

realdeal
Club Player

mbogo wrote:Have to agree with Con here - Goddard is the only gun we seem to have and Roo is not ruling games - perhaps since the injury last year.
But too many people on here have just lost their marbles. Trade Goddard would be like getting rid of Stewart, Lockett - Ball anyone?

But please... Stewart, Lockett dragged down into the same book, novel or short story as Ball..... geez..

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:

Could you repeat that :shock:

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I thought someone would bite - but yeah Ball is now another premiership player we let go like Guerra ... both would walk into our current team.

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
realdeal
Club Player

Pwoit wrote:
realdeal wrote:

Could you repeat that :shock:
haha.. I just started holidays and it was a late night.. :wink:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Maybe

jmcp wrote:
Cairnsman wrote: I reckon that would be part of it with Goddards personality type. He's not at the club for mateship. Him and Nathan Buckley would have gotten along fantastically as team mates, then again, maybe not.
didn't those two meet for coffee recently?
Did they? I wonder if free agency was the main topic of discussion.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Look at the GFs and you will see who our best players are when elite performance mentally and physically is required - Goddard and Hayes, back a bit to Gram, then there's a big gap.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Who's captain of the team really matters FA......maybe bj will call the toss better.....

For ross to be asking our best player to follow their best play who is in white hot form is ridiculous....dempster should have sat on him....released bj to be offensive....he helps the team more with the footy than chasing an opponent

Goddard, with his versatilitu should dictate match ups....if he gets tagged, look at his opponent and decide which position he can exploit him in.....
If jobe went to him he should of dragged him to his goalsquare....

matrix
Saintsational Legend

agreed
why on earth dempster didnt go to watson ill never know
or jones

bloody unreal

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I call it now, Watson will give many clubs headaches this year, brownlow if he keeps this form up.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I call it now, Watson will give many clubs headaches this year, brownlow if he keeps this form up.
More like of the Bombers keep up this form. He polled 16 votes in 7 wins last year, he'll romp it home if they can win 13+

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs