St Kilda players in boozy brawl

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Thinline wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:And this is of interest to anyone because....??

And anyone gives a shiit about this because....??

Please, anyone feel free to answer the above questions for me.
a) it involves St Kilda and there's no footy to talk about
b) it involves St Kilda and there's no footy to talk about

There you go Dodge. Honest questions, honest answers. You could learn something.

How does it involve St Kilda?
Oh just because the SK players were involved or some trivial fact like that...

Or should I say:

Oh my stars.

Wow.

Are you for real?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
SaintPav wrote:SEN reported it on their 2pm update that the two St Kilda players were fighting each other!!!
Well to quote Dodge, "how does that involve St Kilda?" :roll:
I didn't realise there was a game this weekend?
So people can only post on games? Thanks for clearing that up RF.

In that case you're right, none of this has anything to do with St Kilda!
People can post on anything they like. I couldn't care less.

Hell, they can even express negative or critical opinions on the coach for all I care.

But I'm still unsure why anyone cares what two employees of the club do in December, that doesn't have the slightest implications on their ability to play football.

I find it odd, to say the least.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:SEN reported it on their 2pm update that the two St Kilda players were fighting each other!!!
Not the SEN I heard. It is dumb to be out at 5am what ever way you look at it. It isnt a big deal at all but to anyone who says it isnt news well it was the most looked at item on the Herald sun website.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Thinline wrote:

There you go Dodge. Honest questions, honest answers. You could learn something.

Or should I say:

Oh my stars.

Wow.

Are you for real?
Do you keep track of everything that every employee of the club does in December?

Do you care what all employees of the club do in December?

I'm a bit baffled by your hostile tone too. Very condescending and sarcastic. One could even be excused for thinking it's highly inflammatory. Baiting even.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Hell, they can even express negative or critical opinions on the coach for all I care.

But I'm still unsure why anyone cares what two employees of the club do in December, that doesn't have the slightest implications on their ability to play football.

Because they have very little going on in their lives and have to live it through others.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Not the SEN I heard. It is dumb to be out at 5am what ever way you look at it. It isnt a big deal at all but to anyone who says it isnt news well it was the most looked at item on the Herald sun website.
That says more about the people clicking on it, than the 'news' itself.

Richard Wilkins presents a 'gossip section' after the news every morning on the Today show.
In my book, just because f**kwits watch his segment every day, doesn't make it important or relevant in the slightest.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

You are a fair dinkum s*** stirrer. So Andrew Lovett wasnt news last year because it was in the off season? How far can players go in the off season before it is news? You really know how to start an argument. I even think you have me covered but at least I believe what I say.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
That says more about the people clicking on it, than the 'news' itself.

Richard Wilkins presents a 'gossip section' after the news every morning on the Today show.
In my book, just because f**kwits watch his segment every day, doesn't make it important or relevant in the slightest.
And you can bet you were one of the first on the website. By the way the papers dont care why they look aslong as they look. Obviously never done marketing.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: And you can bet you were one of the first on the website. By the way the papers dont care why they look aslong as they look. Obviously never done marketing.
??

I haven't read any article, as yet. And based on what I read here, I highly doubt I will.

As for what papers publish and why.....I fail to see how that answers my questions.
I think if anything, Maverick has that one covered in his post above.

And finally, I never have 'done marketing'. What that has to do with my questions, I fail to see.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

You are a fair dinkum s*** stirrer. So Andrew Lovett wasnt news last year because it was in the off season? How far can players go in the off season before it is news? You really know how to start an argument. I even think you have me covered but at least I believe what I say.
Lovett was only news that I cared in the slightest about, when he was cut from the list.

Up until that point, I couldn't give a stuff what these people do in their personal lives - unless it impacts mine.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote: And you can bet you were one of the first on the website. By the way the papers dont care why they look aslong as they look. Obviously never done marketing.
??

I haven't read any article, as yet. And based on what I read here, I highly doubt I will.

As for what papers publish and why.....I fail to see how that answers my questions.
I think if anything, Maverick has that one covered in his post above.

And finally, I never have 'done marketing'. What that has to do with my questions, I fail to see.
Lying again RF. Admit you had a look and also admit that most things you write are just to s*** stir and dont believe at least half of what you write. I like you will answer questions with other questions.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Don't go out until stupid o'clock.

Simple.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

bob__71
Club Player

Seriously

AlpineStars
Club Player

Stupid Media didn't bother to report that Didak was hiding in the car outside.

Wake me up when September ends.
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:haha see the HS always makes an article out of nothing, i'll give them credit for that. It still is yet to be proven true or involving the players themselves.
Just like Beams huh? The good ole HS.

Expect both him and McCarthy to be cleared. Although Beams has been delivered a stern warning - in house.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:5am. Go home, boys.

Dumb.

i agree.......at that time of the morning trouble will find you...you don't have to go looking for it.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:haha see the HS always makes an article out of nothing, i'll give them credit for that. It still is yet to be proven true or involving the players themselves.

Expect both him and McCarthy to be cleared. Although Beams has been delivered a stern warning - in house.
From what I hear it's McCarthy who should be given the stern warning - maybe the pies don't think he's important enough to worry about?

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Moods wrote:

From what I hear it's McCarthy who should be given the stern warning - maybe the pies don't think he's important enough to worry about?
He's a good Rosebud boy Moods and will be given plenty of time to show his wares......on the field.....not on the back of the wretched Hun newspaper. :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

so if i'm at the gym and richard wikins comes on the screen on the treadmill....and i don't turn him off because i don't want to watch ads about electric carpet-sweepers.....i'm a f***wit......that right rodge???

of course you won't answer.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Well how will they rationalize that down at teh Westpac Centre?
One of the 'participants' has already been charged. Is that enough for them, as long as it's not one of their players?

Does it make a difference which number in the queue you were?
If the victim is too intoxicated to give permission to the first one, then how is she not too intoxicated to give permission to numbers 2,3,4,5,6, etc?

Once again it appears Collingwood will 'punish' unacceptable anti-social behaviour by 'lashing the perpetrators with a damp lettuce leaf.

Personally I find it sickening.
That girl is somebody's daughter adn probably somebody's sister. She deserves to be treated with respect, and not abused in the manner she apparently has been.
WHat it had have been a Collingwood player's sister - would tha make it unacceptable?

When will the knobs who run Collingwood understand that their players need to follow the same rules as the rest of us in Society? They're not absolved from behaving like pack animals, even though they're fawned over by their adoring fans.

Didak all over again, but this time the victim is alive and probably suffering badly from her experiences?

What does a player (especially a good one) have to do to get properly disciplined at Collingwood?

And as for the HS, they only named Beams after Neil Mitchell publicly outed him. They went days without naming him until then.

Maybe we'll see a report on Ch9 News sometime in the middle of next season bringing it all up again?

What will teh headlines scream out?

I know:-
"Saints Sex Scandal"

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I'm curious as to why ppl think that Lenny wouldn't be capable of being involved in something like this. He plays one of the toughest sports in the world and he's one of the toughest players. The mongrel in him has risen during games more than once in his career, so he's obviously capable of it if the right buttons are pushed. You don't play at that level the way Lenny plays and just take a backward step EVERY time you're out in society. Not defending him or trying to vilify him, but just b/c many believe (and probably rightly so - I've never met the man in person) that Lenny is a ripper bloke and a perfect gentleman doesn't mean he couldn't have been involved or even initiated the fight. I've got plenty of mates who are great blokes and 99% of the time perfect gents, but have been involved in fights before. They're still great blokes. Lenny's the last bloke I would imagine who would go out looking for trouble, but if some loud mouth got the better of him, I don't condone it but my opinion of the man and the way he conducts himself doesn't change. I'm tipping that this will turn out to be a big NOTHING within a week.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I'm curious as to why ppl think that Lenny wouldn't be capable of being involved in something like this. He plays one of the toughest sports in the world and he's one of the toughest players. The mongrel in him has risen during games more than once in his career, so he's obviously capable of it if the right buttons are pushed. You don't play at that level the way Lenny plays and just take a backward step EVERY time you're out in society. Not defending him or trying to vilify him, but just b/c many believe (and probably rightly so - I've never met the man in person) that Lenny is a ripper bloke and a perfect gentleman doesn't mean he couldn't have been involved or even initiated the fight. I've got plenty of mates who are great blokes and 99% of the time perfect gents, but have been involved in fights before. They're still great blokes. Lenny's the last bloke I would imagine who would go out looking for trouble, but if some loud mouth got the better of him, I don't condone it but my opinion of the man and the way he conducts himself doesn't change. I'm tipping that this will turn out to be a big NOTHING within a week.
I agree Moods.

But unlike Mr Fox, I believe it is of some importance to us supporters even if it turns to nought.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:

Well how will they rationalize that down at teh Westpac Centre?
One of the 'participants' has already been charged. Is that enough for them, as long as it's not one of their players?

Does it make a difference which number in the queue you were?
If the victim is too intoxicated to give permission to the first one, then how is she not too intoxicated to give permission to numbers 2,3,4,5,6, etc?

Once again it appears Collingwood will 'punish' unacceptable anti-social behaviour by 'lashing the perpetrators with a damp lettuce leaf.

Personally I find it sickening.
That girl is somebody's daughter adn probably somebody's sister. She deserves to be treated with respect, and not abused in the manner she apparently has been.
WHat it had have been a Collingwood player's sister - would tha make it unacceptable?

When will the knobs who run Collingwood understand that their players need to follow the same rules as the rest of us in Society? They're not absolved from behaving like pack animals, even though they're fawned over by their adoring fans.

Didak all over again, but this time the victim is alive and probably suffering badly from her experiences?

What does a player (especially a good one) have to do to get properly disciplined at Collingwood?

And as for the HS, they only named Beams after Neil Mitchell publicly outed him. They went days without naming him until then.

Maybe we'll see a report on Ch9 News sometime in the middle of next season bringing it all up again?

What will teh headlines scream out?

I know:-
"Saints Sex Scandal"
MM with all due respect....u are one member on here who's opinions and thoughts I respect and admire greatly, especially during the recent falling out with chicago saint. Firstly I think u should rise above that issue and continue on whatever it was you were doing.

Onto the topic at hand.....its obvious none of us were there. Fact is if Beams and McCarthy were in another room when this unfortunate alleged act was going on then there is no case to answer. They are not acting "in concert", unless of course they were on the end of the queue.

Only those that were the there and most likely the police would know. If there honestly had been suffiicient evidence to warrant a charge and even a lesser charge for that matter I have no doubt the police would have pursued it well and truly by now.

I can't for the life of me see what further evidence per se they would need to establish to formulate a charge. Witness statements would have been taken with 24-48 hours, forensic evidence can be put "through the system" quite quickly, especially DNA.

Beams "in-house" warning stems from the fact that he was walking a thin line by putting himself into this situation in the first place and the fact he had one other indiscretion, albeit minor, since his arrival at the club.

I don't think there will be a 3rd time lucky in this players' case.

So as I said, whilst I respect your postings and intelligence as a forum member I can't agree on the apparent verdict u have handed down on this particular matter.

He may have been unmoralistic in how he acted but unless charged and found guilty like the million and one other people that appear before the courts I suspect we let justice do due diligence in good time.

Cheers.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Thinline wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Or should I say:

Oh my stars.

Wow.

Are you for real?
Do you keep track of everything that every employee of the club does in December?

Do you care what all employees of the club do in December?

I'm a bit baffled by your hostile tone too. Very condescending and sarcastic. One could even be excused for thinking it's highly inflammatory. Baiting even.
My tone is hostile because your internet persona is that of an a-grade twerp.

I'm interested in all things STK. I'm interested in media. I read newspapers. I listen to radio. I find the circus as amazing and silly and funny and weird as anyone else. But I don't ignore it just to somehow lift myself upon a soap box on here.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'