Sam Gilbert & his position in the side

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The club ought to take out a restraining order on this skank. She's caused enough trouble.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
Moccha wrote:
bigcarl wrote:This is a massive storm in a teacup and people seem to be missing the true villain.

The jilted young "lady" who seems hellbent on vengeance towards Gilbert and St Kilda at any cost.

Sam's guilty of stupidity at worst and is not going anywhere.

Act like Dal and get a grip people.
You should write IMHO he's not going anywhere because like everyone on here you wouldn't have a clue. You just don't know what Lyon's threshold limit is
Everyone's comments here are just their opinion. To write IMHO every time is pointless.
Well you know what they say about opinions

Gilbert you f***wit!

Another opportunity awaits!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert is looking like the Shane Warne of AFL

I love this club
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:The club ought to take out a restraining order on this skank. She's caused enough trouble.
I reckon she should be sued and possibly some gaol time.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Re: Sam Gilbert & his position in the side

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:
Thompson4 wrote:What does this incident mean now for Gilbert. I saw someone say it was like McLeod & Edwards. Will this mean anything for Gilbert at Saints in 2011?
What? Someone fill me in. I live in QLD, no TV or radio coverage. What is going on between roo and gilbert? News to me. Is there a newspaper link? I have no idea what's going on but I don't like it.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/br ... 5974296006
thanks, there seemed to be a hole in the media for a while between Roo's interview and any publishing. It appeared that saintsational was breaking the news through those who heard the interview. I just didn't fully know the extent of Sam's involvement.

Now that I know. What a d1ckhead!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I just watched the interview, anyone else find it strange that Gilbert hasn't spoken to Roo yet? Though it must be said, Roo looks pretty angry...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I just watched the interview, anyone else find it strange that Gilbert hasn't spoken to Roo yet? Though it must be said, Roo looks pretty angry...

Apparently Gilbo is in outback Australia on safari taking some wide angle lens shots of nude Roo's.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintnick12
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
Thompson4 wrote:What does this incident mean now for Gilbert. I saw someone say it was like McLeod & Edwards. Will this mean anything for Gilbert at Saints in 2011?
I believe Roo when he says they will be professional and give everything for the St Kilda football club. No hiding the fact that their personal friendship is completely fractured. How this affects the team going forward remains to be seen. Let's hope Ross' opinion that they will cope with it, move on and keep improving and trying to win the flag is true.
I'm thinking you are Nick Riewoldt. Your level of intimate insight can be held by none other than he.
No,I just wathced the interview. Roo said they would be professional etc etc. He also said how angry he was. What he didn't say is anything about their personal relationship, but he made it obvious that this was fractured. When asked if he had spoken to Sam...he said "I think Sam should be contacting me" or words to that effect. And the way he said it made it very obvious how he felt on a personal level. But being the professional he is, he again reiterated that they are professionals and they will get on with doing their best for the club.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
I believe Roo when he says they will be professional and give everything for the St Kilda football club. No hiding the fact that their personal friendship is completely fractured. How this affects the team going forward remains to be seen. Let's hope Ross' opinion that they will cope with it, move on and keep improving and trying to win the flag is true.
I'm thinking you are Nick Riewoldt. Your level of intimate insight can be held by none other than he.
No,I just wathced the interview. Roo said they would be professional etc etc. He also said how angry he was. What he didn't say is anything about their personal relationship, but he made it obvious that this was fractured. When asked if he had spoken to Sam...he said "I think Sam should be contacting me" or words to that effect. And the way he said it made it very obvious how he felt on a personal level. But being the professional he is, he again reiterated that they are professionals and they will get on with doing their best for the club.
Fractures can heal with time. :wink:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:why on earth would you keep pics like that on ya lappie

what a rather large pratt

unreal

if he sports a black eye and a crooked nose at the next training session he'd deserve it
idiot

I reckon it is pretty obvious and I will say what maybe some are thinking. To show girls the captains dick when they come back to his place. Bit of a laugh also may impress a girl or two. Surely this girl didnt just guess he had photos like this. He must have showed her and then she downloaded illegally.
Or his camera has a large memory, he downloaded a huge amount and has not gone through them. I have done this before and had heaps of useless pictures on my drive for months on end as it takes time to go through them and delete what I didn't want.

The mistake sam made was not pressing delete the second it happened. I am guessing this is what upsets roo. But lets be honest here, these should not have been stolen nor printed on the internet. I hope the girl in question gets charged and sued.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Do you even need to download photo's, you can just email them as soon as they are taken.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

missing post

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think if this incident has taught us anything it is that there a a million double entendres and puns that come out quite by accident when talking about footballers in compromised positions. No pun intended again.

I just hope we all use this as motivation to become members and get a grip.

Sure the guys acted like knobs and have exposed themselves as less than upstanding citizens but we should all get behind the boys and let them show them selves to be hard, focussed players.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I think if this incident has taught us anything it is that there a a million double entendres and puns that come out quite by accident when talking about footballers in compromised positions. No pun intended again.

I just hope we all use this as motivation to become members and get a grip.

Sure the guys acted like knobs and have exposed themselves as less than upstanding citizens but we should all get behind the boys and let them show them selves to be hard, focussed players.
What a climax gringo :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

wallbanger wrote:What was he thinking?

Surely his position at the Club would be jeopardy - to do that to the Captain, a man who prides himself on his professionalism, is beyond belief. The taking of the pic itself is no big deal - on a footy trip, far worse would be done. But to keep it on his computer - what the hell? Any idiot would know the potential devastation a picture like that could cause.

Very ordinary to say the least.
f****** stupid thing to do...but he's a queenslander isn't he....'nough said :wink: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
wallbanger wrote:What was he thinking?

Surely his position at the Club would be jeopardy - to do that to the Captain, a man who prides himself on his professionalism, is beyond belief. The taking of the pic itself is no big deal - on a footy trip, far worse would be done. But to keep it on his computer - what the hell? Any idiot would know the potential devastation a picture like that could cause.

Very ordinary to say the least.
f****** stupid thing to do...but he's a queenslander isn't he....'nough said :wink: 8-)
Probably less to do with his previous home state (Queensland) and more to do with his previous sport (Rugby League)

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

You take a naked photo of your captain, one of the most high profile sportsmen in the country, yourself having no doubt been to a number of AFL lectures about the dangers of the online world to AFL footballers

Said captain asks you to delete pic "then and there". If he'd complied it CANNOT have ended up on his PC/laptop

That he didnt, given the profile of him and his captain, is possibly one of the dumbest things he'll ever do

It appears also that he hasnt had the ticker to approach Roo since the pic was posted. He'd have known straight away what had happened.

Sorry, I'll stick up for Saints players like family through most stuff, but Sam Gilbert you are a complete and utter fool and Im as dissapointed in you as Ive been any Saints player for a very long time

HOWEVER, please advise (as Im about to do on Facebook) any Collingwood fans taking the moral high ground here that anyone who supports a side with Heath Shaw and Alan Didak in it should just STFU at times like this ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
DWOODROW
Club Player

I don't know about his position in the side but he w\probably won;t be going on any footy trips soon, nor will he be allowed to have a camera with him.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I thought a role as official photographer might be on the cards. Can't say he doesn't catch all the action.

DWOODROW
Club Player

gringo wrote:I thought a role as official photographer might be on the cards. Can't say he doesn't catch all the action.
Would you really want to catch that action though?? :)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I thought a role as official photographer might be on the cards. Can't say he doesn't catch all the action.
Technically they're not that good.

The lighting and the positioning of the subjects is very amateurish indeed.

What sort of filter was he using?

DWOODROW
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe he was a little into the moment

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

A latex one I think.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Trade him, its a s simple as that IMO.

DWOODROW
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:Trade him, its a s simple as that IMO.
Give him an almighty kick in the arse and let him know exactly where he stands and what he needs to do to redeem himself.

Its actually as simple as that IMO